Old 05-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #1  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Cool No More Fast Food for 21 days.

Today while I was at Wendy's I decided to give up Fast Food for at least 21 days. I read some where it takes 21 days to start or break a habit. I had gone to a Culver's a few weeks ago and tried eating healtheir. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomato and no bun. To go with it I had BBQ sauce and a glass of water. That would have been fine. But I had a coupon for a free waffle cone. So of course I had to have the waffle cone with one scoop of custard. So I'm hoping by stop eating out at Fast Food places I can do better with my weight loss and eat healthier. Plus, it will save me money to buy some different clothes at rummage sales or thrift shops.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:54 PM   #2  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

This is a really good plan Vickie Lou- eating out has been my weak point recently. Living a couple blocks from my favorite Mexican restaurant AND mcdonalds has proven quite the challenge.

I'm with you- 21 days fast food free!

(Does Diet pepsi count as fast food? i get it at the drive thru... haha)

(PS I'm not one of the 100 pound clubbers but I want to join you on this challenge anyway, that cool??)

Last edited by carcar05; 05-10-2009 at 02:55 PM.
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:05 PM   #3  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Trust me, without fast food for a while, it will taste nasty. I tried to have fried mushrooms at Zaxbys once when I was on a diet and I wanted to vomit. It tasted sooo bad.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:01 PM   #4  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Good for you for making that choice! I occasionally indulge in subway (6 inch roasted chicken with no cheese and no mayo with mustard and tons of veggies, on whole wheat and only 320 calories!!!) but have not had fast food in over 7 months. I'll be honest... I miss it the odd time for the CONVENIENCE but not the taste for sure.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:52 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I think this is a great idea. Having definite NO's is a definite MUST for me. It takes the decision making process away. Should I? Shouldn't I? Maybe just this once? No that most often doesn't work. I can't take the chance and leave the door open. It is vital to set oneself up for success and having definite NO's just makes sense. I urge you to not look at it as deprivation. Look at it as keeping that stuff in your life as deprivation - being deprived of a fit, trim and healthy you. I'll go out on a limb here and say that if you really, really stick with it for those 21 days, that you will be thrilled beyond belief. That stuff will be out of your system (before the 21 days I bet) and you will wonder why you didn't do it earlier. Great decision.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:40 AM   #6  
Looking for a waist!

S/C/G: 263/248/163

Height: 5'9"

I'm going to join you but with one caveat--I will allow myself to have Subway (but no meal--no chips, no soda). I am not that good about prepping stuff yet and sometimes I have to eat out. In such a case, it will be Subway.

Some weeks I go without fast food but some weeks I have it a few times. So, going 21 days will actually be new for me. I'm still trying to get into the lifestyle change groove (and I'm new to 3FC). Thanks for the inspiration! Good luck!
elle w 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #7  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

Sounds like an excellent battle plan to me, VickieLou --- good from both a nutritional and a financial point of view. I was going to join you when it suddenly hit me that we aren't eating out anymore....now when the heck did THAT happen? (Obviously, except for the convenience, I don't miss it.)

Farewell, fast foods ---- VickieLou is just SO over you!
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:07 AM   #8  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Hello, CarCar05!

You bet you can join us over here on the 100+ board! After all, a person only loses weight one pound at a time anyway!

Last edited by Numina; 05-11-2009 at 08:08 AM.
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #9  

Height: 5'11"

A co-worker and I drove through Sonic the other day to get a burger. It was the first time I had had a fast-food burger for months and ..... it wasn't that good. It didn't make me sick or repulse me, but I realized that for the calories I had just spent, I did not get a good bang for my calorie buck. So after awhile, I'm guessing that you'll lose interest in fast foods. Quitting for 21 days is an awesome idea!

Oh, and since I started bringing lunch to work most days, I suddenly seem to have more money in the checking account. Bonus!

Last edited by Windchime; 05-11-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:12 AM   #10  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

I've totally stayed away from fast food and been on plan for about five weeks. Honestly, other than a couple bad nights, I don't even crave it.

Last night I was working and had a frozen pizza for dinner and even that tasted, well, tasteless after indulging in all flavour I get when I cook.

21 days sounds great. By the end, you may surprise yourself with how much you even want to go back.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #11  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

I stay clear of all fast food, so I think it's an excellent idea you are doing this. Good luck!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:25 AM   #12  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

Hah hah! I did this at the beginning of the year and it is SO worth it! I still eat fast food, I think I've had it maybe five times this year now, but each time has been at a time when I had budgeted for indulgence anyway (vacations, etc). I'm so happy for you for making this decision! Another side benefit I found is how clean my car is, and how easy to keep it clean without fastfood straw wrappers and napkins fluttering around all over the place.

One trick I used to alleviate cravings was to tell myself, "OK, I can have fast food one day a month, and today isn't that day. Better wait until then." Of course, deep down, I knew that there was no indulgence day in the near future, but the idea made it easier to keep driving past the drive-thru, rather than through it.
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:33 AM   #13  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Sounds like a good plan! I never really ate fast food (a very rare taco bell bean burrito was about it) but when I first started losing weight, I gave up eating out entirely for about 3 months.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:34 AM   #14  

I'm with you. I didn't eat fast food for years, but then I started eating meat again. We only go to Culvers and Pancheros (burritos). I'm going to keep going to Pancheros, but will get a burrito bowl instead of eating it in a tortilla and no soda. I'm going to quit soda for 21 days, too.

Last edited by wendyland; 05-11-2009 at 10:35 AM.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

I still eat some stuff like Subway (veggie) and Chipotle, but I realized yesterday, when I thought everyone might decide it was fast food for lunch (like Del Taco or something) - I was actually feeling a little horror at the thought of eating their bean burrito (I'm vegetarian). Nothing to do with the calories or even the health of it. It just sounded gross! I was going to have a PBJ instead. It felt good to realize that some things I used to live on sounded gross
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote