Old 01-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Smile The Thin Wannabees - New Year 2009!

Happy New Year everyone! Here is a start of a new year and hopefully the year we all reach out goals!

We are here to support, encourage and motivate you on your weight loss journey. We are a group of women of many different ages, and backgrounds. We are all on many different programs for weight loss, and we are into a healthy living lifestyle, wether it be Weight Watchers, South Beach, Dr Phil program, Weight Down, Sugar Busters, counting calories, anything else or just making healthier choices in your life, we are here for you. Please feel free to post with us, we are a great little group and will welcome you with open arms. We are here for you to talk about anything you want, not just our weight loss either, if you need to talk or even vent about anything we are all in this together to help each other through the tough times of our lives as well as the great times too.

When you post please tell us about yourself so we can get to know you and you can get to know us as well.

Let's make 2009 the year to be where we want to be!

Love, CJ
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #2  
CJ

There that's all taken care of. A brand new thread for the new year!

One of my resolutions is to come in here and post as often as I can. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Great New Year start.

I won't address individually this time as I have to leave in a few minutes but I wanted to take the time to start the new thread and to say hello.

My life right now is being pulled in two directions .. I am a happy women with my new man John - I have found my soul mate in my life! But, as you all know, I am going thru my divorce and it isn't easy going ... Hopefully all will end well with the property division and assets but no matter what happens, I have John and we are so happy with each other and we feel so blessed that we found each other so late in our lives. Our next goal is to have our divorces settled so we can get married.

I've been at a stand still with my weight loss but am ready now to get on with that too. I still go to Curves 3 times a week and walk every day Monday thru Friday. I'll never quit walking at the Plex - that is where I met my John.

I'll be back soon and I hope to hear from you all ...

Love, CJ
Old 01-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #3  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Default I'm a Newbie

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this, but wanted to introduce myself. I live in the Chicagoland area, am married to a wonderful man, and the mommy of a 13 month old, Madeline.

Weight has always been an issue with my family and me. I've been overweight almost my entire life, but am determined this year to take control. I would love to lose 100 pounds, but my ultimate goal is to be under the 200 mark by this time next year. Right now I'm at 274, and I'm positive I can reach that goal.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you. Thanks!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:31 PM   #4  
Long Lost Chickie

Default Hey! Lookit us!

Thanks, CJ!!! This new thread is just what we need, I'm thinking. I know I certainly need to get my rear back in gear. I did great until the holidays and then, well, time to get back on track now.

CJ, you sound like you're doing so great! I know the divorce part can be tough (believe me!) but I hope it's over soon and you and John can leave it all behind.

MaddiesMom, welcome! I love your positive attitude. When this group gets really rolling, it's great fun and lots of support. Hope to see you here again.

And that goes for a few other folks too! Want to see more faces here ... um ... pretty please?

Will check back soon.
Jo.
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:47 PM   #5  
Long Lost Chickie

Default Hallllloooooooooo!?!?!

So, how is everybody? WHERE is everybody!? I can't believe how quiet things are here. I must admit I'm as guilty as anyone. Keep meaning to get back in here. Actually, today it's been nuts because my internet kept crashing. Just hope I can post this before I lose my connection again.

Anyway, my weight loss efforts have been both good and bad. For example, I did OK this past weigh-in but it was just getting rid of the gain I had the week before. This week...?? Ah, who knows? But I just keep hangin' in there.

I hope all of you are as well! Stop by and post, darnit! Or I'll be here talking to myself.

And that's just weird.
Jo.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:12 PM   #6  

Hello? Anyone here?

I'm stopping by to say hello. I know I haven't been on here for a long time and I really don't have an excuse.

For those that remember me, I'm still a stay at home mom but my Nico is now 5 and in kindergarten. I'm still married to my husband. I've been struggling with my weight again after gaining back the 36 pounds I lost on WW 3 years ago. I'm really disappointed with myself but I need to move on and get back on that wagon. My current goal is to do a marathon in one year. I know I'm crazy and I may change my mind but at the moment, that's what I'm working for. I did the Nike Women's Marathon (I walked the half) in October and think I can get myself ready to do a full one in a year.

So, that's where I'm at right now.

I really hope you guys are still here. I was part of this group before I got married (my 10 wedding anniversary is in October) and you were there for me in some really rough and happy moments of my life. For that, I am eternally grateful.

Yes, I will be on here more.

Take Care,

Sylvia
aivlys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #7  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Anyone still out here!

Hi everyone,
Thought I would pull this thread up so we can find it again, for those who want to post.

I see that CJ, Jo and Sylvia have posted and I have been away as well, but we can't let this thread go away. So I too have been guilty of not posting as well, just let it get away from me with my day to day living, but I am back now and hope that you all come back, everyone besides the ones that posted too. Anyone can post with us, this is a really great group and I hope we get lots and lots of newbies too.

Speaking of newbies:

Welcome to Maddiesmom We are so happy that you posted with this wonderful group and please please post again so we can get to know you better and we can help each other out with our weight loss goals. Your little girl is cute just like her name. I have 4 grown kids and am blessed to have 2 wonderful Grandsons by my 2 daughters, Tyler is 23 months old and Brandon is 17 months old now and I just love them so much, they are wonderful little boys and I just love to spend time with them so much. Your determination that you seem have will take you a long way with your program and I can't wait to get to know you too. I like your name Maddiesmom, what is your real name? My name is Sharon and I am glad to meet you. Now if we have the others come back we will have an even better group. But I will try to come back and we can help each other as I too have fallen off the wagon and need help to get back to where I used to be.

Jo-I don't want you to be talking to yourself so I am back and we can talk to each other and hopefully we will have more even more Wannabee's to talk to soon. Keep hanging in there with your program, I too have done so bad, the holidays really killed me so much. I am just tired of carrying around this darn extra weight. So thanks for posting when you did and I will try too not to let everyone-including myself-down.

CJ-Hey there girl, so glad you have been trying to post again. I am so glad you are doing great with John. I miss you and we need to connect soon and catch up on things. Glad you are still going to Curves and walking too, I am trying to get back to Curves as well, but am having so much trouble trying to find the time, just finishing a few months of doing testing in the school and going all the time, but now need to take the time for me just like you have been doing.

Sylvia-I am very happy to hear from you again and have missed you too. Please don't feel bad about your weight gain, I too have gained almost all I had lost on Weight Watchers, a lot of it from November and having a bad problem getting back on track with my food intake, exercise program and water too. I used to be soooo good about everything and I really do know what I have been doing wrong so that is the 1st step I guess to getting back again. Yes we were all there for each other and we just can't let this group fold. Gosh it seems unbelievable that you have been married 10 years now and how is little Nico doing? From the last I saw when I saw his picture and he was modeling he was getting so big and cute, wow you are going to have to beat the girls off with a stick if he gets any cuter.

Ok guys, it seems like we may all need help now. I for one would so appreciate any help my way to get me back on track. I just don't know what is going on with me, there are days I just don't even care and that is sooo wrong. To top it off I haven't even got the weight I gained off and on Friday Ken and I are going to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, Savannah, Georgia and Charlotte, North Carolina for a vacation and I had to go out, spend the money and buy all new clothes cause NOTHING seems to fit me anymore and I don't want to wear tight clothes and be uncomfortable. Darn it all, I really wanted to get on the stick after the new days and things happened, stress took over and now I am paying the price. So all I can do it hang in there, try to watch it and when we get back focus 1000 % on getting back to what I used to be doing. Anyone else have this problem? Besides Sylvia? I guess we are all responsible for our own actions arn't we? That is why I need you guys back in here and anyone else, new or old, please join our group-WE NEED YOU IN HERE!

Love you all, Sassy Sharon
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:01 PM   #8  
CJ

Gosh .. I'm so sorry for not posting in here after I started the new thread. I've just been so busy and haven't taken the time to sit down and be on the computer like I used to. John and I are doing great - terrific! My mediation for my divorce went fairly well .. just now waiting for my court date so the judge can say I'm divorced! I'm still going to Curves 3 times a week and walking at the Sports Plex 5 times a week .. we will probably walk even more when the nicer weather gets here cuz we walk outside then. My weight is moving s l o w l y too but what I have lost has managed to stay off so I am thankful for that.

Slyvia: So good to hear from you! I've missed you too girl. I hope you will come in and post with us often .. don't fret about that weight you gained back ... just get back on the wagon and keep on keep on. Congrats on your ten years with hubby ... I would have had 26 years last week, but life changes and I chose to move on. I know this will be my "last stop" as I have found my soul mate, my true love of my life!

Sharon: I miss you so much, miss talking with you! I know we are both so busy with our lives, but we do need to connect soon. I want you and Ken to meet my John and for John to meet you guys. I've talked about you so much to him. Hey girl ... you'll get back on track with your weight and stuff .. I know you will. We can all help each other , right? Hope to talk to you soon. Love you!

Jello: Sorry you've had to talk to yourself in here ... lol. I will be here more often now I hope. I just have to take the time to post ... I think of you guys all the time .. too bad you can't ready minds, eh?

OK ... got to go. Little People is on ... I'll be back soon to post again. Love you guys!

CJ
Old 05-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #9  
CJ

Oh my where is everyone??? I just thought I would peek in and say hello ... been really busy lately ... John and I are moving into a new home this weekend. Things are going good with both our divorces and hopefully we will be able to be married by June or July.

Still keeping up with Curves and walking ... just hit the 2,000 miles at the SportsPlex!

I will check back in soon to see if anyone has posted. I sure hope so!

Come on girls - POST!!!

Love, CJ
Old 05-17-2009, 11:38 PM   #10  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hey CJ,
I am here, glad you posted. Wow you are moving into a new place and getting married this summer too? How wonderful that must feel. I am so happy for you, it sounds like you are so happy. Also congratulations on the 2000 miles you walked at the Sports Plex too. Did you know that John had wrote me on my Facebook? It was great hearing from him, he is a nice guy, but I know I don't to have to sell you on that fact do I?

Thanks CJ for the motivating words, I am somewhat better on my WW program and I am really trying. Not that there arn't times I falter a bit, but I jump right back on the bandwagon and just take things one day at a time and that seems to work for me.

OK guys, join us and post with us. We miss everyone and hope to hear from more oldies and newbies as well.

Take care everybody and talk to you guys soon. Sassy Sharon
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:23 AM   #11  
Long Lost Chickie

Default Aloha!

Halloooooo!!! I'm back from sunny Hawaii. No, I didn't get anywhere near the weight-loss goals I set for myself but I had a great time anyway. I've been back since Monday and am still jet-lagged and trying to catch up with myself, if you know what I mean.

I went back to my WW meeting on Tuesday night after having slacked off for something like 6 weeks before and during my vacation. I was up almost 7 lbs! But it actually felt good to go in and face the music and regroup. Coincidentally, the topic of the meeting was "the last straw", that is, what made you finally come to WW. For me, the "latest last straw" was being on the beach and seeing all the thin chickies in their bathing suits and all. I decided that I want to be a skinny chickie in a bathing suit too! Then maybe next time I go somewhere tropical and "beachy", I can actually walk down the beach into the water and not be embarrassed.

Annnnnyway, now I'm back to reality and back on track with WW. As I said, it was great to be back with my "friends" in my WW meeting again and meet some new folks too. Hopefully, I can undo the damage and be on my way once again.

Hope to see/hear from you guys too. I've found a couple of you on Facebook so we can keep in touch more, I hope.

Be talkin' at ya!
Jo.

Last edited by Jello; 05-29-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:16 PM   #12  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

GOod to see that a few of the Thin Club is still around. *waves* It's been forever... I tend to hang out in 100 lb club when I'm on 3fc.

Hard to believe that Gem just turned 8. *shakes her head* And I'm still just a bit under 300 lbs. Recently diagnosed wiht pre-diabetes, though, so I had a major Ah-ha moment. You might just see me around more.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:38 AM   #13  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

This has been a crazy week. Still fighting the end of sinusitis... if I move too fast or do too much I end up with a wracking cough. But at least I can sleep through the night now, which is more than I could say a few days ago.

I've been keeping my food intake pretty consistent this week. Had a lovely salmon and veggies from the by-the-ounce food bar on Friday... and then came home to husband making mahi mahi for dinner. I didn't have the heart to tell him I wasn't interested in fish again. It was very tasty though.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:36 PM   #14  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

Had a great NSV on Sunday... went hiking with DH and DD8. Hiked for a good hour. Yes, it was an easy trail, part-way paved, but I was still glad to have my sturdy hiking books and walking stick for the natural trail part. It was SO nice to have an afternoon out of the house, when it wasn't too cold or rainy. What a glorious feeling!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #15  
Long Lost Chickie

Default Hallllooooo!!!!

Just thought I'd pop in and say howdy. I stumbled a bit last week but was able to regroup and get my act together for my WI this week. I'm still hanging in there and working on this slowly and (sometimes) surely.

I keep meaning to come in here more often but never seem to get here. One of these days, I'll get my act together in that regard. Meanwhile, life goes on. This weekend, for example, will include painting and furniture-moving. Oh, I know how to have fun!

Gotta run. I'm supposed to be working so that I can pay for all this fun I'm having. Will check back soon, I hope.

Jo.