Old 05-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Arrow Health Focused Friends

Hello!

Here's a group for anyone, whether you are a Weight Watcher member or just thinking about joining WW, to check in, get support and encouragement while trying to become healthier, not just thinner. We want to focus on eating a wholesome diet, exercising more, and on having a positive outlook on life while losing weight. This is what Weight Watchers promotes, anyway, but sometimes it's hard to stay focused. Together, we'll make it!

So sorry I forgot to start the May thread. I got sidetracked, lol. We had fun in San Francisco, and it was really great to meet Angie and Mary Kate.

A Happy Mother's Day to you! Even if you aren't a momma, you're someone's daughter.

Last edited by Jane; 05-09-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:42 AM   #2  

Hi ladies, I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day!
short & sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:13 PM   #3  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone.

I have had the mosts frustrating time getting onto this site for the last 3 weeks. I am actually at the point of giving up. Anyway hope everyone had a great Mothers Day. It was Cody's graduation this last weekend. Had a housefull of people all weekend. Anyway I must run, Cole is sick today, so I must go and put him into bed for a little nap.

Hope to see you soon.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:41 AM   #4  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Happy Thursday everyone.

I can get on the site now that they have done the maintenance. It was very frustrating having the computer freeze up every time I logged on.

How is everyone doing? It is going ok here. Woke up to snow this morning. Suppose to snow on Saturday also...No Global Warming here.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 253/228/145

Height: 5'7"

I girls I was out of touch for what feels like forever. The weather is fantastic here. I have little veggie shoots every where. We are hot and dry and I have to get the dry weeds cut back.
I had an ultra sound on my thyroid and I have 3 small nodules now I have to get a biopsy it is taking forever.
I have been watching cook your self thin and just love it I have made a few of there dishes and they are great.
My new goal is to be under 200 by Aug. 14 th
shrinking me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Ladies,

This has been a quite place for a while. I try to check from time to time to see if anyone is here.

Ruth How are you doing? Are you taking the summer off from school? I think you told me you were doing something different but I can't remember. I had a nice quite Mother's day since all my kids are in other states, TX, AR and FL. However, I did hear from them.

Victoria Prayers coming your way and hope everything will work out all right with your thyroid.

Kathy Glad your able to log on again since the maintanence on the website. How is Cole doing?

Sue How are you feeling? Did you get your gall bladder problems taken care of? I have a friend at church who had hers removed just before Christmas holidays and she is doing great.

I'm still doing IE with a lot of different combos. Using WW 8 Healthy Guidelines, Lowcarb, lowcal whole foods. I got the Complete Beck Diet book and I'm using the Cognitive Therapy in it and I believe the therapy is going to make the difference in my success. If you buy books, I recommend that one and also either of the Anne Fletcher's books which tells of people who have successfully lost weight and maintained for years and years. We hear so often of people who lose and gain it all or almost all of it back. It is refreshing to read about people who have lost successfully and been successful at keeping it off for many years.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
pattygirl63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #7  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

Hi everyone.
Fell by the way side as of late, have been too busy to do much, but there is a surprise. Im not even going to weigh mhyself I dont want to know! But Imstil going to the gym when I can.Also bought myself a Nintendo Wii Its surprising how much fun it is
But other than that I ve just been working like crazy!
Guess I cant complain I suppose, Im one of the lucky ones with a job.
Hope everyone is keping well, and Ill try and log in more often
Jen x
jenosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:38 AM   #8  
Turtle wanna be

S/C/G: 302/240/170

Height: 5.4"

Wink Nintendo Wii

The host of our wed. night weight watchers club has a Wii. Usually we go upstairs after dinner make the guys watch the kids and we work out in her home gym. She has a tredmill, bike, bo-flex, punching bag, and an elipictal.

But last week we dragged out the Wii and did yoga. I thought it would be so way easy, the people on TV make it look like all you are doing is streching. Well let me tell you it was way hard we spent about 20 min on 3 poses and I was all sweaty. The next day thing in my body hurt in places I didn't know that I had.

I did want to get BOB's (from biggest loser) yoga for weight loss Anybody out there have it? Is it hard to follow? Do you recomend it for somebody who knows nothing about yoga?

msmeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:36 PM   #9  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

Two messages in 2 days Im doing well.
Alli is only available in Ireland well in the last month or so, and Ive been contemplating trying it, maybe it will give me the kick I need to get myself back on track, who knows. I need something.
I must check out yoga on the Wii, Im addicted to the boxing tho, and Boy does that work your arms, my arms and shoulders are sore for days afterwards.. probably because I dont rest them the next day just do the same thing again
Anyway gotta dash. Just thought Id drop in while I had some time.
Laters chicas
jenosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:46 PM   #10  
Turtle wanna be

S/C/G: 302/240/170

Height: 5.4"

Default Alli

I have heard real bad things about Alli. Even on the packaging it recomends you wear dark undergarments to cover up "leakage". If you can not eat fat in your diet you will be ok I guess.

P.S. It is hot here over 100
maybe I'll sweat some weight off
msmeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:24 PM   #11  

msmeri Glad to have you here. I'm sorry I don't know anything about yoga. I got me a dvd for beginners and at my age and weight, I couldn't do some of the positions so it is on a shelf.

Jen Hi girl it is good to hear from you. Our little group here has days were busy and days we aren't. I've thought of you. Are you still working at the theater? I too have heard some really bad stuff about Alli.

Here is a link to Suzanne's explanation of Alli here on 3fc's Does it Work form. You can read more about it there.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115217

Ruth, Sue and everybody else

Have a good one.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #12  

Default An other week

This spring is just moving along so fast. I have been able to walk more l have also worked in the yard a lot. I am not adding up activity points because I would be tempted to eat them. I went to my aunts 79th birthday party and passed on cake and Ice cream that was a first. I did not even try to find 10 things that were like cake lol. I tried so hard to avoid the cameras then while I was siting next to my much larger cousin I let them take one picture. I feel mean. I just kept telling my self I would look great the next time these people see me.
Have a great day!
Old 05-22-2009, 08:26 PM   #13  

shrinking I agree. I can't believe May is almost over. I understand how you feel about cameras. I feel the same way.
Yay!! Good job on passing up the cake and ice cream. Great accomplishment.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:08 PM   #14  

Thanks Patty Girl. Loosing weight is hard work with a lot of sacrifices. I have ben watching cook your self thin I have even cooked a few of their meals some I have even lowered the calorie count. Have a great week end!
Old 05-24-2009, 03:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi! I have been a member of this website for several months, but new to the forum. My name is Kathy, I'm married and have 3 boys, ages 13, 15, and 18. We also do foster care and have 1 foster son living with us. He is 14.

My DH and I have been doing WW for about 6 months. I have lost 20lbs. but have been consistant with it like I should have been. Recently I got back on track and last Sunday started walking. I have walked every day except one; and hope I can keep up this momentum. My goal is to lose a total of 100 lbs.

I look forward to getting to communicating with all of your.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote