South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-18-2009, 07:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Default OMG my weekend was a mess!!!

Ahhhh... I always seem to sabatog my self this way.
I finished up Phase one last week and barely started introducing some phase 2 things into my plan. Then on Friday afternoon, I ate some twizzlers!!! that just set me off down the slippery slope.
Saturday I went out with friends and had a few to many gin and tonics, then when I came home I ate my son's left over Pizza. By Sunday, my food looked nothing like the SBD plan.
Today I feel awful, bloated and mad at my self. Even while I was eating I felt this way. Why do I always do this. I know it doesn't make me feel better to eat these bad things but it seems when ever I'm on a roll, I just ruin it up for my self. What a mess.
I think I should go back to phase one. GRRRRR.......
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jennie, I sympathize with you. Life is hard and it takes sheer Will Power and lots of it to stay on plan. Unfortunately, the best thing to do at this point is to go back and start Phase 1 all over again. Look at it this way, "a fresh start for a brand new week!"

Good luck, and whatever you do, don't give up. Keep trying!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:36 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jennie, we've all done that and it's frequently been twizzlers that start the downhill roll for me. Hop back onto Phase I for a while and then ease into Phase II.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #4  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Jennie....we are all human. Don't be so hard on yourself. The best thing now is to look forward, pick yourself up, and move on down the right track. Sending willpower and hugs your way.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/174/138

Height: 5'2"

I have struggled with my weight most of my life. I have also tried many diets. I will go about 2 weeks doing really well, then that little voice in your head says go ahead eat it, you earned it! That's where the down slope starts for me... I now find that if I work hard Mon-Fri working out and eating well, I can treat myself a bit on the weekends. I also find if I plan out I meals, I USUALLY stick to the plan. Lets face it, this is life and we need to find that "center" that we can live with. It is a life change, not a diet. Do what works for you and don't be too hard on yourself...Get back on track and allow yourself some room for error.
rgourty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:32 AM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I was in the same boat this past weekend since it was my birthday. Started with an innocent (ha) meal at a Mexican place. Then came the margarita. Then came the double-shot of tequila. Then came the "Well, why SHOULDN'T we go out to the pub?" A dirty martini, key lime pie martini, cosmopolitan, and fruity blue drink only to be known as "Fred" later, the rest of my weekend was shot.

SUGAR AND WHITE FLOUR FOR ALL!!!!!

I'm also quite bloated and miserable today and successfully gained back the weight I'd lost during the week last week. I've vowed that I will not do that to myself again this weekend. Let's stay OP together!

Lisa

Last edited by weezle; 05-18-2009 at 10:32 AM.
weezle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 300.1/*ticker*/269

Height: 5'6

Well I'm right there with you! My brother came home from Texas and it has been dumb. I didn't do too bad on Saturday, but yesterday I ate a pastery, a cookie, and a piece of fried chicken WITH mashed potatoes. I felt SO miserable last night and today I am on the right track, I hope I just stay that way because I didn't like the way I felt. I feel blah right now, so let's feel blah together!
SmilesIowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:24 PM   #8  

The best thing about healthy living is you can jump right back on the wagon. It is never too late.
I had an awful weekend a couple weeks back. Tequila and popcorn undid me. It took me 10 days to lose the bloat. It happens. Don't beat yourself up.
Water25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Jennie, going back on P1 is a great idea. You only have to do it until the cravings go away--usually 3-5 days. In the meantime, the really important thing to do is examine how you got into those Twizzlers and what you can do in the future to avoid them.

Here's some to send you on your way!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey Ladies,
Thanks for all the encouragement and advise. I'm doing OK today. one day at a time right????
I know its going to be hard. I have no idea why I let my self have the twizzlers. I havn't had any kind of candy is sooooo long. I bought them as a treat for my students and shouldn't have. They don't need them either!! And I know eating treats is what got me to where I am.
Thanks again. I needed it.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:15 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennie934 View Post
I have no idea why I let my self have the twizzlers. I havn't had any kind of candy is sooooo long. I bought them as a treat for my students and shouldn't have.
Jennie, I made Whole Wheat banana bread yesterday morning for a potluck. I can totally relate to what your saying because I make goodies so often for my hubby-he eats a few slices and I eat the rest. I thought it out this time-I didn't bake in the afternoon which is my time that I get out of control. I baked the morning of the potluck, sliced one, bagged and froze the other and didn't get tempted. Once I take that first bite, I can be off on a roll.

Good job getting back on track!

Debbie
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:38 PM   #12  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

That the great thing about South Beach. You get right back on plan and things fall right back into place. After a while it gets to be a rhythm and your body will crave the South Beach stuff.
Try some new recipes from the forum here.
Jazz your food up a bit with spices.
Try a new veggie.
Try writing everything down to be accountable.
Don't weigh yourself every day.
Take weekly measurements and make a chart.
I am always finding new healthy foods on the plan.
The support here is a godsend.
Don't beat yourself up about it. You know what you need to do. Using all these things kept me so excited on SB and so encouraged I didn't want to eat that other stuff.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: SW: 207/CW: 202/GW: 177

Height: 5'4"

Must have been in the air...I was literally ILL Saturday evening from the small helping of potatoes and whole wheat toast with Breakfast (okay, not so bad) then a couple of chocolate covered almonds and then a blended strawberry lemonade and then a few handfuls of popcorn at the movie. By the time the movie came I was stuffed and the popcorn wasn't even that good. Ugh. I have to give myself some props because I got back on track Sunday and I'm just not sweating it. What's done is done and since I felt so awful and none of it (except the potatoes) where even that good...I have to realize it's just not worth it!

As long as we keep getting back on the wagon and don't fall off, roll down the hill and get stuck in the mud (as I did with my last lifestyle change)...we are good to go!!!!
losin it for good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:25 PM   #14  

Height: 5'4"

Bad weekend for me too. A really good friend I grew up with passed away and I made a chocolate pound cake that was his trademark recipe .
Then the family wanted pizza Sun pm. Tonight everyone wanted my
mushroom enchilada recipe. That one is not too unheathy...

I must get back on track..

Is anyone else like me ??either really good or really bad but no in between??
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Just get back on track as soon as you can, those slip-ups happen to us all.

If possible plan for those "struggles" with, another option for yourself, there are quite a few yummy recipes on this site.

What helped me get through my first week {a restart on SB, presently in week 2 of phase one} is reading the new SB, "Super Charged", it put me, in a new mind-set, and gave me a ton of new ideas, on how I can stay OP and not lose my focus, this time around. I also try to remember, Before, I start to eat or drink, not on plan, is to Stop, Pause, and remind myself, 1 is too many and 100 is not enough.

You can Do this, don't give up
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote