Old 05-09-2009, 05:15 PM   #1  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

Talking What is the best way to get rid of your butt??

ok so i am just wondering what is the best way to get rid of your butt.. i have a larger butt and i know i would be down a size or so in jeans if i could just loose it..

does anyone else here have alot of junk in the trunk or did you??
What is the best way to get it off??

Thanks all
Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:28 PM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I wish I knew! My husband is always telling me... "You'd probably be a size 4 if it wasn't for all that junk in your trunk!" Uhm thanks????

I've been swimming and hitting the elliptical and it doesn't seem to be making a dent in it.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:49 PM   #3  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

It'll slowly go down with everything else Patience grasshopper lol

Compared to the rest of my body my butt would give J-Lo's a run for it's money BUT it is way way way way freaking smaller than what it was when I first started.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #4  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

All I know is dont do the stairmaster. That makes it bigger. My butt is kind of big, but it goes with my chest so I'm ok with it. Cardio should help it gradually go down.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 249.4/ticker/135

Height: 5' 8"

have you tried pilates? that seems to tone ya and get u lean muscles without adding bulk. other then that u just gotta lose your overall body fat before it comes off. i wish i had a butt all I got is a belly.
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:35 PM   #6  

Pilates does amazing things for the bum also I know when I was using the elliptical religiously it really toned my butt and thighs!! I was using it on an incline though, like one of the programmed in interval programs to really break a sweat and feel the burn
kswood87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:30 AM   #7  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Like Tanee already said, overall fat loss makes the butt smaller. You can't force it to get smaller with any particular exercise.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

i had a HUGE butt when i started .. I did mostly running and stairmaster and a machine called the leg magic for it.. its still big but ive got no complaints lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

The best way to lose fat and not build muscle is by doing strictly CARDIO. No weights, none of that other "toning" stuff, just heavy cardio. NO WEIGHT MACHINES. Those tend to make muscles bigger because you are lifting a lot more weight than if you just got down a did a wall squat, lunge, or heel raise and they make your legs, hips, and butt bigger.

Your toning exercises should be tension exercises that *might* use light hand weights, but rely primarily on using your bodies own muscles and weight against itself. Think push-ups, sit-ups, lunges, etc. The 30 Day Shred in conjunction with an hour of hardcore cardio (no incline, just speed on the treadmill. Elliptical, no incline and light resistance like level 3 or so) as fast as you can and do NOT slow down or stop until 10 minutes to the finish) will slim you out, but keep you toned.

I do ballet as well, and that seems to help keep mine in check along with the cardio and 30ds. It's definitely nowhere near small, but it doesn't jiggle when I walk and my thighs don't touch.

Those gym machines, though... stay away. Those are the bane of any woman trying to be slender in the lower part of her body. I had to learn that the hard way.

Last edited by NishKitten; 05-10-2009 at 08:39 AM.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

So... I really want a bigger butt. So I'm using all of this advice in reverse. Thanks!
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:06 PM   #11  
Brighter than the moon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NishKitten View Post

Those gym machines, though... stay away. Those are the bane of any woman trying to be slender in the lower part of her body. I had to learn that the hard way.
AHA! I knew it! No gym machines for me on the lower half (referring to other thread).
Old 05-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #12  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NishKitten View Post
The best way to lose fat and not build muscle is by doing strictly CARDIO. No weights, none of that other "toning" stuff, just heavy cardio. NO WEIGHT MACHINES. Those tend to make muscles bigger because you are lifting a lot more weight than if you just got down a did a wall squat, lunge, or heel raise and they make your legs, hips, and butt bigger.

Your toning exercises should be tension exercises that *might* use light hand weights, but rely primarily on using your bodies own muscles and weight against itself. Think push-ups, sit-ups, lunges, etc. The 30 Day Shred in conjunction with an hour of hardcore cardio (no incline, just speed on the treadmill. Elliptical, no incline and light resistance like level 3 or so) as fast as you can and do NOT slow down or stop until 10 minutes to the finish) will slim you out, but keep you toned.

I do ballet as well, and that seems to help keep mine in check along with the cardio and 30ds. It's definitely nowhere near small, but it doesn't jiggle when I walk and my thighs don't touch.

OMG thank you for this great reply. I want to be leaner but I HATE WEIGHTS LIFTING. I just hate it hate it hate it. If i can be leaner by doing tense cardio, i can live with it - the rest of my life hehe.
I'll go back to 30 DS and do it without the weights then. The weights exercises could still be good without weights I believe (ofc, with all the rest of the exercise). Oh and, if so, yoga would be a good choice as well, right? Or no?

So i want to ask, does walking/running help? or will they just like the gym machine? >"<

Last edited by Annita; 05-10-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I like my butt (as does the husband), and dont mind that its big - so I'm no help. But it has gotten smaller, and more toned since I've started this whole thing. I walk and also do work out dvds - nothing particular for my butt.
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Beaka -- I don't think you want bigger, so much as you want it to be round and perky. It's the shape you want, not the volume. LoL. Squats girl. Squats and ballet warm-ups, like plies and stuff. And the.. dreaded stairmaster. *gulp*

Annita -- Running and walking outdoors on the road and stuff are fairly high impact. If you already have big hips and big thighs, then both of those activities will make them larger since you're building those muscles. If you have narrow hips, then it isn't so bad because building those muscles will give you a curve and make your shape more feminine. Try the stationary bike, treadmill, and elliptical. If you are running outside though, then yoga or pilates is great for following that workout because when you work the muscles, stretching them afterwards keeps them long and lean instead of allowing them to bulk up. Hence the enviable long, slender, muscular legs of dancers. Work the muscle, then stretch it out. Keeps you fit, but slim like a string bean.

Stella -- BLAH!!!! It was a nightmare. I was working so hard using the gym machines and instead of getting nice skinny legs, my thighs went from 27" of flab to 27" of pure muscle, and they were bulky. I was so mad. It looked like I had turkey legs!!!! I whined about it to my friend who owns the ballet studio and told her what I was doing and she told me to quit using the machines. Whaddya know, three months of nothing but cardio, ballet and 30DS with my little weenie weights and they shrank down. It's so nice to be able to walk one foot in front of the other again and not chafe.

Last edited by NishKitten; 05-10-2009 at 02:46 PM.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #15  
Brighter than the moon!

Nish - I can empathize. I've always had really muscular legs, and the trainers try to tell me to use the machines and I'm like um...I don't wanna. The only one I'll touch is the on that works your inner thighs. Those could definitely be tighter. My calves bother me more than my thighs though. Its impossible for me to wear boots above my ankle b/c my calves are so big - big in the sense that there is a lot of muscle definition, but just once I'd like to be able to wear cute, knee high boots with a skirt. Darnit.

I cannot wait to get 30 DS now. Do you need a lot of room to do it? We have two DVD players - one is the X box that is down in the man cave, and the other is in the living room - but I was thinking of moving that to my bed room to do it in private. The last time I tried to work out in the living room, it was pilates and I had an audience. It was slightly uncomfortable.