General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-13-2009, 11:23 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Summer Movies

My favorite movie season - all the fun movies come out! A lot of big blockbusters are on the way - Transformers and HP Oooh, and The Proposal!

What are you all looking forward to this summer?
blueberry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:53 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I haven't seen anything I would want to pay to see at the theater in quite sometime. Hoping something comes out soon!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Saw Wolverine, it was very good but not incredible, could have saved that money lol.

Definitely going to see Star Trek, Transformers, and possibly the new Terminator movie.

I rarely see comedies in the theater (the big screen is great for explosions and car chases, but doesn't do much for comedy) but I might make an exception for The Hangover. That looks HILARIOUS! I LOVE Zach Galifianakis (yup, I had to look up how to spell that, lol).
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #4  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Wink :)

Saw Wolverine and The Soloist. Other than that, I am waiting to hear about some 'great movie' or 'you HAVE to see THIS ONE' from friends. No luck lately.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 7''

transformers cos im a big kid hehe
Stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #6  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Lots of good movies out. Just saw Wolverine and Star Trek, and still have Angels & Demons, Terminator, Harry Potter and Transformers to look forward to.

Last edited by Lissus; 05-15-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:56 AM   #7  
Fit To Be Bride

S/C/G: 230.0/214.9/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissus View Post
Lots of good movies out. Just saw Wolverine and Star Trek, and still have Angels & Demons, Terminator, Harry Potter and Transformers to look forward to.
Saw the same movies and have the same on my "To See" list. Loved Star Trek. Wolverine was good, but not great. Most looking forward to Harry Potter (which is sad because I'm 30).
EarthWhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #8  
Awesome

S/C/G: 250.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

I saw Star Trek and it was great!! I have always been a Trekkie so I am biased.. but my husband hates Star Trek the show, and he loved it too! So, it must be good!
janellody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayness View Post
Saw Wolverine, it was very good but not incredible, could have saved that money lol.

Definitely going to see Star Trek, Transformers, and possibly the new Terminator movie.

I rarely see comedies in the theater (the big screen is great for explosions and car chases, but doesn't do much for comedy) but I might make an exception for The Hangover. That looks HILARIOUS! I LOVE Zach Galifianakis (yup, I had to look up how to spell that, lol).
Yes, the big screen IS for explosions and car chases galore (hence why I am totally looking fwd to Transformers and Terminator: Salvation) but I'll see comedies in theaters if the cast appeals to me - hence, why I'm looking forward to the Proposal. To me, you can't go wrong w/ Sandra Bullock, Ryan Reynolds and Betty White...as is demonstrated in this clip. lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanheltangia View Post
Saw Wolverine and The Soloist. Other than that, I am waiting to hear about some 'great movie' or 'you HAVE to see THIS ONE' from friends. No luck lately.
How was The Soloist? The summer movie season is young yet, there are still 3 more months for you to hear about THAT movie you have to go see!
Old 05-22-2009, 09:36 PM   #10  

I want to see the new Night at the Museum movie. I like the first one, so hopefully the sequel will be good..
biosci02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #11  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I'm excited for GI Joe, Transformers, Harry Potter, My Sister's Keeper (I cant remember when that comes out, lol. But I really wanna see it), Land of the Lost, Year One (not sure when that comes out either..but it looks super funny), Funny People. Umm...I cant think of anything else.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:39 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellody View Post
I saw Star Trek and it was great!! I have always been a Trekkie so I am biased.. but my husband hates Star Trek the show, and he loved it too! So, it must be good!
I finally saw Star Trek and it was amazing! I loved it...I'm not a Trekkie, really, but I was definitely blown away. The casting was excellent as well. Good way to start off the summer movie season, I think

I also saw The Proposal at an early screening and thought it was hilarious! Sandra Bullock doing comedy is always nice to see - she's so goofy and is great about laughing at herself. I love Ryan Reynolds more, though and Betty White totally stole the show. So far, 2 for 2 on my summer movie watching!
Old 05-29-2009, 03:01 PM   #13  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

We will be going to see "Up". It looks really good and is getting good reviews.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:55 PM   #14  
Macros!!

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'0"

Can't wait for Harry Potter!!!!!
ArmyAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:03 PM   #15  
ugggg.....

Is the Proposal the one with Sandra Bullock & Ryan Reynolds?? If so that's one my daughter and I may have to get a babysitter for the boy and go see...
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote