Old 03-15-2009, 11:18 PM   #1  
Nikki

S/C/G: 198/189/140

Height: 5'4

Red face "Eaters Remorse"

Ever have one of those days when you eat something you know you shouldn't, but can't seem to put the brakes on??? I'm having one of those days. I think I'll blame it on TOM and general insanity, but it still doesn't prevent the guilty feeling afterwards. Pretty much like getting caught wih your hand in the cookie jar! lol

I generally don't use my bonus 35pts, I've got it in my head that those pts are for emergency use only! I'm going to qualify this time as just that-an emergency-and get right back on the wagon tomorrow. I think I'm doing ok with the program, but haven't been too good with the writing everything down. I need to find a way to make myself do it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
~Nikki
pflughzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Reward yourself for tracking. Mine is a reward after filling in the 90 day tracker, hoping by then it is habitual. I have tracked every day since starting so I'm well over halfway there.
I had a couple of hungry days last week and I ate almost every available point and still lost weight! I think sometimes we just get hungry. Hoping you see a loss at your weigh in.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:53 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 6

I had one of those days yesterday... we were having another couple over for dinner. I am so used to eating dinner at a certain time that waiting for dinner was too much and I was STARVING. I ate 5 girl scout cookies I was so mad at myself. I should have just had a healthy snack to fill me up for an hour. I didn't want to have 5 cookies, I thought I would just have two. I even put them away after two, but 10 minutes later I went back for another one. That one turned into three!!! Oh well, at least I had all my weekly points left, so I just used some of them. I do regret it, but I learned that next time we're having a late dinner I definitely need a mini meal when I get home!
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:57 AM   #4  
Nikki

S/C/G: 198/189/140

MandiK- I'm guilty of the same thing...waiting until I'm so hungry that all reason is out the window! I scarf down anything within reach and then emotionally beat the tar out of myself. Is this a messed up scenario or what??? Talk about being a binge eater, that is definately my m.o. in this whole weight loss journey. It isn't that I don't know better, so why do I keep doing it? Who knows?

Anyways, we'll just get right back on track and keep on truckin'. Congratulations on your achievement so far and keep up the good work.

~Nikki
pflughzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #5  
lots of fun!

i totally identify with this post. i never looked at myself as a binge eater before, then once i really decided to watch my weight HOLY COW! and i by no means starve myself. i eat a good breakfast.. good lunch, and snacks if i'm hungry. but once i come home from work, before dinner is ready or even thought about, instead of grabbing a healthy filling snack because i want to save the points for dinner, my mind runs away with me. oh what's a cheezit here, one bite of this won't hurt me, ok i'll have that one cracker. before i know it i've eaten prob 200-300 calories in "bites" and then i feel SOOOOOOOOO guilty and upset at myself that it just makes me want to throw in the towel. NIGHTLY. this is a problem and i agree with you Nikki, being a binge eater is definitely not my m.o. either!! agreed we'll have to keep on trucking and it does feel a lot better coming on here to just vent about it and see we're not alone!

good luck to us all
ifindhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #6  
Flowers Only

S/C/G: 236/200/150

Height: 5'4"

Red face

That is the key! You are on the the right track! Getting back to it is key!!
TeresaKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 258/208/140 REDO 268/267/140

Height: 5'7"

I am fairly certain that everyone here has dealt with this at least once!! WW rocks because it kind of plans on it! The awesome thing is that you recognize that it is something you want to change, and from now on you can plan ahead and focus on it!! Keep up the great work!
duinmiownthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 228/215/128

I have the same problem, I can plan what to eat at work and take it with me, but when I get home, lookout! I want to eat everything! I have found that if I do not let myself get extremely hungry I do better. I also found that if i am bored at home I want to eat, so I have started to get up and do something if I feel like eating even though I am not hungry-my house stays cleaner now!

Weigh in tomorrow, I hope to have a good loss!
owensmommy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #9  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Acknowledge it, don't judge it, forgive yourself, account for it via Flex points, do better tomorrow and move on!

As for journalling, just commit to it for one week. Carry around the book and a pencil. Write it down before you eat it. This for me was the key to success. I didn't want to, it was boring, but I viewed it like medicine and wrote it down. You just might have to suck it up and do it, even if you don't want to...

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 06-02-2009 at 09:19 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

I can relate. Yesterday and today I've been really bad BAD, some stuff going on and I can't seem to stop. At least I went to my Zumba classes, I was feeling like not going. I'm feeling better now so tomorrow it's going to be a better day.
Renacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:59 AM   #11  
ASHABROAD

S/C/G: 222.7/212.5/140

I have two notebooks to write everything down in.
I keep one at home and one is in my purse or bag so I have no excuse....

As for days like that, try the whole weekend for me..and today my WI showed.

I have just vowed that even if I am doing poorly I will write it down, because honestly lying only cheats you, no one else.

Good luck, we can do this.
Rooting for you from Germany!
ASH0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

It is awesome that you are considering your actions. But it is absolutely fantastic that you are just moving on. Yes, that IS KEY. Yay you!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:20 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220.6/213.2/145

I have those days. I call it the hungry horrors when I've had some healthy and filling meals/snacks and I'm still hungry and want to eat everything in site.
rowan108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:09 AM   #14  
Shrinking chickie

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

You aren't alone at all!
Yesterday my dinner plans got complicated cause of the weather so we went to a restaurant that I haven't been to since I started losing weight and while I tried to be sensible and order chicken I INHALED my food I was so hungry, including lots of fries.. and I only realized when I was done. Now I feel horrible!
But like you, I don't usually use my 35 points so I told myself I have to be really really good for the rest of the week and see what happens!
But like they say a bit everywhere on this forum, don't wait until tomorrow to get back on track, start right away! So yay for moving on!
kk140 is offline   Reply With Quote