Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-01-2009, 07:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/173/135

Height: 5ft 4.5

Default cereal!!!!

ok i can't actually get away from eating the stuff i mean i eat a huge bowl in the morning filled to the top and it's ussually cornflakes but sometimes oats although oats seem to be a bigger trigger. And I'm pretty good going the rest of the day but i worry that the cereal is stopping me. For instance yesterday food diary goes:

MOrning= Huge bowl of cornflakes + simmed milk

Dinner= Ceaser salad chicken no crutons

Snack= 2 pieces of melon

Lots of diet coke

so the rest of the day is fine just need to know really is cereal really bad\?????

and does n e one else get this with cereal???? cheers
chudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I can get that way if I let myself near it, so I don't let myself keep the really addictive cereals in the house (just what df eats). Do you count calories and/or measure out how much you're actually eating? Cereal has a ton of calories in it, more so because the serving size is so small (often around 3/4 to 1 cup for 150 calories for the frosted types). I think its counting calories that helps me stay away from stuff like that- it makes me realize that if I eat 500 calories for breakfast, what's going to be left for the rest of the day!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #3  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

I am a cereal eater myself. Probably because in a house with children it's quite hard not to grab a quick bowl of cereal. If I do eat it, I barely put any milk in it and try to stay true to the serving size. Is it bad? I have no clue, but it's definitely something I need to look into myself as more often than not, a quick bowl of cereal is not only convenient but satisfies that sweet tooth I seem to have in the mornings.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I gave up cereal as a breakfast because I need 3 big bowls to feel full, or more. It does make a fair once in a while snack or dessert. But I was much happier once I stopped expecting it to be filling.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:00 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8

Cereal is pretty much a death trap for me. 99.9% of the time I end up binging on it and eat sooooo many bowls in one sitting until it feels like cereal is filled up to my throat. This usually happens either on a friday or saturday night after everyone has gone to sleep.
I'm proud to say that I'm completing my 2nd weekend and 14th day being binge free
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/173/135

Height: 5ft 4.5

Wat do u cereal free guys eat for breakfast insted???? yer last night after my meal had to eat two bowls then felt very sick and still binged!!! i hate binging
chudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Cereal is my weakness, as well. Even the high fiber "boring" types are dangerous for me. Sometimes i can have them w. plain yogurt on top in the morning and be OK, but other times it can get completely out of control.

A "safer" breakfast for me is usually hard boiled eggs or some other kind of protein with fruit.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:18 PM   #8  

Height: 5'8

Ill either have egg beaters (plain or w/ sundried tomatoes or something) and whole wheat 8 grain english muffins that I bake myself or I will have oatmeal with toast... usually I have a banana too, but I eat that before my cardio workout, then I eat breakfast after that.
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudge View Post
ok i can't actually get away from eating the stuff i mean i eat a huge bowl in the morning filled to the top and it's ussually cornflakes but sometimes oats although oats seem to be a bigger trigger. And I'm pretty good going the rest of the day but i worry that the cereal is stopping me. For instance yesterday food diary goes:

MOrning= Huge bowl of cornflakes + simmed milk

Dinner= Ceaser salad chicken no crutons

Snack= 2 pieces of melon

Lots of diet coke

so the rest of the day is fine just need to know really is cereal really bad\?????

and does n e one else get this with cereal???? cheers
Im not seeing a lot of food listed here. Where is lunch? That's not a lot of dinner either. Im not seeing where the cereal is sending you into a binge unless you mean eating a big bowl of it. Maybe try switching to a whole grain, high protein/fiber cereal and add some fruit to it, then a morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack dinner ect.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: Just Getting Started...

Cereal tends to be a bad bad thing for me. It definitely is a binge trigger - 'That bowl was soooo good, I'll just have one more' and then 'Maybe just a half a bowl more' followed by handful after handful after handful...
Not good. I think part of the problem is that cereals tend to be sweet (even the low sugar ones), and sugar is so so addictive!
One thing that does help, is taking the box and immediately putting it into serving size baggies. For me, it's harder to overeat when I know exactly how many servings I just had!!!
SarahBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudge View Post
Wat do u cereal free guys eat for breakfast insted???? yer last night after my meal had to eat two bowls then felt very sick and still binged!!! i hate binging
Used to be oatmeal, in winter I would make it with canned pumpkin, enough for the week (I like the extra thick kind, cooked on the stove), then reheat with soymilk, and stir in flax meal.

Now, I'm having muesli - oats (I'm actually using a multi-grain mix) soaked in vanilla soy milk (not cooked), with some Greek yogurt, 1/2 a banana, 1/4 of a green apple, plus cranberries and nuts.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 142/136/120

Height: 5'3

Chudge- I completly relate! It can be a death trap to me because I feel like it's healthy, with all the fibre and milk/calcium, but after 4-5 bowls... not healthy :0 Instead, I like to have 1 cup cottage cheese and a cup of apple slices. I get the calcium, not to mention protein and I enjoy the sweetness from the fruit.

I highly recommend it to anyone!
Patchmaxnala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I like Oatmeal with fixin's--ground flaxseed, 10 raw almonds and a bunch of berries. This morning I had a stalk of brocolli with 5 egg whites. I also like egg white salad on whole wheat bread with lettuce and tomatoes.

I love cold cereal but can easily eat 500 calorie bowl lickity split and be hungry an hour later.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #14  
So close!

S/C/G: 162/143/105

Height: 5'3"

I love cold cereal, without milk. I occasionally eat cheerios with milk, but usually I eat cheerios, cornflakes, or life just as a snack or dessert. I never have more than 1 cup at a time. I also don't eat it for breakfast. I have a protein shake for breakfast which tastes delicious and fills me up, and I save cereal for "dessert" or something to snack on when I'm reading or watching TV. I don't really like sugary cereals, I stick to ones with fiber and whole grains, but I also just love the taste. Mmm!!
Rowenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #15  

That looks a day's unhealthy eating.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote