Old 05-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #1  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Default It all starts with Step One...

So...I have finally admitted to myself (and to others) that I am a compulsive overeater.

I went to the site www.oa12steps4coes.org and read the section titled "Are you a COE?" I answered yes to almost ever single one.

It has taken me all of this time to admit that I cannot do this alone. I need God, and I need you all.

I attended my first online meeting Thursday evening. Since then, I have attended about 10 other online meetings (about two a day). I am feeling so much better knowing I am not alone, and I don't have to go through this alone.

I am keeping my eyes and heart open for a sponsor to help guide me. In the meantime, my abstinence includes no sugar, no eating in my car, and no overeating. I know that with time, this will change as I change.

Thank you for listening.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

(((((Jen))))))
Yay! Thanks for sharing.
I'm in the same space and working on my abstinence as well. Keeps coming back to that "powerless" thing... For me, abstinence started out as being "under 2000 cals and no eating after 5PM if I'm alone" but has changed to include no "red (trigger) foods" i.e. sugar in all its many and varied forms.

Keep coming back!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

And it STILL starts with Step One.....

Since my original post, I've had LOTS of crazy life changes--a hysterectomy, losing my job, being in school full time, etc....I let my abstinence lapse, and have not been abstinent since. Luckily, I had not gained too much back, but my binges were still there.

So my friends...I am back to step one. And I am relieved to be back!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/163/140

Height: 5'3

I am having a very hard time with overeathing I am tired of losing control over my eating all the time.
I saw that there is a OA near my house on thursdays and I will check it out (maybe not tomorrow since we are going to have snow storm) but will check it out.
planzaro is offline   Reply With Quote