Old 05-18-2009, 05:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/143/120

Height: 5'3

Default 30 Day Shred...Chat and Support #2

Today was day two for me, so I'm still on level one. It was way harder since I'm sore from yesterday. I love the pain from after workouts, though. I just have to be careful not to overdo it.

Has anyone tried Jillian's "No More Trouble Zones," too? My friend's letting me borrow it (although she never even opened it...)
SillyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Height: 5'6"

You love the burn too? I like it as long as I'm done working out!

Other people on the forum have tried No More Trouble Zones, and liked it. I hear that Jillian's other new release, the Boost Your Metabolism one, is a bit more difficult.
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:54 PM   #3  
is covered in paint

Height: 5'7

i haven't tried either - feel so behind the times! i might start one of those up after i'm done the 30 days.

one thing i really like about 30DS is that you're only doing the same workout for 10 days - and by day 10, i was really, really bored. do her other videos play the same kind of switch-it-up mind games as the 30DS to help you stay engaged?
avie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:36 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by avie View Post
i haven't tried either - feel so behind the times! i might start one of those up after i'm done the 30 days.

one thing i really like about 30DS is that you're only doing the same workout for 10 days - and by day 10, i was really, really bored. do her other videos play the same kind of switch-it-up mind games as the 30DS to help you stay engaged?
I haven't tried them either actually. But I'm really excited to! I'm going to give them a go after the 30 day deal. It looks like we're on the same track!

I get bored easily too, which is why I can't stand cardio machines
Old 05-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #5  
is covered in paint

me too. before doing the 30DS, i was mindlessly doing my 30-45 mins on the eliptical/treadmill, not seeing any changes...i figured that doing these squats/lunges/exercises i otherwise despise would be a good switch up. i'm hoping it pays off! i've already lost 1" from my bust, 0.5" from my waist, and 1" from my hips in Level 1 (which i did over 14 days, and lost all inches within the first week). i i lose that much in each of the levels, i will be on cloud nine!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #6  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

Height: 5'8"

I actually just started on Saturday and again yesterday, I'm confused about whether or not it's supposed to be a daily fitness routine...
I'm currently using it every other day but if it's suggested to do it every day I'd like to know, I want to do it right.

haha and level1 was intense for me too, the no breaks thing really stresses my body.
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralitylikeart View Post
I actually just started on Saturday and again yesterday, I'm confused about whether or not it's supposed to be a daily fitness routine...
I'm currently using it every other day but if it's suggested to do it every day I'd like to know, I want to do it right.

haha and level1 was intense for me too, the no breaks thing really stresses my body.
Your're off to a great start! I believe you are technically supposed to do the workout daily. You're right, the no breaks KILL me too. I get so thirsty and have to take a quick gulp of water to survive.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:18 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by avie View Post
me too. before doing the 30DS, i was mindlessly doing my 30-45 mins on the eliptical/treadmill, not seeing any changes...i figured that doing these squats/lunges/exercises i otherwise despise would be a good switch up. i'm hoping it pays off! i've already lost 1" from my bust, 0.5" from my waist, and 1" from my hips in Level 1 (which i did over 14 days, and lost all inches within the first week). i i lose that much in each of the levels, i will be on cloud nine!
HA! So this morning I about died doing level 2. It really makes a difference being sore from the day before. I take Sundays off, so I was nice and rested on Monday. I feel like a zombie this morning!

Congrats on the inches lost, that's awesome!
Old 05-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #9  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by festivus View Post
Your're off to a great start! I believe you are technically supposed to do the workout daily. You're right, the no breaks KILL me too. I get so thirsty and have to take a quick gulp of water to survive.
haha exacly
I keep a giant glass of water and a face towel nearby

that's what I figured once I really thought about it so I did it again today and found it's not that bad doing it back to back
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/143/120

Height: 5'3

It's day 3 for me, and I decided to check out level 2 out of curiosity. Not a whole lot harder, but you can feel it more.
SillyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyGirl View Post
It's day 3 for me, and I decided to check out level 2 out of curiosity. Not a whole lot harder, but you can feel it more.
I think level 2 is more difficult because of the cardio is more intense, and so many of the moves are in the plank position.

I didn't think it was much harder yesterday, when I did it for the first time. But day 2, this morning, it kicked my butt. It took me longer to "recover" afterward.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 161/150/135

Height: 5"

Wink

I love the 30 Day Shred!! When I first started, I could totally tell the diff in my jeans after the first week. After a month of doing the shred, I was able to run on the treadmill faster and longer without getting as tired. Its been a while since Ive done it, so I think I'll go home and do it tonight!!
mzsoto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:11 PM   #13  
is covered in paint

hi everyone!!!

so, just got home from work and am toying with the idea of doing L2 D2.

i normally workout 2 days in a row, then take a rest day. i have now worked out the past 3 consecutive days, and today will be my 4th. should i go for it? i just want to crawl under the covers and watch telly!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:22 PM   #14  

What's L2 D2? I'm still not up on all the acronyms!

I work out Monday through Saturday, and I think it has helped with my endurance. It also helps make it a habit, exercising at the same time every day.

Last edited by festivus; 05-19-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:20 PM   #15  
is covered in paint

L2 D2 = level 2 day 2.

and I DID IT! i actually love working out on weekends - i feel i can really push myself, don't have to save my energy for anything bc i can always take a nap!