Old 05-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #1  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Default Gym vs 30 DS

So I didn't go to the gym this morning - I felt icky but now I'm better and I can go tonight.

But the question is - should I go spinning or should I do 30 DS? Factoring out activity points, they're actually equal. I consider spinning 45 minutes at moderate intensity and 30 DS 20 minutes at high - so that's 3 pts each.

I'm going to go "running" tomorrow morning, but I'm having issues deciding what to do tonight.

Any thoughts either way?

(I'm having an indecisive day - you should have seen me trying to pick out snacks for the corporate meeting we just had)
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 145/Don't weight often/130

Height: 5'6

I am so bias towards the 30DS, I think it's so effective for the amount of time it takes. Every workout I have ever done (step, pilates, running, general gym stuff) I spent the entire hour clock watching, when I do the Shred, I am always suprised by the end that it's already over!

I have never tried spinning though so I am totally bias here haha!
cooperistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

Do the shred! A bit of muscle building today and cardio with your run tomorrow.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:43 PM   #4  
Brighter than the moon!

Just finished the shred!

I decided to stay at work a little longer because I'm leaving "on time" tomorrow, so the 20 minute thing suited me just fine

Thanks ladies!!
Old 05-22-2009, 03:10 AM   #5  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

ive never got along very well with the shred. I much prefer the gym. Maybe because once im out of the house its "exercise time" and i cant see all the housework and uni stuff that needs doing so i enjoy it more and put more into it lol. So of course i vote gym, but whatever works for you
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:26 AM   #6  
Brighter than the moon!

I did the gym this morning

I don't know how I feel about the shred - it definitely gives me a great work out in a short amount of time, but I don't like JM's personality (dodges tomatoes being thrown).

I do best with positive encouragement. If you put a positive spin on it, I'll work really hard until I pass out. The minute you start to be kind of mean, or say things in a negative way, I don't respond. The DVD is only 20 minutes so I can push through, but I don't think I could do one of the longer videos. That's partly why I like the exercise classes at my gym so much - the instructors are SO encouraging - if they see us falling apart they're like "you guys are doing so well - we're almost done - you can do it!"

I respond to that *much* better than - THIS WILL REPLACE HOURS OF PHONING IT IN AT THE GYM - I don't phone it in at the gym, thankyouverymuch.

But sorry...side note...

I'll be shredding this weekend most likely b/c the gym is only open 8-12 and who knows if I'll want to get up early