Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #1  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Height: 5'6"

Default Set the date for my VSG

Hi Guys-- it's been a while since I was at 3FC, but I thought I'd check in. I set the date to have my Vertical Sleeve Gas.- July 20. I'm soo nervous. I'd like to hear from anyone else who has had one, and what their life was like after-- good and bad!
WakeMeForSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:50 PM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I have a VSG stomach as part of my DS (and much less malabsorption than a normal DS since I have a huge common channel). I just had my surgery at the end of March, so it's still a bit new to me. The new tummy takes some getting used to. I'm about a month and a half out, and I am still sometimes surprised by how little I can eat. I haven't been tracking my calories at all, but I eat only a very small fraction of what I could eat before, and being full is a whole new experience - uncomfortable to the point of almost painful - so I have no desire to overstuff myself.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

July will be here before you know it!! I'm so excited for you.

Jillybean, I've been wondering how you were doing in general. Are you still taking diabetic meds? Hope things are going well.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote