Old 05-19-2009, 11:54 PM   #1  

Default Kitchen Scales

I was telling my hubby tonight that we need to get us one of those fancy-pants electronic kitchen scales to weigh our food and he has agreed we should get one. I'm thinking this will keep us honest about our portions.....no "guesstimating" how much a piece of meat weighs, etc. Does anyone have a recommendation on make and model?
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

I just recently bought a Kitrics Nutrition Label Scale. I love it! It has a food list with a number you can enter so when you weigh the item, it will tell you no only how many grams or ounces you have weighed, but also calories, calories from fat, etc. on it. It looks like a nutrition label on the packaging of food. You can also customize up to 99 entries. It has a tare feature, which I guess all scales do, where you can put your container on first, and the scale will reset to zero so you do not have to worry about the weight of the container. I bought it two weeks ago, and have used it for every meal. It is really simple to use, and I am glad I bought it.
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

I also have to add that the food scale really opened my eyes when it comes to portion sizes. It is an excellant tool, and keeping a food journal really helps cut down on unneeded calories. I really do believe it is an awesome tool, and a good investment.
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:32 AM   #4  

Thanks for the recommendation - I'll check it out!
Old 05-21-2009, 06:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1"

Default Scale

At one time I used to buy the scales sold at the LA Weightloss centers, then I bought a scale that looked excatly like it from Kmart (less expensive). However, just recently my friend is allowing me to use her scale until August and it is a small postage scale believe it or not and it is accurate all the time. I need to purchase one myself she said she got it at Amazon.com so soon I will be forced to buy one of my own.

The scale she has is:
Royal ds5 (digital scale)
with a 5lb capacity.

I hope this helps.
kennedy5672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:04 AM   #6  

Hey that sounds like it'd work really good too....thanks for the suggestion!
Old 05-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I just bought a cuisinart for $40 at Bed Bath and Beyond. I really like it, it has the tare feature also, you zero out the container, then add 1st food, zero out add the next food, etc. so you can fix your plate and weigh each food individually.
melwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote