Old 05-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #1  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Why can't I lose weight evenly?

If my collarbones stick out any more I'm going to start looking like a drug addict!

I'm starting to look horribly disproportioned! If it wasn't for the gigantic hips I'm toting around I'd be in a Medium top. Pretty soon my boobies are going to become deposited in my bum as well...

What is the deal with this?
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #2  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

It's just the way things work sadly. Like you, I'm in a medium top and still have big butt and hips compared to the rest of my body I have a hard time looking past my waist sometimes because I don't want to see the BAM!!! down below. It is slowly getting better the closer I get down though! So have faith it'll work itself out

Hang in there
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #3  
Booty-Tron

S/C/G: 165/131/130

Height: 5'4"

i lose weight the exact same way. my hip bones are really wide, my shoulders are wide(ish), but my collarbone sticks out and you can see my ribs. i have gigantic thighs, too. i've been trying to work on thigh stuff lately, but i think it's genetic.
painted lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I don't have a great figure, either, but it is a heck of a lot better than it was 85 pounds ago !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
If my collarbones stick out any more I'm going to start looking like a drug addict!

I'm starting to look horribly disproportioned! If it wasn't for the gigantic hips I'm toting around I'd be in a Medium top. Pretty soon my boobies are going to become deposited in my bum as well...

What is the deal with this?
Pretty much 'cause. Just 'cause.

Really, everyone is different, and we mostly just don't have any control over it.

You can do some strength training to build up muscles more where you want to. And a really healthy diet can help decrease abdominal fat (but I'm sure you're eating really healthy, and that isn't your problem spot anyway).

But you won't change your basic shape. Also, a lot of maintainers have indicated that their look became less gaunt over time as they maintained and their body adjusted and settled.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:07 AM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 222/136/?

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
Also, a lot of maintainers have indicated that their look became less gaunt over time as they maintained and their body adjusted and settled.
I hate to break it to you but that is not true, at least in my case. I'm a guy, I have arms and legs like a skeleton but still have a beer gut. I've been a maintainer now for 6 years and my body has not "adjusted" like you might suggested.

Not saying your body won't "adjust" my highly unlikely. Sorry about the truth, its just something you and I have to learn to accept. We are who we are.
benchmarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #7  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm a calorie counter but I have a clean diet. I make my calories count. Avoid processed junk and eat mostly lean protein, good carbs, veggies, and fruit.

I remember hitting this point last time I lost weight (I'm a HUGE baby weight gainer) and thinking ARGGGHHH this will never get better but I guess it did LOL. I remember hitting a point around 170 where I was relatively happy with my figure. It's just the spot in the middle that is frustrating.

Someday!

I'm wondering if my current workout of choice may have something to do with it. I've been swimming a lot which seems to take a lot of upper body strength and not so much lower body. Maybe I'll hit the bike or eliptical on alternate days to even things out? I don't want to build my booty up, though!

Last edited by ValRock; 05-10-2009 at 11:55 AM.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Originally Posted by JulieJ08:
Also, a lot of maintainers have indicated that their look became less gaunt over time as they maintained and their body adjusted and settled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchmarkman View Post
I hate to break it to you but that is not true, at least in my case. I'm a guy, I have arms and legs like a skeleton but still have a beer gut. I've been a maintainer now for 6 years and my body has not "adjusted" like you might suggested.

Not saying your body won't "adjust" my highly unlikely. Sorry about the truth, its just something you and I have to learn to accept. We are who we are.
Doesn't make what I said untrue in the slightest . Everyone's different.

Last edited by JulieJ08; 05-10-2009 at 01:15 PM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/178.5/135

Height: 5'3

I, too, am disproportionate, but in the opposite way -- I have no complaints about my thighs, hips or butt at the moment, but my tummy is gigantic. I look like a friggin' pigeon.
Bumbleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 271/268/175

Height: 5'8"

I'm such an apple! I have 23 inch thighs (which I hear is decent) and just this huge stomach. Thank god I haven't been asked if I was pregnant (Since I had a my son over a year ago) but I really wouldn't blame anyone who said anything because my stomach is disgustingly large. I am working on it and it seems of my 30 pounds, not a lot has come from my stomach. Try researching targeting exercises for your problem areas. I'm sure as your weight decreases, so will the size of your thighs and bottom.

shrinkingleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:09 AM   #11  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchmarkman View Post

If I were you, I'd start doing some hardcore weight lifting. Bulk up, and the "beer gut" should go away and your arms and lets will bulk up too. 136 is really skinny for a guy.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:56 AM   #12  
Master Water Retainer

S/C/G: 205/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleberry View Post
I, too, am disproportionate, but in the opposite way -- I have no complaints about my thighs, hips or butt at the moment, but my tummy is gigantic. I look like a friggin' pigeon.
I understand completely. My stomach demands size 16 pants, while my legs and butt would have plenty of room in a size 10. Sigh. So I wear size 16, and normal boot cut jeans look like super wide leg jeans because there's just so much extra fabric around my legs.

Shopping is very frustrating.
RubyGuggenheim is offline   Reply With Quote