Old 07-01-2008, 04:49 PM   #1  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Default Dill Tuna Salad on Cucumber Coins

This is something I made yesterday after recieving a huge bag of cucumbers from a neighbor's garden.

First, make your tuna salad, any way you like it. A lot of people (depending on where they live and how they like it) make it differently. Here's how I made it, and it's quite delicious:

3 cans water packed tuna, drained
2 or 3 stalks celery, chopped (or more, cause it's even better when it's really chunky)
half a medium onion, or less, chopped
1/4 cup chopped peeled cucumber
1/4 cup dill relish, or chopped dill pickles
2 teaspoons roasted garlic
salt, pepper, to taste
soul seasoning or paprika to taste
1/4 cup dill pickle juice (or, if you don't want it to be dilled, use a tablespoon or two of vinegar)
a teaspoon or two of yellow mustard
mayo and/or reduced fat cream cheese (philadelphia brand)

Then you need one large cucumber, NOT peeled, cut into coins. Don't cut them too thin, you want them a bit thick to be substantial, but not too thick that you can't bite into it.

Mix the drained tuna with the veggies, seasoning, and pickle juice and mustard, then a few tablespoons of the mayo. I also added some reduced fat cream cheese, it gave it an extra oomph, extra tasty flavor and creaminess. Add more mayo and/or cream cheese if desired, (I did!) to get it as creamy as you desire or drier if that's how you like it.

Spoon the tuna onto as many cucumber coins as you wish to eat, and put the rest of the tuna salad and cucumber coins in the fridge for later. It's so much better than nutritionless saltines, it really is.

Serving suggestion: You could top the tuna with a baby spinach leaf for more vitamins and extra veggie boost, or sprinkle with reduced fat cheddar. Or even chopped green or red pepper (which would be really great chopped up in the tuna salad as well.) You could chop up hard boiled egg for an extra protein boost as well.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:37 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Looks like about six servings. Careful of the dill relish - it might have sugar in it.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Sounds delish!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:15 AM   #4  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

This is going to be one of my lunches next week. Sounds great!
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:29 AM   #5  
I'm FOCUSED man!!!

S/C/G: 273-267-150

Height: 5'6

Trying this for tomorrows lunch as well.
D Red757 is offline   Reply With Quote