S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat: Wednesday, 5/20

Mornin' All!

Just getting us started!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #2  

Good morning!

I'm off to a slow start this week. I don't know if I have a cold or allergies for the first time in my life but I'm all snuckle-headed and unmotivated because of it. Still trying to eat decent but this week is probably a write-off loss wise. Oh- and its the week before TOM which always makes my weight a little higher.

Weight loss isn't moving along well this week but the rest of my life is great.

How is everyone else doing?
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:30 AM   #3  
Turtle wanna be

S/C/G: 302/240/170

Height: 5.4"

I am a little worried. This morning the Teachers are providing us breakfast. I think I can avoid that, I have most of my will power in the morning. Plus I will go in armed with sugarless gum!

But this afternoon is our classified week luncheon. I have not been in the situation of food in a buffet. I am worried I will go overboard. Plus how will I get nutritional information to log into my diary?

The theme is a western ho-down. They are serving BBQ chicken, Rib-a-que sandwiches, meatballs, pork n beans, watermelon, green salad and don't forget the retirement cake. I am not a fan of chicken on the bone so I am safe there. I plan to eat a rib a que (pressed meat thing like McDonald's) without the bun of course. I don't care for pork n beans. And if I can control myself with the salad dressing I should be in the clear.

Wish me luck and will power. After-all tonight is my W/I

Last edited by msmeri; 05-20-2009 at 10:31 AM.
msmeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:13 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

msmeri that ribaque may be loaded with fat. The chicken would be a better choice if it's white meat. But of course you can't always control what you are served so do the best you can do and don't sweat it. Sounds like you have a good plan, the hard part will be sticking too it.

Been doing great food wise the last few days. I've also upped my water, amazingly my headaches have disappeared. I went to a class last week on why water was so important. I found out that I should be drinking more than the normal 64 oz of water. I upped it by two glasses and cut out all the other drinks and no more headaches. You can start the effects of dyhydration in less than a day. Some of the side effects are headache, fatigue, muscle cramps.

Today at 4 I go back for the once a month visit with the dietician, NP and Exercise physiologist. Cross your fingers.. I want to be down where I need to be down and up where I need to be up. I feel like I struggle so much I have no idea how it's going to go today.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:28 PM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

msmeri, Beth is right, the bbq chicken would be a better choice, if you could stand pulling it off the bone. Guess it's too late now... Oh well, just the fact that you are consious of the situation is a good start!

Beth,

Binder, PMS and sinus'? That'll make for no motivation! Hang in there!

LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #6  

I hope the luncheon went okay. I did bad at a family thing on Sunday by eating a chicken salad croissant.

Squeek- look at you closing in hard on onderland! Woot Woo! At the rate I'm not losing you'll pass me in no time. Glad to see your hard work paying off.

How has the day gone for you, Lauren?
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote