Old 03-23-2009, 09:36 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

I was in the mood for chocolate chip cookies the other day. I've never made just plain ones while on SBD, so I decided to try to find a whole wheat recipe and go from there. These turned out delish!

This recipe comes from http://www.aldenteblog.com/2009/02/w...ie-recipe.html. I added my substitutions and such in [red brackets] below.

Quote:
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 3 dozen cookies

Ingredients:
3/4 cup granulated sugar [I used 1/4 cup xylitol, 3/8 cup of Splenda, and 1/8 cup of More Fiber with Stevia]
3/4 cup packed brown sugar [I used 1/4 cup Splenda, 1/4 cup of Diabeti Sweet Brown Sugar Substitute, and 1/4 cup brown sugar]
1 cup butter or margarine, softened [I used 1 cup of Smart Balance Butter Blend]
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 cups Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 big handful semisweet chocolate chips [I used more than a big handful, but half was SF chocolate chips and half was dark chocolate]
1 small handful chopped pecans [I used about 1/2 cup]

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375ºF.
2. Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.

*Last suggestion: really do take these out after 8 minutes. They will continue to cook on the pan, so go ahead and get them out so they'll stay soft over time instead of crunchy...unless you like them crunchy. [I love them crunchy, so I baked for 9 minutes, then left them on the pan for 2 or 3. The middles stayed soft.]
Sorry I don't have the nut'l info on these. Let's just say that I figure they're a "sometimes food" (thanks, Cookie Monster) and need to go in the freezer before I eat more than 2!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #2  
Cie
Maintainer

S/C/G: 240/129/130

Height: 5'5"

Thanks. I like how you include your changes in red. Can't wait to try this.
Cie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:02 PM   #3  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Laurie, where did you find sf chocolate chips?
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Zeffryn, there are several places that carry them. I get mine from www.netrition.com I preferred the Eat Well, Be Well ones, but they stopped making that brand. However, it seems they are now selling them under the CarbSmart label. You can check those out here.

There's also a thread about a different dessert that included a discussion about SF chocolate chips. You might want to check that out.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I made these the other night and my mom LOVES them!!!
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote