South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 05:45 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Mother's Day Weekend Warbling

Of course warbling can be sounds from a bird or an activity popular with crazy birders

Good morning Chicks! The coffee is ready so grab a cup and say hello before starting your day.

I'm off to a gardening workshop this morning. It's the second part of our workshop for child care programs and it looks like we have a good group of new gardeners. this morning is practical and fun. They will even learn about vermi-composting (kids love worms!). After that it's grocery shopping then home to finish up weekend chores.

What's on your agenda this Mother's Day weekend?
Old 05-09-2009, 06:06 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Warbling back at The Bird Woman of Vermont! Thanks for the coffee.

I'm of to the Hall in a bit to crank up the Garden Club plant sale. I get to be Garden Guru so need to lug along some reference books as well as my coffee. Next Saturday I get to do the same thing again with the Church plant sale which is also a bake sale. Sometimes I think I should just write a cheque instead.

My house is grubby and untidy. I miss Donna's weekly visits which get me to tidy things before she comes. I will tackle it this afternoon after the sale as I'll start getting weekend company now that cottage season is approaching. My cousins all have cell phones but still just drop in.

Jazz did another puddle last night. Good thing he's cute!

On with the weekend!
Old 05-09-2009, 06:27 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up

Good Morning, Cyndi
Thanks for the coffee! Thanks for having a great place for me to stop in every morning before I start my day. Have a great time at your gardening workshop. Say hi to the worms. I have been vermicomposting for years. I just cleaned out my bin yesterday, and am taking the compost to Glenwood Springs.(GWS)

A little history, first, this morning. I was born in Colorado, but spent 23 of my 51 years in Homer, Alaska. Hubby and I moved back down in 2003 to be near my Mom, who will be 88 this summer. Things weren't jiving for us in the small town, where she lives,ISPGS, but we still have a house 1 block from hers. We spend most of our time 130 miles away, in a little pad we purchased in 2005. In GWS we have a great garden, lots of friends, and wonderful groups where we volunteer. Some weeks are driving weeks. This is one of them.

Today...We are driving over to GWS for our neighbors memorial service. We will be back tonight so we can be here in the morning for Mothers Day. I'm working on entering geneology info onto a website, so I think I'll take some papers and organize in the car. We could spend the night, but this way the dogs can stay home. Its easier on everyone and the kitty will come back with us.

I had a clean P1 day yesterday. Today, I will remain vigilant amidst a ton of food and have hope that I can add up enough "todays" to make a difference in my life. I am tired of living a life which is "constricted" by my weight.

I look forward to hearing what you all are up to...and happy warbling!
Debbie
Old 05-09-2009, 06:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm joining you all for a quick cup of coffee before this busy day gets started.

We're off to breakfast and then going to the garden center to get our tomato plants, herbs, annuals and a few new perrenials. The rest of the day will be spent planting my new babies. We plan to put the screens in the storm doors today, too. But no work, it's all fun stuff!
Old 05-09-2009, 08:06 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Ruth and Cottage. It sounds like a gardening day. It's too early here to put my plants in, but I think I'll get my Sunflowers seeded.

Debbie R.

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." -Maria Robinson
Old 05-09-2009, 08:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Weekend!

Cyndi, Have fun watching the birds!

Ruth, When you are retired or a SAHM, people assume you sit around eating bonbons and watching Oprah all day long. NOT!

Lexxiss, I lived in Montrose and Delta, Colorado when I was a little girl. Great memories of snow! You have a great attitude about 'todays'. I'm going to adopt that attitude.

Cottage, Have fun planting! I already have basil, flat leaf parsley and thyme. Herbs are my favorite! I need impatients in my flowerbed.

Me: I have been saying for two weeks that Auston needs a haircut. Today, it's going to happen -- really! He's looking pretty shaggy. Got to do some inside chores, then I'm going outside! I need to go shopping for a couple new outfits for work, but I hate shopping, and I don't want to take more time away from the family. I told DH that I love having my own money, but I don't have any time to spend it! What a dilemma.

I hope everyone has a happy Mother's Day weekend. Going to call my mom right now!
Old 05-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all! Sounds like it's a gardening day all around!! I've been up since 4:30, got my lesson plans done for this week and have been out in the gardens since the sun came up.

I left school at 10 yesterday morning after giving tests (they divided my class up among the other second grade teachers) and headed straight to the dr. I NEVER go to the doctor unless I'm about to keel over and was glad I did...viral infection (sent home 2 kids with the same thing this week). They gave me some meds and I spent the rest of the day in bed dying. Woke up feeling great this morning...wow.

Headed back out to the yard before it gets too hot, then will try to take it easy the rest of the day. Will tackle housework tomorrow before the first wave of company arrives on Monday. whew...

Have a great weekend, everyone..
Old 05-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone and happy gardening.
Cat, I am glad you're feeling better.
Today I am going to kill myself so I can relax tomorrow. We are supposed to get thunderstorms anyway, and tomorrow should be nice, so I told the family I want to go hiking on mother's day. Plus we'll swing by my mom's and my grandmother's to spread mother's day cheer.
Today is cleaning house, laundry, grocery shopping, and if the storms hold off long enough we'll work on getting the vegetable beds in. If not, that's for tomorrow too, but I consider it fun, not work, so it's good. I'll make DH pick up a load of horse poo compost while he's at the horse farm with the kids this morning.
I haven't had breakfast and my mom sent home a pan of cereal bars with the kids and it's been calling to me all morning. She used to make these all the time when I was a kid, and they were my favorites, and, well thanks mom, this is how I got to be a fat kid in the first place. Somehow salsa eggs just aren't appealing with those staring at me. I'd better go get them off the kitchen counter before this gets ugly.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #9  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 145/145/135

Height: 5'3

Good Morning Beachers!

Listening to all your gardening plans makes me want to go out to Home Depot! But alas, DH's favorite band of all time is playing a concert tonight in Tampa (2 hours away) so I must get all the household stuff done so that we can drive up there this afternoon.... Oh, and did I mention I have zero intrest in this band? The things we do for love

Hope you chickies have a fabulous Saturday, and happy early Mother's Day!
Old 05-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

Sounds like everyone has some wonderful gardening in front of them. I am jealous because I do not have a green thumb, so I don't even bother. I let DH take care of the outside.

Today I already did a workout this morning, just finished breakfast. Now to tackle cleaning, groceries and then this afternoon can be goof off time. We are thinking about going to Six Flags tomorrow for Mother's Day after Church. Depends on the weather I suppose- all this rain we have been getting. Finished Phase 1 yesterday and down 5 lbs I will take it.

Have a wonderful day today
Old 05-09-2009, 06:23 PM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Someone put their foot up my butt please! The boys are out of town, so I've been spending time with my parents and ate out 2 nights in a row. Not even remotely close to being OP. After last night, my body spoke up loud and clear this morning about how unhappy it was about my decision-making. Doing a hard-core detox today and tomorrow. Moo.

Otherwise had an ok day. Just putzing around now. Parents invited me to dinner out AGAIN tonight (oy!) but I told them I'll be staying in. Cubs game starts at 6. I think it's going to be a nice night of snuggling up in jammies and curling up on the couch.

It's sooooo quiet. Shhhhhhh.

Boys come home tomorrow so I guess I should enjoy it while I can. I still miss them though.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous Mother's Day Weekend!!!!

Lisa
Old 05-10-2009, 05:57 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Beach Babes. It's Mother's Day and I hope you all get to sleep in a bit or, at least, have coffee in bed. My furries seem to have missed the point of the day as they were whining to get out at 5!

Church and then most of the day is mine except for a MD BBQ tonight at my DIL's parents place. We had torrents of rain yesterday afternoon so it'll be way to wet to garden but I think I'll manage to fill the time.

I did get the vacuuming done yesterday but not until after the Plant Sale. We sure sold a lot of plants in short order - opened at 9 and had made $2000 by 9:45! That's a lot, especially when most plants were priced about $3 each, real bargains for perennials. The great thing is that the plants are from our gardens so we know they thrive in this zone.

Have a glorious Mother's Day!
Old 05-10-2009, 06:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

I didn't get coffee served in bed, but Jake had it ready for me when I came downstairs. This is day 2 of my weekend of total relaxation, although I did make dinner for Jake and I last night. But it was just a simple meal of roasted veggies and ww pasta, so you can't really call that work. I spent almost all day in my glory, puttering in my garden.

This morning we're going out for breakfast, and then another trip to a different plant nursery. I'm going to spend the day getting the rest of my plants in before I have to wash up to take my mother out for dinner. It's going to be just the two of us, and I'm looking forward to it. I asked Mom where she'd like to go, and she wants Italian. She IS Italian and eats Italian food most every day, but she wants to go to an Italian restaurant!
Old 05-10-2009, 07:30 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Happy Mothers Day Beachers!

Busy weekend so far. Yesterday I finally found a dress for DD's graduation, can't find shoes but I have a dress I like and it only took 2 trips to the mall. Now I just need a bit of color so I don't blind everyone!

Today, or rather this evening we are having the family over for dinner, lots of cooking involved but that is ok. Even doing it at our house and being responsible for the entire meal is less stressful than going to my MIL's and doing nothing and listening to her yell then entire time for everyone to get out of her kitchen! Not to mention the meal while not beachy, will be in my control and semi OP.

Hope you all have a wonderful Mothers Day, I am off to sip some more coffee in peace before the cooking begins.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:37 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Happy Mother's Day chicks!!

We're having whole grain waffles for breakfast, and steaks on the grill for supper...YUM!! We'll see how the weather holds up, not sure what we're doing otherwise..I hope a hike.

Enjoy!
Closed Thread