Old 05-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #1  
Michelle

S/C/G: 237/194/125

Height: 5'3"

Question Anyone Love Tea?

Greetings,

Was wondering if any of ya'll were tea drinkers. I grew up with hot tea, my dad is British and got my mom into drinking tea in the mornings and evenings... they do it together, and it's like a time for them to socialize.

That's not really the case for me, but I love drinking tea, both iced and hot. My favorite type of tea is green tea, with spearmint and lemongrass. (And with my brand of choice, it is made in both iced and hot versions... so good!)

Any of you share this same pleasure?

M
miss shelly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 293/248/150

Height: 5'8"

I do!! I almost never drink coffee, maybe a couple times a year, if I'm hanging out with someone who wants to go to a coffee shop, I'll go and get an iced mocha or something. Just about every morning, though, I drink tea.
I've never cared for hot beverages, for whatever reason, so I stick to iced tea.
Lachelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #3  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I LOVE tea. I was never a coffee person (until McDonald's came out with evil hazelnut iced coffee) but love love love tea. My fave is black tea, with lemon, no sugar.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2

Before I started watching my sugar, I couldn't stand tea unless it was sweetened and served over ice..classic southern sweet tea. Now I have developed a strong appreciation for hot tea with a touch of honey and unsweetened iced tea. Especially jasmine tea and this wonderful Assam tea that I found at world market. Yum!
digitalrequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:58 AM   #5  
Michelle

Yup, I have never been much of a coffee person either. Don't like the taste of it, plus the excessive caffeine content does pretty weird things to me.

Never tried Jasmine or Assam tea, but have heard of them and they sound very good. And generally speaking, I don't like too much in my tea... I'd rather find something palatable as opposed to drowning out something I don't like with a lot of empty calories. Though I have to say, the idea of a little honey in my tea does sound very good.

Do any of you have Teavanas nearby? It's like this shop where you can buy unbagged tea in little tins... they have about 100 different types and stuff you can sample there. I went in one once when I was with my parents in St Louis, and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I can't wait til I move there... I will definitely make it a point to be there often. lol.

Michelle
Old 05-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #6  
sugar is the devil

MMM, I found the brand Mighty Leaf, and they have a flavor called Tropical Green Tea. It is LOVE!
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I love iced black tea without sugar, coconut tea with REAL coconut, peppermint tea, pitta tea, and jasmine green tea.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #8  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

We have a Teavana around here. Its good, but so expensive.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:32 AM   #9  
Michelle

Mama- Coconut tea sounds amazing! I'll have to look for that.

Stella- Yup, that's the downside of Teavana. I went there looking for something for a friend, and they tried to sell me the entire store before I left. But maybe if I go there and already have a mug and the equipment to make unbagged tea, they won't try to sell me that also. lol.

Sweet- I have never heard of Mighty Leaf, but I like the idea of tropical green tea. I may have to look for that the next time I run out of tea.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:38 AM   #10  
I will do this.

I am a tea lover too! I usually always end up getting a box of tea once a week at whole foods! I love it
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote