Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208.6/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Default EA Sports Active for Wii

Is anyone else getting this program? I have preordered it and am so excited to get going. I've been working out sometimes with a trainer now for a few months but need more structure at more time at home. Anyone have any thoughts on this product?
Hlthgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

I am but I don't have a wii fit so I hope that I still get some good use out of it. It says compatable not required. :P
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #3  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

i was looking at a ad for it, but not completely sure what its about
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #4  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

http://www.easportsactive.com/home.a...e-wii_Homepage

Looks like fun. I did see Allyson Sweeny on Ellen and she loves it. Not cheap but might be worth it....will wait though since I start boot camp soon, might not need it.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #5  

I was doing a boot camp (might join one starting in a week to get a bit more of a boost). I have most recently been working out with a trainer but realize I can't afford that forever. I need something I can do at home. I found the price of the EA Sports Active to be not too bad. It was $69.99 (I'm in Canada). I do have a Wii fit but I know you can use it without it as well. In fact I might not even bother using the board with it. Compared to what I have been spending on a trainer I thought it was a steal I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Next Tuesday can't come quick enough!
Old 05-20-2009, 03:37 AM   #6  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I had this posted in a different thread, so here's my review again Hope it helps

Well, I just finished my workout on the EA Active.

Here's my review

First.. the "extra" equipment that comes with it.
The band feels pretty flimsy, but the handles are removable, so I may use my own exercise bands with it.
The strap that holds the nunchuk seems like a pretty ingenious idea, but with all the moving around (especially the running) I had the stupid thing fall down my leg probably 5-6 times during the work out, finally ended up ripping the thing off and holding the 'chuck in my hand to finish my laps.
When I tightened it enough to keep it in place I almost felt like I was cutting off circulation a bit. Just not very comfortable. I'll have to play around with it a bit and see if maybe I just didn't have it in the right spot.

Now, onto the good stuff.

I did like the workout. It's definitely not as much fun as the WiiFit. There's no cutesy little voice "ohhhh"ing at you, or fun little games that I've found. This is pretty cut and dried try to repilcatate a personal trainer in your house approach.

I like the menu's. Lot's of options for setting your own goals, programming your own personal workouts (for solo or with a partner), changing music styles, and adding additional exercise (including housework).

A few of the exercises didn't seem to mimic my movements as well as others, but as it was my first time trying it I'm not going to blame it entirely on the software until I've given it a few go's.

My favorite again... the boxing. I'm debating between My Fitnesss Coach and the Gold's Gym for my next purchase. I may have to rent them both first though. I'd like more boxing, but also more yoga since I didn't see anything of that variety in the menus for EA sports active.

Oh well, that's a decision for a different day. I'm off to the showers

Last edited by Lissus; 05-20-2009 at 03:37 AM. Reason: typo
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissus View Post
I had this posted in a different thread, so here's my review again Hope it helps

My favorite again... the boxing. I'm debating between My Fitnesss Coach and the Gold's Gym for my next purchase. I may have to rent them both first though. I'd like more boxing, but also more yoga since I didn't see anything of that variety in the menus for EA sports active.

I really recommend Gold's Gym!! It is a killer workout! My Fitness Coach is good for the yoga & what not, but if you want a killer workout that will have you sweating, I'd get Gold's Gym.
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:05 AM   #8  
video game junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigoskyy View Post
I really recommend Gold's Gym!! It is a killer workout! My Fitness Coach is good for the yoga & what not, but if you want a killer workout that will have you sweating, I'd get Gold's Gym.
I'll probably get Gold's Gym then, since I do have a bunch of yoga/pilates/bellydance videos that I need to break back out when I can't get my Wii time in (roomates are starting to get into the WiiFit too now. LOL)

Ohhhh, can you fight two player in Gold's Gym?

Last edited by Lissus; 05-22-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

I preordered the EA Sports Active too but it hasn't arrived yet. I would love to hear more reviews and will post mine when it comes.
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:30 PM   #10  
video game junkie

I'm working the 30 day program on EA Sports Active, though I took today off for TOM reasons and just did some yoga stretches instead. Will definitely be posting on new activites as I open them up.

Also.. Got the leg band to stay put yesterday without a problem. I definitely was wearing it too low.

Anyone on day 4 already? Wondering what's in store for me tomorrow.

Now.. anyone got a spare Midol?

Last edited by Lissus; 05-22-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:17 AM   #11  

The first time I used it I had problems iwth the leg strap. I moved it up quite high on my thigh and haven't had any issues with it since then. And I do strap it on tightly.

My workout started with a walk/ run which really did get me warmed up. then I was doing upper body exericses. While doing them I was thinking "Oh no, more money wasted. This is not working. It feels too easy then the lower body exercises started and I felt the burn!

The only real complaint I have is that the resistance band is flimsy but as previously mentioned I'll just use a stronger band that I already have. I had trouble getting the remote to pick up when I had lowered my arms back to the sides in one exercise but come to find out it was my fault since I wasn't pointing the remote down to signal I was done that movement. It pays to watch the videos for each exercise I guess

What I do like...it's a real workout. I have Wii Fit and I like it but my complaint has always been doing an exercise and stopped to select another. I will still use the Wii Fit for yoga and balance games (which i love) but as far as my main workouts...EA Sports Active wil be it. I also like that it tells you if yopu are not squatting far enough or holding a movement long enough.

I have only been doing random workouts so far to try it out but will be starting my 30 day challenge tomorrow. I was going to sign up for another boot camp at the gym but I dont' think I have to now.

Oh another thing that was fun to do was the workout with a friend feature. My husband and I and my sister-in-law and I tried it and it's so much fun with someone else.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:54 AM   #12  
video game junkie

Just in case anyone's interested, vertigoskyy posted a video game challenge in another thread in case anyone wants in

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172469

Last edited by Lissus; 05-25-2009 at 12:56 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:47 AM   #13  

Just what I was looking for. Thanks for posting that Lissus.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

I am doing the 30 day challenge. I liked the fact that it moved my off day when I was too tired from yard work to complete the exercises.

I also had issue with the leg band - I had it too high and would have to sit on the floor for my squats! I hurt all over as well.

I took a tumble off my bike yesterday but will push on and do the challenge later after some tylenol. I need to get back some of my coordination!
Momofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #15  
video game junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlthgrl View Post
Just what I was looking for. Thanks for posting that Lissus.
You're very welcome