Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 12:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Exclamation help me get started please

help me please. during the winter od 2000-2001 i lost close to 40lbs now due to relocating and getting settled into my new enviroment i have gained back close to 15 of what i lost. i need help in getting my will back and back into the groove of the whole diet plan. i guess that all i am asking for is a buddy who will try to help me get motivated and in turn help them out as well. as we all know this is one of the hardest things that we face doing. well enough said hope that all is having a wonderful day.
Old 10-13-2002, 07:25 AM   #2  

Angry

Hi, My name is Peta and I am from Australia. I am new here and I need support also.

Losing weight is a VERY hard thing to do. I have been a yoyo dieter for many years. I have health problems and so now I ahve no choice. I have done very well this week and am very proud of myself! I even started yoga.

Please tell me about yourself and maybe we can encourage each other through this time.

Peta
Old 10-14-2002, 10:37 AM   #3  

Wink

Hi there and good morning to you Peta

First of all I would like to say that I would welcome any all support that you have to offer as well as offer you all the support that I have to offer. Yes you are right this is one of the hardest things in life to do. Strenght is what we all need we we are on this journey. I am 35 and like you I have been a yoyo for the better part of 20 yrs for me. Each time that the weight would start to creep back on I would go into a tailspin of depression. After much soulsearching I am trying this what I hope will be the last time. Sorry to hear that you are having medical problems. If every yo need someone to talk to I am hear.

look forward to hearing more from you
sandy
Old 10-14-2002, 11:40 PM   #4  

Angry

Thanks Sandy.

I hope we can both achieve what we want to from losing our weight gain. I hated looking in the mirror every morning. I just didn't like what I saw. I am trying to like myself again so I can "help" myself (if that makes sense). If I like myself then it's all the more reason not to give up. I am very proud of the start I have made.

Good luck with your weight loss to and likewise I am here for you also.

Thanks again!
Peta
Old 10-15-2002, 05:19 PM   #5  

Peta,

I know that from my experience that i truly hate looking in the mirror. I done so good yesterday until I saw that we had so carmels at the store for sale and of course I had to buy some but at least I didnt eat the whole comtainor of them. SO I guess that I could say that my will power is getting better and today I have done very well with my portion control. Now to keep that up and then start my diet hot and heavy. Yesterday I got the courage to get out one of my ab workout tapes and done the 10 min thing. All I want to acheive is to get down to a comfortable 14. Keep up the good work and keeping on reaching for your goal.

sandy
Old 10-15-2002, 09:45 PM   #6  

gigglez you most have been so motivated to have lost 40 pounds. How did you do it? I can diet for weeks and only drop 3-5 pounds and then frustration sets in and I gain it right back. I'm 34 and also new to this site. I haven't even got a response from my postings, but I'm still here and i do enjoy reading others postings. If you lost that much before I believe you will do it again. Good luck
Old 10-15-2002, 11:19 PM   #7  

Wink

hi soon2

the way that i lost it was a little extreme but i got rid of the soda first the all junk food and from there went to using portion control seeing how as a child i was always told to clean my plate. then i also used an ab workout tape and i dont mide tellin you it was hard work but i done it. unfortantly i have since been diagnoed with endo. i had to try birthcontrol pills and boom 10 lb that didnt help and now i am on lupron shots 10 more. now i am goin to fight back with a vengence. gald to see that you have found this haven. remember i am here you can find me on yahoo im sandymandy123 or email me sandymandy123@yahoo. good luck and look forward to hearing from you and sharing with you

sandy
Old 10-15-2002, 11:59 PM   #8  

Hi Gigglez...flabbythighs here!! I was not a good girl today!! Just hate myself when I do that. You can do it though...just don't follow my example! ha I promise to do better tomorrow!! Kathy
Old 10-16-2002, 09:02 PM   #9  

hi flabby,

thanks and by the way i was probally more bad than you. i think that i had the most sever case of the munchies ever today, but i am proud of the fact that my main munchie was air popped corn and grapes so that wasnt too bad. anyway i guess i should go that ab workout is calling. hope that you do it and reach your goal. and may your day tomorrow be better than today.

sandy
Old 10-17-2002, 12:08 AM   #10  

Angry

Gigglez, Thanks for the support and you keep up the good work also. Can I ask a silly question? How do you do air popped pop corn? I love popcorn, but I can never figure out to air pop it (without all the oil).

Thanks.

Peta
Old 10-17-2002, 11:19 PM   #11  

Smile

Peta, I have an air popper that is about 12 yrs old butit still works that is what I do. So how has it been goin for you? I have had another bad day, dang that candy bar. But I will do better tomorrow if I dont please kick my behind. Please do that for me. The good thing is that i done my ab workout. So fill me in on you, alright.

catch ya later hugs to you and yours
Old 10-18-2002, 10:00 PM   #12  

Hello gigglez. I also have the ab. tapes. I got the new ones called the firm. I started them and boy I'm out of shape. I work and have two boys so alot of my excersise is those tapes. I hope your having a good week so far. Keep me updated on your progress. My short term goal is to lose 10lbs by the new year. So hold me to it. 150 is my goal weight. Talk to you soon. Tamra
Old 10-19-2002, 07:38 PM   #13  

Hi Tamra,

Will do my best to help you keep on track. Right no wmy short term goal is for about 10-15 by Christmas and I hope that my ab tapes will help. I took yesterday off from my workout and have yet to do it today but will have to get up and moving soon. So have you ever thought of using a reward system in combo with the diet? I have decided that if I make my short term goal I am goin to treat myself to a new cut and color. MIght sound petty to some but it helps keep me motivated. My goal is also around 150 and I am goin to do it. The only factir of unknown is the lupron shots that i have to take maybe they wont be so bad this month(last month i ate too much and i think it was due to the shot). Sp how are you progressing? Right now I have not gained nor lost so that is good in one prespictive. Hope that you and your 2 boys have a great week.

sandy
Old 10-19-2002, 08:58 PM   #14  

Hey Sandi,
Old 10-19-2002, 09:15 PM   #15  

Hello again, hit the wrong key. The reward system sounds like a great thing. I'd like to have a really short cut if I could just get to my goal weight(Halle Berry short). I'm got off to a good start but not having a very good week. the girls in the office where I work brought in junk food all week. Bisquits, donuts, candy, you name it. Any suggestions on how to avoid these devils of temptation? Of course they are all smaller than myself. The biggest wears about a 12. I will try harder this week, because there are some really cool clothes I saw at the mall this week and I want to wear them. At least I finally broke the 170 mark. The scale has said 169 for a couple of days. and it only took all summer(ha ha). Well please keep in touch I love to get mail. Some of you are pretty funny. Tamra
Closed Thread