South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 05:48 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Coffee and Chat

It's a glorious morning out there! I've taken out the trash and enjoyed the lilacs and the lovely fresh air. I have all the windows in the house open right now.

Thanks for all the good wishes yesterday. I am so glad to have that colonoscopy over with! I always worry because of the cancer in my family but was pronounced "clean as a whistle" by my surgeon. Now to get on with Life.

Lots of "stuff" going on today so I'm glad I got a jump start on my Friday. I have sheets on the line right now, have some baking organized for a dinner tomorrow and a meeting at nine with some church ladies to firm up plans for our big fund raising dinner on July 5. My mind still boggles over the thought of 94 pies! This afternoon I plan to finish setting up the wicker furniture on the front porch with cushions and move my houseplants out there for the summer. There's nothing like sitting on the front porch on a rainy day.

What are your plans for today and the weekend? It's Memorial Weekend in the States so I'm sure the smell of BBQ will be wafting across the St. Lawrence.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Ruth, do you remember the Army commercial that says, "We do more before 9 a.m. than most people do all day." You remind me of that commercial! I'm so glad your colonoscopy went well. That kind of stuff can stress you out!

I never sleep the night before a big event. I've been up since 4:30. We'll hit the road before 7, or else we'll hit Birmingham rush hour traffic. It's only a 5 hour trip today. Tonight we are having dinner with one of my old college friends and her family. I haven't seen her in 20 years! It's going to be fun. As I was leaving the office yesterday, my boss said, "I need you to call these people before 8:30 tomorrow morning." Sorry!

Today is Hubby's 46th birthday. He bought himself a new HD radio with an iPod adaptor. I bought him new, heavy-duty t-shirts. We had cake Wednesday night with his parents. My birthday is next. Birthday month has started!

I hope you all have the most wonderful weekend! Ruth, maybe you can have BBQ to celebrate with us.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:22 AM   #3  

I wanna go on a trip this weekend. I hope the weather will be ok.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

It's 60-70% chance of rain every day. If it rains, we'll visit the Navy Museum in Pensacola, visit the outlet mall in Foley, and still eat lots of seafood. A little rain won't dampen my spirits!

That being said, I hope we have some sun.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone!

I confess that I slept in until 6 this morning. So you all are way ahead of me! I got a lot done yesterday morning, though, so I'll try not to feel too guilty.

I'm glad it went well for you and you got a clean bill of health yesterday, Ruth. That's a huge load off your shoulders. How are Disney's ears?

Chelby, have a super-dooper weekend at the beach, and have a safe trip! Don't forget the sun-screen!

to The Beach, jessiemartin70!
Old 05-22-2009, 06:55 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning sunshine Chicks

Ruth - I adore lilacs. MY Mom has my grandmother's bushes and they are still wonderful. I think I'll work on my porch too.

Speaking of porches - since Chicks know everything, I'm trying to figure out if my Weber grill has a leak and which part it might be. The power is pretty sad. Ideas?

Chelby - Have a fantastic weekend at the beach! I missed my clams this week so I'd appreciate it if you could eat some seafood for me Listen to Cottage - remember the sunscreen!

Jessie - Hope you get out somewhere and enjoy the weekend!

Cottage - I slept in too. Must have been the day for it (maybe we are getting ready for the weekend?!). Sometimes you need a little extra sleep makes the whole day better.

Not much going on this morning, just lots of chores. This afternoon is the usual Fun Friday with my friend. Don't know what's on the agenda but I'm sure it will be fun. The weekend will be full of gardening and mowing and chores. We might add a whale watch Sunday if the weather is good. Today though, have to get everything ready for the weekend activities.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:20 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

I sounds like everyone is up for a fast paced weekend.

Ruth, I like the painted greeting. Thanks! Enjoy your cruise today doing all the things you enjoy.

Chelby, have a great trip! Umm...seafood!

Cottage, hope you got a little extra rest...and don't feel guilty.

Cyndi, hmm...I have a Weber, too, but just always hope that it works. Thanks for sharing info on CSA's. I have made a commitment to buy anything I can "closer to home". Less fossil fuel and helps my neighbors more. Hope you get to whale watch.

JessieMartin, Welcome! I'm new here, and this is a great group of chicks.

Me, I'm going to grab that coffee and head outside and join Lexxiss. Today I have one water aerobics, and if its still wet I won't be able to ride my bike. Perfect weather for planting, the garden is almost all in-with the exception of the new lasagna garden where I'm going to plant my squash. I made a SB pizza last night for the Nuggets-Lakers game. It was fantastic!....so I might check in later.

Thanks for helping me through another clean day on P2.

Debbie R
Old 05-22-2009, 07:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, check the hose connections on your grill. Sometimes a spider will get in there and clog it. If Jake was home, he'd probably know right away what the problem is, but I'm only winging it.

Hi, there, Debbie! Looks like you've hit the ground running for the day, lol! Have a great day!
Old 05-22-2009, 07:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Quick check-in....have to get DS on the bus!

Ruth - I am so relieved you're okay. In a way, it seems silly to develop such friendships without ever meeting someone in person, but you mean so much to everyone on here! Yeah!! I'm so happy you got clean results!!

Cyndi - Is it the end of your vacation ? Hope you enjoy time with a friend!

Cottage - Sleeping in til six?!?!? You rebel!!

Shelby - enjoy!! Drive safe!

Jessie - welcome! (I want to go on a trip too )

Debbie R- I don't think I ever said hello!! Hope you're enjoying it with us on the beach!

Me - I think we're giving up on the house. Gave us ANOTHER postponement, it might be another 2 months. We're getting tired of it. Sigh. But, we're off to look at more houses today, maybe it will be over soon!! Otherwise, I'm off to have breakfast with a friend, then work a bit, then look at houses. We might be taking the kiddos to the local carnival (we're holding that over their heads to be good!!!) for rides. Looks like it's going to be a great day!!

Have a wonderful day chicks!
Old 05-22-2009, 09:26 AM   #10  
sophie

good morning

Ruth - glad your are fine and you planner is full as usual.

Cyndi - DH makes a solution on water and detergent and puts it on the pipe joints to see if there is a leakage, if it bubbles there is one.

Cottate - you are just storing up energy for the weekend.

Chelby - enjoy your beach time.

Jessie - welcome and I will join to on the trip.

Debbie - you are getting lots of exercise.

Twynn - maybe that house just wasn't meant to happen.

me - lots of planting today and I have to plan a baby blanket for my daughter's best friend, she is having a $100,000 baby (invitro) She has been coming to our house since she was 6 and opening the fridge and helping herself to whatever was there.
take care
Sophie
Old 05-22-2009, 09:39 AM   #11  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!!!TGIF!!!

Ruth - What a lovely way to start the thread this morning. I agree with Chelby, I think you'd give the Army a run for it's money!

Chelby - Have a great time on your trip. Happy Birthday!!!

Cottage - A sleep in everyone once in a while is good for the soul. You've earned it!

Cyndi - Hope you're able to find some whales this weekend!

Jessie - Welcome to the chat!

Twynn - So sorry about the house. I hope you find something soon that will work for you and your family!

Debbie - Sounds like your garden is coming along fabulously!

Sophie - That's one expensive baby......Wow!!!

Me - Got some great news yesterday, we qualified for a really good home loan!!!! So we have officially started looking for a place to buy so we can be out of our apartment by August! We're VERY EXCITED!!!!
This weekend we're spending most of it with friends at their homes, but on Sunday we're going to the Scottish Festival and Highland Games. It should be lots of fun. I think DH is going to get his haggis on. I'm still on the fence as to if I'm going to try it or not. We'll see!
Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!
BLESSINGS!
Old 05-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Good morning all-just a quick stop by to say have great holiday weekend!

My weekend plans are to not eat everything in site, not buy junk food at the store because it's on sale because of the holiday weekend and start working on cleaning up and organizing my sewing area. I make a lot of quilts and misc dolls/stuffed animals/tote bags for sick kids and wounded soldiers, people find out and give me what they have then I feel guilty and decide I have to make something out of it and until then it gets piled into a corner of the room that slowly grows and multiplies and one day all I have is a path from the door to my sewing machine and ironing board. This is the group I work with the charity sewing http://www.mspquiltingangels.blogspot.com/

Oh, happy dance, between all my working out and eating better I've lost 10 pounds.!!!!

Sarah in MD
Old 05-22-2009, 10:13 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/133/115

glad all went well ruth!! having my iced coffee again this morning. YUM!! Have any of you had greek yogurt? OMG.. its so yummy!
Old 05-22-2009, 11:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Ruth: It's great you got the all-clear! Now you can move on and get back to being busy! Have a beautiful day.

Chelby: How exciting! I love leaving for vacation early in the morning. It just makes the fun start sooner! Enjoy your weekend and I can't wait to hear how great everything was!

Jessie: Hi and welcome! I'm glad we didn't plan an out-of-town trip this weekend, we have wet weather in store. I hope your weather is better!

Hi, Cottage! You early-risers really amaze me! Getting up to get going at 6 am would be a great accomplishment for me!

Cyndi: I hope you're really having a Fun Friday! Enjoy your day and your weekend! Wanna come do my outside chores so that I can relax?

Twynn: What a bummer about the house!! I can't believe they're trying to put you on another postponement! At least you'll have the carnival to distract you from the situation.

Sophie: What a blessing that your daughter's best friend was able to get pregnant. Have fun planning the baby blanket! I hope you'll post pics when it's done.

Heather: Congrats! Have fun searching for a new home; it's such an exciting thing to do! You'll have to let us know about the haggis. I would stay far away from it.

Sarah: Congrats on your 10 lb. loss so far! Keep it up! What a great thing to do with your sewing talents. Good luck getting everything organized.

Hi, moncheree! Have a great Friday!

It's certainly a Friday at the office. Everyone is antsy and ready for the long weekend. We have three of our six out of the office today, so it's really quiet.

DH and I really don't have anything planned this weekend, which is really nice. We may try and do some weeding and mowing if it dries up. It's been wet since yesterday afternoon and we have a 60% chance the rest of the weekend. Tonight is "date night" and DH decided he wants appetizers for dinner and a movie. We're having some of the worst food imaginable; pot stickers, breaded mozzarella sticks, mini tacos, and corn dog bites. I'll throw a salad on the side for good measure. I don't know what movie we'll be watching since it's so hard for us to agree on something. Probably Transformers. It seems like that's the only thing we ever agree on!

Okay, off to work again. There's not much to do, but I suppose I should at least keep up the illusion that we're working hard.

~Kim
Old 05-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I'm too tired to eat.

Bet you never thought you'd read me say THAT, did you?

Sophie and Oscar sleep on my side of the bed as to not disturb Tom at night, or they'll just go to the kennel. So, around 3am, Sophie started flipping, flapping, scratching, chewing, and stomping on my boob to get leverage so she could do all of the above. I spent from 3am to 5:30am trying to keep her still and quiet so Tom wouldn't wake up, and then she puked. In the bed. I got her to the floor and then she puked on the carpet.

I tossed Tom out of bed (he slept through it all) and gathered up the sheets and he went back to sleep, but Little Guy was up. So I had to coax Little Guy into going back to his room and being quiet, and the dogs and I laid down on the couch but I didn't go back to sleep because I was trying to keep the dogs from barking at every little "tweet" out of the birds outside.

I literally have had some water, a cheese stick, and a serving of Triscuits and homemade bruschetta today, but I just have no appetite. I would take a nap if I thought I'd feel better after, but I can only afford an hour before I'd have to get cleaned up and get Little Guy, so it's not worth it.

Found out last night that a close friend's son passed away. He was only in his early 20's so it's pretty sad. The visitation is tonight so I think I'll run by and give condolances on behalf of my parents, brother, and Abdul, who are all out of town.

At least since I just had my birthday, I have a dress to wear. Oy.

Hope everyone has a great day. Sorry I'm not el-peppo like I usually am. I'm just...... really...... tired.

Lisa
Closed Thread