Old 05-18-2009, 02:56 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default Accountability/Menu/Planning 18 - 24 May

Hey ladies!

How are we all today. Me, I'm all of a sudden very tired in the evenings. I'm not sure whether it's my body telling me I'm doing too much or whether it's the time of the year and my body wanting to just hibernate. It's dark now by 5:30 pm and there's still a month to go before the shortest day, so actually seeing daylight is getting to be a challenge during the week.

Pretty ordinary sort of day today - gym, work, home. I upped the weights on another of the machines - deliberately this time - and my arms are a bit sore as a result. Work was quiet for a Monday - managed to get some time to organise a team function we're having next month. It's a bit frustrating actually - the rest of the team wait for me to step in and organise team activities because they know I can't not organise. Yes, my name is Nicole and I'm a control freak...

Tomorrow it'll be much of the same sort of thing - gym, work, home. I've got Wednesday off - my friend and I decided we wanted a day off to just have a catch up, so that's what we're doing. We're going out for lunch at a Japanese restaurant and may catch a movie as well, depending on how we feel. I'm hoping to see Defiance, but Star Trek would also be good as well. There's so many good movies around at the moment.

Lixxi, my goodness you've been busy. Don't spread yourself too thin!

MJ, men! And I bet he was able to just walk in and pick up something from the rack and go with that. Good thing we love them, isn't it?

Jab, writing things down is a fantastic idea. Your menu sounds so yummy!

Diane, that's no good about the bike! Hopefully the repairs aren't too complicated.

Beverly, Schmoodle, Rhonda and everyone else, hi!

Have fun, everyone.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Hello everyone. Back to work for me today. On the bright side of that it's easier to control my food intake at work...lol.

Sunday 5/17/09

1/2 cup Red Mill muesli w/ almond milk
1/2 of a large orange
Water

leftover baked chicken
Red cabbage w/ apples
Water

triscuits
Blueberry & pomegranate juice

Sweet potato w/ honey drizzled on it
Water

Tuna w/ Dijon mustard open face on whole grain pc of bread
banana
water

Hope everyone has a Happy Monday!!

Nicole enjoy the fall weather and resist the urge to hibernate... I get the same feeling when the season changes over.
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks!! I had a wonderful (and very busy) weekend. Lots of family was here for the celebration of my nephews party. I especially loved having my GS here. Now back to food reality!!! I am planning for a healthy day and week! My foot is improving...YAY.

Today:
work in my office
lots of water
stretches
log food
meditate
positive mental attitude

breakfast - turkey sausage, pnb toast, peach
lunch - turkey sandwich with lite mayo (open face), veggies and dip
snack - cheese toast and cherries
dinner - chicken and rice, green beans
snack - cherrios, 1/2 banana, milk

Nicolen - I know how you feel...when it gets dark at 5:30 it's just plain hard to take sometimes. It often gives me the 'blahs'. Good job on upping your weights at the gym.

Jab - great and tasty sounding plan! Have a great day.

Shout out to Rhonda, Diane, Schmoodle, Mj and anyone that stops by!! Have healthy day. Be kind to yourself.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-18-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:15 AM   #4  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! It's going to be another busy week, but a short week, so that's fine w/ me! We are leaving Friday for my friends wedding and I can't wait! It will be a little mini vacation for dh and I!! Workouts are going to be tough this week, so I am going to plan on walking during my lunch break. At least I will get something in each day.

nicolen--I know I get tired easily when it gets dark earlier, so that could certainly be it. Sounds like a great day w your friend!!! Yep...had to try on two pairs of pants and two shirts...that's it. done. UGH!!!! Oh well, at least now he has something to wear!

jab--I agree...it's easier for me to stay on plan at work too...I drink more water at work too, not sure why though...

Beverlyjoy--Sounds like a great weekend! Fantastic that your foot is improving!!!

Hi to Rhonda, Diane, Schmoodle, Lixx, and anyone else who pops in!!!

Have a great OP day everyone! Today I am going to the gym--I have some new music added to my mp3 player, so I am all set!

Tomorrow is my mani/pedi....SO can't wait for that!!! Wed is my hair appt, also can't wait for that!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. Hope you all had a good week. I had a great weigh-in today. I already put another post in about it, but I just thought I'd share with you all. I am now back to where I was in early 2008... before I put all the weight back on plus some. I feel good and bad about it for obvious reasons. But, now I have to move on. Workout was good today. I am thankful that I have my gym. I also think that talking with you all on this thread has helped me a lot. I don't really like talking to people here at work about losing weight or to my friends, so it has helped to be here.

Thanks!!!!!!

MJ: The lunchtime walks can be good too! I try to do that at least a couple of days a week.

Beverly: Glad your foot is doing better! That's a relief.

Jab: I hear you! Work does keep me on track with food.

Nicolen: Lunch and a movie sounds like fun!

Rhonda: How are you doing? Hope everything is ok!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:38 AM   #6  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hi lovelies,

I am feeling sore at the moment. Mainly because I worked really hard at the gym this morning and the backs of my legs are really reminding me of that! I'm going to go have a shower in a few minutes - hot water can't hurt.

The weather has packed in again and they're predicting snow on the hills and flurries in the city by morning. I think I might have picked the right day to have off - nothing wrong with staying in bed and having a sleep in. I was planning on going for a swim, but I'll see what the weather does.

Work is relatively quiet, so we're hoping that'll continue for a while. Things always go to custard once the winter storms hit, but the closer we are to being up to date, the easier we cope.

Jab, know what you mean about it being easier at work. I work in a call centre, so my day is very structured as to when I have breaks. At home, I'm pretty unstructured and that can lead to disaster.

Beverly, yay for your foot feeling better! How's your husband finding the new job?

MJ, good for you trying to get some exercise in.

Diane, yay for good weigh ins! Awesome stuff.

I'll talk to you all tomorrow.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:50 AM   #7  
mj5

Good Morning!

Diane--That is fantastic!!! Great job!!!

nicolen--Enjoy the calmness at work while you can!

Today is my mani/pedi and I soooooooo can't wait!!! It will be good to just go and relax!

Have a great OP day!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:08 AM   #8  

Morning everyone !!

Yesterday went pretty well food wise anyway...lol

mon 5.18/09

low fat yogurt
muesli & oatmeal cooked together
almond milk in the cereal
water

triscuits
craisins
water

veggie omelet (mushrooms, onions, broccoli, gr. Beans)
banana
water

Have a good one !!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:42 AM   #9  
the skies way bigger.

S/C/G: 66/61/50

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! I'll try and post a bit more this week, but really, my schedule is jammed to the bone. This is probably the only thread that I ever see in 3FC now, but I'm following a few chicks on twitter, and reading about their day (food, runs, gym etc) keeps me motivated to eat right.

It was an okay day for me. Ate a lot in the beginning of the day, generally feeling full now towards the end, so will probably skip dinner. I'm going to try out some 20 minute pilates video I managed to get later tonight. Will let you know if it's any good!

Jab- Veggie omelette sounds nice! I've been craving for spinach omelette for the longest time now, problem is I don't cook!

MJ- Enjoy your mani/pedi! ^__^

Nicole- Feeling sore is good! I'll trade you Singapore weather any day man.

Diane- Yeah, the only real life person I talk about weight loss to is my bf, but he's skinny as **** and doesn't really get the process that much. 3FC is much better.

Beverly- Yay for your foot! Hope it'll be all normal soon!
lixximajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

It's gorgeous out today and I have crappy crappy work work work.
DH said he'd pick up the compost on the way home from work today, so maybe we'll get out and do some gardening this evening and grill something and get to enjoy some of the day anyway.

I missed posting yesterday, but here's my menu:
B: turkey bacon, asparagus & smoked salmon quiche, coffee with milk
S: peanuts, Bloody Mary (virgin), zucchini cheesecake
L: lean grilled steak over salad with Goddess dressing, NSA fudgesicle
S: skim latte, lowfat cheddar cheese, raw cauli
D: mashed cauli, chicken breast, salad with vinaigrette
S: South Beach Peanut Butter Cup

I had a hungry day. They were all on-plan choices, but too much, I think.
Reminder to self: Snacks are optional!!!!
Today:
B: turkey bacon, asparagus & smoked salmon quiche, coffee with milk
S: peanuts, Bloody Mary (virgin)
L: Italian spaghetti squash casserole
S: skim latte, lowfat cheddar cheese
D: Asian lettuce cups
S: Ricotta creme (if necessary)

nicole, here's a salute to your hard workout!
mj, enjoy that mani/pedi. Sounds like you've got a fun weekend to look forward to. DH and I are trying to throw together a little getaway, but we'll see...
Diane, good for you for undoing that damage! That's what I'm working on right now, and it totally sucks. I can't wait to get back to losing virgin weight. You are doing great!
Beverly, glad you had another chance to enjoy your GS so soon. And that your foot is feeling better.
jab, your menus sound yummy. Nice to "meet" you by the way! and you too lixxi!
Hey Rhonda, hope your week is off to a good start.
Is cfmama still posting? I saw she was in the hospital recently. Hope you are better!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #11  
the skies way bigger.

S/C/G: 66/61/50

Height: 5'3"

Just an update on the pilates video: MY CORE HURTS LIKE MAD NOW. Okay, off to do more work. Having a meeting the photographer again tomorrow, and it looks like sleepless nights are back for the next two days, at least.
lixximajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:16 AM   #12  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. I went to the gym today and worked out on the elliptical. I used to think that was pretty easy, but I'll tell you since a trainer told me to add in going backwards, that is a really tough workout. I'm up to 25 minutes total with two 5 minute sections of going backwards. I might add more time, but I still like to get a little weight/lifting in after I'm done, so there is only so much time I have! Anyway, my legs were doing that twitching thing after I was done, so I think it was a good workout.

Lixxi - I've thought about Pilates a lot. I think it would be a really good thing to do. Good for you!

Schmoodle - Have fun with your crappy work! Lol! Crappy work and then working with compost. Big day! I like your menu, too, by the way.

Jab - Glad your food plan is working for you!

MJ - Tell us all about the mani/pedi. We need to live vicariously through you!

Nicolen - Sounds like you had a good workout! Good for you!

RHONDA - You need to post. I'm worried about you!

Beverly - Hi!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #13  
mj5

Hi everyone! I am sitting in the massage chair waiting for my pedi to start...I'd love to have one of these chairs at home!
Old 05-20-2009, 05:39 AM   #14  
mj5

Good Morning everyone! I am getting super excited about our weekend away. This is the first time is a really, really long time that we have gone somewhere that didn't involve baseball or the ils!

jab--I am getting some good ideas from your menus--thanks!

lixxi--Hi!!! Sorry things are so hectic again. Hand in there. Wow, so the pilates videos were good?! LOL!!

schmoodle--I know, it was SO hard to stay at work today! I had to leave my office for a meeting and it was SO hard to go back!!! Did you get some gardening done? Hope you can get a little getaway.

Diane--I would say that was a good workout!!!

Rhonda--come out, come out wherever you are!!! Hope everything is ok.

Beverylyjoy--Hope you foot conitnues to get better.

nicolen--How are you?

Ok, so Diane asked for details....my mani/pedi was wonderful. They were running a bit behind, so they asked if I would like to go ahead and wait in one of the massage chairs....ummm, YES! My nails are now a pretty California Raspberry color. Tonight is haircut/color. Then I'll be ready for Spring!

Unfortunately w/ work being so hectic and my appts after work, I haven't been so great about exercise. Food has been ok. Water has been really good. We are taking the dogs w/ us this weekend, so there will be lots of opportunities to get them outside to play/walk--that will be good for all of us!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 06:54 AM   #15  

Yesterday was a high stress day both at work and home. Didn't get my walk in and I need to do better about moving once I get home from work.

Just seems like after spending all day on my feet running around then coming home to do chores, help w/schoolwork I don't have much ummph left in me. I need to change that!!!

But food wise I did good, especially for a stress day...lol

tues 5/19/09

muesli w/ almond milk
low fat yogurt
water

triscuits
almonds
water

Tuna w/ Dijon mustard open face on whole grain pc of bread
Broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms
Water

2 oz Blueberry & pomegranate juice

I confess to being hungry at bedtime. But I went to bed later than normal and while I had intended to have a pc of fruit or something for a snack after dinner I just never found the time, then it was too late to eat something. I drank extra water and went to bed...lol