Old 05-15-2009, 10:40 AM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default Good news and bad news ~ which will prevail?

Good news:
I had my bp done today and it's 120/80!!!! OK, that's with meds but it was 211/191 when first detected and has been much higher, even on the meds, so the weightloss is helping.
I had my bloods taken too for Us and Es (planned) and fats and cholesterol (offered by nurse) by a nurse who appeared to take me seriously!
Bad news:
I drove there - drawing my blood is a bit of a struggle, and I didn't want to have to walk 15 mins uphill home - after much driving round I found a bay to park in. On my return 20 mins later I had a parking ticket, my first ever. meh.
Asked the guy who'd given it me where the sign was and he agreed it wasn't visible, and I should appeal but he couldn't unwrite what he'd written. Sigh.
I've paid it online (cos it's £35 now but £70 if you go over 14 days) but I will be appealing. Not holding my breath, however.

Good news:
Went to the newly discovered shopping centre and found a Bonmarche with 100s of things that would fit, so have come home to plan out Spain wardrobe! Did buy one £5 in the sale top.
Went to Tesco and bought a really bright smocky thing, it's meant to be a bikini popover (yea right) but over black trousers and a silky black strappy top, it is going to look FAB at the opera. and and and and and with it being such a big, floppy thing, I've bought it in Medium!!!! I know it's a sneaky medium but even so.....
Bad news:
I'm really having to concentrate on not spending too much. Last time I lost a lot, I went a bit mad, and hit serious financial meltdown in early 2006 (the big B. but don't tell anyone. and it was mostly the result of bad financial advice from professionals but buying new dinky bras didn't help). I can feel myself now that my eating is controlled my splurging personality is trying to burst through my wallet.

Good news:
When I got home my gynae appointment had arrived, for next Wednesday.
Bad news:
It's quick, because my symptoms (return of TOM after 2 years absence, had previously been missing presumed menopause) trigger a quick response, and I'm grateful - but scared too. Fancy losing all this weight to die of some hideous female condition.....

Good news:
When I got home my new trousers had arrived.
Bad news:
They're not what I thought they were. I've yet to try them on but think they will be cursed with droop-gusset.

Bad news:
I fell into a plate of hot roast ham when I got in.
Good news:
I seem to have some sort of internal governor (finally!) like the things that stop vans going too fast on the motorway, so my splurge meal had - weight for it - 450 calories in it!

So is it a good news day or a bad news day?

The jury's still out.....
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Sounds to me like the good news outweighs the bad!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:31 AM   #3  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Good day, because all the bad news really IS good news:

You paid your ticket on time and will appeal it! And it sounds like you have a good chance of success!!!

You are aware of your spending habits and are addressing them!!!

Your splurge was controlled and you are aware of what you are putting into your body!!!

So, I think this is a GREAT day for you, all the way around!!!

Kira

TOM is back, which may be a sign that your hormones are back in balance due to weight loss!
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

ALWAYS look for the good in everything!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #5  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Sounds like a pretty good day to me smart lady!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:15 AM   #6  
Happy Camper

S/C/G: 274/264/220 then re-eval

Height: 6'2"

That sounds like a good news day to me!!
You know --- i think that us tubbies, once we control the eating that old monster might come out in other ways (compulsive exercise, over spending)... maybe it's time to set up a GOOD loss/reward system.
Say that after you reach 100000 steps (if you track that) you can spend $10 on a sale top or maybe a cute pair of cheap, fun sandals. So, you will also learn to curb spending.
Keep it up... a MEDIUM... sigh... so fantastic!!
barefootnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

Your post was delightful! Not the bad things that happened but the way you explained it! It seem to me that you had a good day!!
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:38 PM   #8  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Seems like a LOT of good news to me!

As far as TOM coming back... I didn't have a period for approx. 8 years and was told I was perimenopausal. A couple of these years were due to a birth control I was on, but the others I am pretty sure were simply due to being overweight. Since losing weight my periods have been more regular than at any time since I started at 11 years old. You may have another reason for the return of TOM, but in my experience weight loss certainly makes a difference. Good luck with the results of the pap smear.
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:06 AM   #9  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Thanks, Zelma, that's a help, and I'll definitely mention weightloss to the doctor.
Until recently, I hadn't realized that overweightness could affect one's cycle, or at least I hadn't thought that the weight I was could have affected it (I know it was high but I've met higher), neither that the amount I've lost (only 37lbs since Flo left me) could make that much difference. Interesting.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:15 AM   #10  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

I seem to have some sort of internal governor (finally!) like the things that stop vans going too fast on the motorway, so my splurge meal had - weight for it - 450 calories in it!

This has started happening to me too. I start to get full, and then, all of a sudden, I hit a wall. I can not eat another bite. It's astonishing. And leads me to believe that maintaining may be doable.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote