Old 05-08-2009, 05:23 AM   #1  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

S/C/G: 195/???/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Audio books

Hi Gals,

So I just discovered audiobooks... I never guessed I would enjoy them so much. I've been itching for something new, so I got the new Stephenie Meyer book "The Host" and put it on my ipod. I decided I'd only listen to it while walking. I worked a ton of shifts and now I have my week off... so plan on getting a TON of walking in, just so I can listen to this book! It's about 32 hours long I believe. I love music so much, but I get so antsy watching the clock when I'm working out, it's so easy to get lost in a book... and before I realize it, I've walked an hour!

I think I might get a few hours in today... since I'm going wedding dress shopping tomorrow. *panic attack*

Last edited by JulieRN; 05-08-2009 at 07:14 AM.
JulieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:30 AM   #2  
())crayon))

S/C/G: 240/see tracker/140

Height: 5'6

I love the idea of audiobooks, but I always just seem to switch off when listening to them and my mind wanders, then before I know it I tune in to the talking again and I have no idea what has happened!
iamacrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:27 AM   #3  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I've never tried audio books. I know many people who use them while driving, but I know that would just put me to sleep. That sounds like a good idea though.

How is that book, btw? I've read all the Twilight books, and didn't know how she'd translate into adult writing.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 228/184.7/145

Height: 5'6"

I always thought audiobooks were stupid (who wants to listen to someone else read to you when reading to yourself is so enjoyable?) but a friend convinced me to try it and I am absolutely HOOKED. I am going back through the entire J.D. Robb series and hearing new things that I may have skipped over in the exposition. My cell phone time has gone down considerably since I started listening to them as well since I will now ignore calls to finish a chapter. Just downloaded one to my ipod, so that's going with me on the bike tonight!
steph324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #5  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

S/C/G: 195/???/125

Height: 5'4.5"

The Host is pretty darn good! It's no Twilight of course, it does start a little slow, but now I'm hooked and it's getting to be really really good. A story idea that I never would have imagined. I wonder when it'll be a movie lol...
JulieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 293/248/150

Height: 5'8"

Thank you so much for posting this. I love reading, but had never thought of audiobooks for workouts.

I have a hard time getting into my workouts, at least when I'm doing cardio. I, too, feel like I'm watching the clock the whole time. I downloaded an audiobook yesterday morning and when for a walk around the golf course near my home. In the past, I've always just walked there, done one lap, and walked home, about 3.5 miles. Yesterday, I was really into the book I was listening to, so I decided to do a second lap, and got about 5.5 miles in.

Thanks!
Lachelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #7  
Booty-Tron

S/C/G: 165/131/130

Height: 5'4"

I listen to Stephen King audiobooks when i'm on the elliptical. i think listening to scary things makes me move faster!
painted lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I love audio books! I use them while driving, since I drive a lot for work. I've used them a couple of time at the gym. I should start doing that again
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote