Old 05-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #1  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Default Both Teams, Returning Teammates & Newbie Chat

Here's the thread for the chat until the next set of teams are announced.

I want to extend a welcome to all of our new signups, and a thanks to all of those who are sticking with us for another challenge.

I've got to go rescue dinner from the oven, but why don't we start off with a little QOTD? That's "Question of the Day", if you're new to this....

QOTD: Name an article of clothing that you will never wear again when you reach your goal weight?

My answer: Anything beige. Who needs to blend into the walls?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

My first answer is anything in my current size. LOL

OK, this is hard for me because I HATE buying any type of clothing at all, hence, I have a very small wardrobe... and all I own are articles of clothing that fit me.
I'll put it this way....I want to be able to go into a store, say "hey! that's cute!" and be able to find my size.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone! I am so glad we're going to do an interim challenge. I've made great progress this time, and I can't wait to get even closer to goal over the summer.

I'm Marianne, turning 24 on Saturday, working, volunteering, going to school, and planning my wedding for October. In other words - I'm busy! I'm working on making the gym part of my busy routine, and I'm following Weight Watchers Online.

QOTD: Name an article of clothing that you will never wear again when you reach your goal weight?

Honestly, I love my wardrobe now. I have worked really hard over the last 2-3 years to only buy clothes that look great on me as I am now... so my wardrobe has been plenty flattering even when I was at my HW. It's only going to get better from here!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:16 PM   #4  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Ack, well I need to update everything. I still love wearing men's t-shirts but have noticed that they aren't so great looking when you are smaller. Once I get my arms toned up, I'm getting out of wearing men's shirts, even if I'm now wearing size medium!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:18 PM   #5  
Believe it, be it

Oh, and I took this past weekend and ate like 2,000 calories a day (yeah, scary) and now I'm eating 1350-1400 cal/day and have revved up my workout intensity in hopes of getting into the 130s! May take a couple weeks to get things really going, but I won't give up!
Old 05-12-2009, 06:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

I'm like Marianne - I pretty much love the clothes in my wardrobe now, would just prefer them to be in a smaller size LOL! Until recently, I had hung on to a big black cardigan which i used to hide myself away in - it was almost like a comfort blanket. i decided to give it to the local charity shop. My wardrobe used to consist of black, black and more black - it's now full of bright and colourful clothes. That's been a big change for me!

Hope you are all well ladies - looking forward to Summer Camp! x
Old 05-12-2009, 08:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

QOTD: Name and article of clothing that you will never wear again when you reach your goal weight.

I will never again wear clothes that don't fit. Everything will fit beautifully, even if I have to find myself a tailor/seamstress to alter things for me.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 05-12-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:11 AM   #8  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!!!

I'm back in MB and happy to have internet again.

Spent Saturday and Sunday with my two sisters and I have to tell you I got a scary wake-up call of where I could be in less than six years if I choose to return to a sedentary lifestyle and overeating. My oldest sister is in bad shape and unfortunately is in denial. I do think/hope it was a wake up call for my middle sister.

I've had a very nice trip but I'm ready to be home; I miss Mack and the pups terribly. I also need to get back to my workout routine. I've continued to see the scales move slowly but I really want and need to be on the treadmill. Other than running around after Noah and some leisurely walks I have had NO exercise in over two weeks.

I'm excited to be involved in another BL challenge and would be more than willing to post stats for the Red Team. This challenge had been a huge help in keeping me motivated and I've really enjoyed getting to know members from both teams.

I have to agree with MC about clothes I'll never wear. Nothing in my wardrobe ever fit; everything was either tight and left me sporting muffin top and rolls or huge and and looking frumpy.

Well need to go catch up on my other boards and run our final numbers. I'll be back later.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Sweaters that I purchase to hide my arms and belly.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:10 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerChic View Post
Ack, well I need to update everything. I still love wearing men's t-shirts but have noticed that they aren't so great looking when you are smaller. Once I get my arms toned up, I'm getting out of wearing men's shirts, even if I'm now wearing size medium!
Congrats on being the Biggest Loser!

I'm thinking you need a new avatar picture too. Haven't you had that one since the start of the last challenge? That was 19% ago, you need to update!

I'm in a medium too and it's still freaky to me. I automatically reach for the XL, and have to stop myself and grab a M and L instead. Somethings I still like a L, but I'm regularlly a Medium now. It's a mental adjustment a girl who still wears a DD to wear such a small size tops. I have noticed that my choice in clothing has gotten much snugger the smaller I get. Not too small so it looks like I'm in the wrong size, but definitely more form-fitting.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:29 PM   #11  
Brown eyed girl

S/C/G: 245.6/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3

I will never again wear those wraps that go around the arms to hide my arm fat when i wear dresses!
Old 05-12-2009, 05:40 PM   #12  

I need to rant for a minute.

I just got back from the Doctor. My chronic sinus problems are annoying me (and my co-workers). The chronic coughing is driving us all batty. My Dr. is making me take a therapy and drug cocktail of: netti pot everyday, nasonex spray everyday, mucinex twice a day, claritin-D once a day, and...prednisone twice a day.

Prednisone = massive weight gain.

I talked her down to only using it for 5 days, then we'll see. Hopefully the gain won't be too bad. I worked too hard for those 48 pounds to go away, I don't want them back.

And...I'm not allowed to run outside for a couple of months. Indoors only exercise. Dust mask when mowing the yard...or hire someone to do it. (yeah right) That's going to be an odd tan line. Shoot, I forgot to ask about sun with the prednisone. I'd hate to end up sunburnt because of a drug reaction like my mom did once.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Congratulations to RangerChic for being the Biggest Loser (that's meant in the nicest possible way!) and to all members of the Red and Blue teams for your efforts. I think we all deserve a pat on the back for sticking with the Challenge for 18 weeks!

I would like to thank Cindy (CruiseCat) for stepping up to the plate and providing the Red Team with leadership and direction when we lost Cakses. You rock, lady!

I'm sure the Blue Team would also like to thank Dixied for leading them so well through the Challenge. You've done a grand job!

It's been great being a member of the Red team and it has also been lovely to get to know the Blue ladies over the last few weeks.

Here's to a new Challenge and continued support and friendship (oh, and of course WEIGHT LOSS!)

Last edited by MissVitality; 05-12-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #14  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

QOTD: Name and article of clothing that you will never wear again when you reach your goal weight

Really but shirts that cover my stomach
Old 05-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #15  
Believe it, be it

Ack! Everything I posted earlier is gone. Guess it has to do with the maintenance.

Thanks so much everyone, I am wowed that I won. And, everyone who made it to the end is awesome, congrats for pushing through and doing it!