South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 05:54 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Chatterings and Cluckings

Good morning. It's a no-coffee morning for me but help yourself. There's the remains of the last moon and a sunrise about to happen in the east. You can certainly smell the lilacs in the breeze. It's going to be a lovely day - almost summerlike!

My sister will be picking my up for the trip to the hospital at eight and I'm killing time until then. I may even vacuum before I take a bath and get ready. I am really looking forward to getting my life back later today.

Hope your Thursday is more thrilling than mine.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I pray that your procedure goes well this morning, Ruth. I'm so glad you'll have your sister with you. Hopefully, by this evening, you'll be feeling fit as a fiddle.

It's a picture perfect morning here, and is supposed to be a beautiful day. I only wish my allergies weren't bothering me so much. I've been taking raw honey for years to tame my allergies, but all of the sudden it doesn't seem to be working. Even my neti pot isn't helping much. But this too shall pass, as they say.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:45 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Ruth - I hope the day passes by quickly and you have a lovely meal planned for this evening. I'll be checking in for the "all clear" news tonight

Cottage - Sorry to hear about the allergies. I know it's been tough for a lot of people this year. I hope it doesn't get in the way of enjoying this amazing weather.

We had a wonderful time at PI yesterday. Saturday was nice but very cold. yesterday the weather was perfect and there were no beach goers speeding down the road, so the best possible combo. I biked and walked and birded and generally had a fun day. DP walked and took pics while I biked so it was an ideal trip.

I'm not sure what today will bring. DP has today off too, then she's back to work tomorrow. We will probably go somewhere but it won't involve a lot of driving. We've been in the car enough for a few days.

I made a new salad that will be the perfect template recipe for my summer bean salads. I'll post it even though measurements are lacking as usual
Old 05-21-2009, 07:37 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

It's always great to hear from you all so early in the morning. It certainly helps to get my day started right.

Ruth, I love the lilacs in the spring. It was one of the things I always missed in Alaska. Take care today!

Cottage, glad to hear your weather is improving. Sorry about the allergies. I used to have some wicked allergies in spring, but it seems to be lots better down here.

Cyndi, it was nice hearing about your adventure yesterday. I'm glad the weather cooperated! I will be patiently awaiting your new salad recipe.

Me, I had a great day yesterday and came out clean. Yea Today is my busy pool day, water aerobics and yoga, and of course I'll ride my bike in. I'm going to spend time this morning on Ancestry.com. My brother and I are really working on the family tree. I called a cousin I have never met yesterday. She was as excited as I. We've set a plan to get together soon.

Foodwise, I'm doing fine right now. We got our delivery of fresh produce last night from our CSA so it was fresh salad , stir fried bok choy and blackened chix breast. The perfect SB meal.

I'll check in later. Have a great day everyone!!

Debbie R
Old 05-21-2009, 07:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/164.8/135

Height: 5'3

Good morning all. I hope this morning finds you all feeling great. Today I am off work and will spend the day cleaning the house and preparing for our year end celebration and graduations at the homeschool co-op tomorrow night. As for my first day back to school yesterday it was great! I do believe I am going to love this class. Hope you all have a great day!

Ruth - Good luck with the procedure today. I hope it goes well. I know you can't wait for it to be over!

cottage - It looks like a beautiful here today also. My allergies aren't too bad so far but my kids are really suffering right now. I hope the honey starts working again for you soon.

Cyndi - Sounds like you had a very enjoyable trip!
Old 05-21-2009, 07:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks,
I had an on-the-road day yesterday and stayed on plan pretty well except for that lara bar - it didn't list ingredients, but it was too yummy and couldn't have been legal. I am home today and trying to knock a lot off my list because DH and I are taking the day off tomorrow so we can dive into the yard work. We may (or may not) be going away this weekend, so I need to get my chores done that I usually save for the weekend. He keeps changing his mind and is generally driving me crazy. I like to have a plan, you know? In any case, 4-day weekend, woo-hoo.

Ruth, good luck, here's hoping all goes well today. I know you'll be happy to have it over and done with. Good for you for setting a good example for us and getting it done at all! I haven't yet... And my brother, who is 6 years older had one last year and found some pre-c polyps, so advised us all that we should be vigilant.

Sorry you are suffering cottage. I used to get terrible sinus headaches, but since SB I rarely do. I think it must be staying hydrated, or maybe it was a food allergy all along? It's terrible to feel bad on such a gorgeous day!

Cyndi, glad to hear you are enjoying your vaca! I'll look for your recipe.

Lexxis, genealogy is a fun hobby and I found it can be all-consuming! I did ours about 10 years ago, and traced it back as far as I could, then I lucked out and found a guy online - his family tree was missing a side branch, which was the branch I had worked on, and right where I had hit a dead end, so I was able to plug into his, which went back to the early 1700's. I'll have to go to Ireland one day to go back any farther than that!

By the way, I am done Ph1ing for a while. It was the strawberry-rhubarb sauce that did it. I had some on oatmeal yesterday and it was heavenly!

Hope you chicks have a great day!
Old 05-21-2009, 08:00 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Schmoodle - Lara bars include dates, nuts and fruit of some kind only. The dates are a no no but I admit that I eat them when I need a pick up and have had no trouble with them. I'm lucky though, no problems with fruit just processed sugars & grains, and too much grain. Enjoy the long weekend!

Vking - I'm looking forward to your school stories. I've been thinking about it myself (at 48) and am more than a little nervous about the idea.

Debbie - our first CSA order arrives tonight and it includes bok choy! I'm so excited. I'm trying tatsoi too. I love greens

I think today is a slower more relaxing day
Old 05-21-2009, 08:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Good Morning!

It's going to be a long, busy day, but tomorrow, we leave for the beach. I'm so excited!!!

Ruth, I hope you have a great meal planned for after your proceedure -- to refill that colon.

Cottage, Sinus problems are the pits! I hope you feel better soon. Do you need a good rain where you are?

Cyndi and Lexxiss, How did you find a local CSA? I would love to buy fresh veggie like that. I'd buy milk and cheese from a dairy if I knew how to find one.

VKing, I'm glad you enjoyed your first day of school. Your kids will be proud of you.

Schmoodle, Leave your Hubby HOME! I hope you have a perfect weekend with or without him.

Have to leave the house in 15 minutes. Today I'm going to remember to feed my son breakfast!

Hope your day is wonderful!
Old 05-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Chelby - try this link: http://www.localharvest.org/search-c...but.y=13&but=s
not sure how far these are.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Thank you, Cyndi. There is one in Albertville, which is about 30 miles away. I'm going to contact them.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:57 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Just in..... here are the birthday pics. Oy. Just a quick fly-by. Have the dogs now and they're quite upset that Little Guy had to go to school instead of spending the day with them. "How how how howOOOOO" is their mantra. Need to go sit with them to calm them down. Be by later!

Lisa

Old 05-21-2009, 10:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning! I've been at the office for about an hour already and am just now getting a second to check in!

Ruth: Hope everything goes well and that you're able to get back to your normal self by this evening. Good for you for keeping up with the check-up!

Cottage: It sounds like a LOVELY day your way! Sorry about the allergies. I've been blessed since we moved to the desert and haven't had to deal with them. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Cyndi: It sounds like yesterday was just perfect and I'm glad you and DP had a pleasant time. Enjoy your last together vacation day today.

Lexxiss: One of these days my mom and I are going to take some time to go to Ancestry and start looking into our family history. How neat that you've found a previously unknown cousin!

VKing: It's great that your first day of class went so well and I hope you continue to enjoy it!

Schmoodle: It's a good thing I don't know what a Lara bar is. I'd probably eat a few too many if they're too good to care what the ingredients are! I hope you get a plan for the weekend soon! Not knowing what we were going to do would drive me CRAZY!

Chelby: I hope your son got breakfast! I'm sure he did! Have a nice day!

ETA: Hi, Lisa! How cute that the dogs are pining for LG! Love the birthday pics; it looks like it was A LOT of fun!

Me: I've had a bad past few days and I really need to get back on track. At this point, I will be happy if I have maintained when I weigh myself on Sunday. I slipped up this morning for breakfast, but will be good the rest of the day. I really, really need to increase my water and veggie intake, so that's what my focus will be today.

DH and I are celebrating our 5-year anniversary on June 4th and he just found out he got a big raise that will be reflected on the June 1st paycheck. He said he wanted to spend his first month's raise on me, but I got him to settle for just buying me my new knife set and sending the rest to reduce debt. He didn't want to do it, but was 100% okay with the compromise when he saw how excited I was to order the knives. Now I just have to wait until they get here! What a blessing compromise is when it actually works!

Okay, off to cruise the rest of the internet before the mail comes in. I hope everyone to come has a great day!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 05-21-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 228/200/155

Height: 5'1

Hello Chicks:
Today my little helper Katie who is 2 1/2 and I are going to Walk walk walk with Leslie Sansome and do some potty training! Wish us luck. I hope you all have an untempting day!

Last edited by luvbug02468; 05-21-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/133/115

Height: 5'0"

GOOD MORNING LADIES!!! It's a beautiful day in Arizona. It's been overcast all week and has been raining daily! Absolutely wonderful. (I know to most of you, overcast and rainy does not sound good) BUT in Arizona its gorgeous weather!! It's only been in the 80's. Last couple weeks have been in the 100's... so it's definately a nice break. I feeling really good this morning. I weighed myself this morning 138 after weighing 142 for 3 weeks! Argh. Today is a beautiful day! Got my iced coffee from Starbucks, work is going smoothly... My mom is going in for her breast biopsy FINALLY today. So keep your fingers crossed.. NO BREAST CANCER PLZ!! I need my mommy happy and healthy for as long as I can have her. RUTH- what procedure are you having done? Next week I am going in for a colposcopy.. screening for cervical cancer. BLEGH. I have never had that done before so Im totally freaked out. Hope all goes well with everyone. lots of love!!
Old 05-21-2009, 02:00 PM   #15  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Just a quickie hi to everyone! I'm done with all the weeding and almost finished spreading 7 cu yds of hemlock mulch in all the plant beds. Yaay on that.

Gotta get back outside. Have a great day everyone...it's summer here today!!
Closed Thread