Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-08-2009, 07:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/173/160

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Default Do you ever get anxious as you get near a major goal?

I am at 205. I started at 228 in March. I am so proud of what I have done so far. HOWEVER, two or three times before I lose down to where I am now. And for some reason I just stop dieting and exercising and I gain it all back and then some.

One reason is that when school gets out and the kids are home I get out of my routine. Right now I have a great routine. I jog 20 minutes each morning before we all go to school. Usually about 2.5 miles. I get off at noon and jog 20 more minutes and usually can get to 3 miles. (I am more awake in the afternoon so I run faster. ) Anywho, I have my meals all planned. Breakfast, take a snack to work, lunch, a snack with the kids after school (My snack, not theirs), etc.

Anyway I am getting anxious as school gets out in 4 weeks. I am only 5 pounds from Onderland and I don't won't to lose my momentum. How do you handle it when your "routine" gets interrupted? I am just anxious that if I get out of my routine I may not be able to find another one.

At least this time I know the change in routine is coming so I am already preparing my self mentally on how to make the changes I need. I just fear that I may fall into the lazy days of summer. I just want to make it to Onderland so I can get that Monkey off of my back! I think then I will realize If I can make it to Onderland then I can make it all the way to may goal. (That sounds like the song New York, New York, If I can make it there I'll make it anywhere!)

Just had to say this out loud so I can plan and stay on target!

Thanks for listening.
Lynn160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #2  

I think the fact that you acknowledge that your routine is about to change and are thinking about how to handle it is the first step! You just need to figure out a new routine!

It sounds like you can still do your run in the morning. Your second run might have to be rearranged, but you can find another time to do it, or arrange to have somebody take care of the kids (unless they can take care of themselves for an hour) while you run.

Meal planning shouldn't change, in fact it might be easier if you are home (are you off for the summer too?).

Chances are good that you'll lose the 5 pounds before school's out and you'll be so motivated, you won't worry about the change in your routine. You'll just adapt to a new one.

You can do it! Just think how far along you'll be by the time school starts if you stick to it!
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #3  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

You know a change is in the air. So plan for it now! With not one, but two plans, so that if Plan A doesn't work, you can go to Plan B. And neither of these plans should include giving up!
You can do it!
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Can you join the YMCA? The Y has child care services as well as a track and great equipment! (And they offer financial assistance for any family that needs it!) That way, even though your kids are home, you can create a workable routine around your schedule, knowing they will be cared for! Plus, they will love it! They'll be having fun while you're getting your workout in!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote