South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-15-2009, 03:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168

Height: 5'5

Question new to sb

Hello!!! been on the diet for 2 weeks and I have not lost one pound--Help I ate alot of beef__does that matter and also I had a sugar free fudgsicle and the lemon ricotta every day. I figured the lemon ricotta was my cheese portion so it was okay but maybe it isnt? any ideas I just will be restarting Phase one on Monday and will start fresh
ellenwol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/133/115

Height: 5'0"

First of all... have you been drinking lots of water? If not, make sure you do. You cant dispose of weight without drinking water because it needs to have a way to escape. Also, there must be some hidden sugars. Check your dressings, your drinks, etc... Maybe also some hidden carbohydrates? Also, check the portion of your ricotta desert. I would try not to have the sweet stuff every day. Try to brainwash yourself into not "needing" something sweet every day. Also, check your sodium. Are you drinking a lot of diet soda?? Soda is loaded with sodium. You may be retaining water.
moncheree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, ellenwol! I'm sure it's very discouraging to be following this plan for 3 weeks and not see a loss. Have you noticed any difference in the way your clothes fit? There must be something hiding in your food that is causing you not to lose weight. Have you read the book and are following the Phase 1 foods list carefully? Maybe it would help if you could give us several examples of what you've been eating in a day's time so we could help you discover what's causing your problem, and get it all sorted out for you. Good luck!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:02 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Jot down a few of your daily menus, including estimated portion sizes, so we can get an idea of what you are eating. I agree, you must be eating something with hidden sugars or tons of sodium.

Last edited by murphmitch; 05-15-2009 at 09:02 PM.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Did you by any chance start exercising at the same time??
I have found that when I am sore and starting to exercise I
put on "temporary" pounds that must have to do with
muscle inflammation . When that resolves I see great results..

I agree drink lots of water.

What salad dressing are you using??
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote