Old 05-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #1  
-.-K!M-.-

S/C/G: 258/253.4/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Total FAIL

I've been trying to eat smaller portions, considering that's my biggest challenge. Well, I've been doing GREAT at it. Last night I failed bigtime, though. I was just TOO hungry... so I went for the lean pockets and ended up eating TWO (500 calories).

Woke up this morning and the scale is down a half pound. How'd I manage that? Was I just not getting enough calories before? (Roughly 1500)
ShutterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

When you overeat and have an actual weight gain it takes about 2-3 days for it to show up on scale. Don't beat yourself up over it. If you can get in some extra activity today that would be best. Oh, also--you may want to drink lots of water too. If Lean Pockets are like most of the frozen meals out there, they are loaded in sodium.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 05-08-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #3  

Next time you feel that hungry go for something lighter, like salad or fruit... If you overeat won't be a big deal and you won't feel guilty.
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #4  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I'll answer the calories as you never know until you try it out. I'm still in the 200's and I eat approx 1600-1800 calories daily, but exercise on avg. 45 mins a day. You could always try eating a little more for a couple weeks and seeing if you continue to loose, but with that it will take more than a day or two to see if it works.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #5  

Height: 4'11"

Don't say it was a total fail, it wasn't. It was just one mistake. You could've done a lot worse.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:50 AM   #6  
No description available.

Goodness---they were lean pockets, not the mortgage industry!

I make food choices that I wish I didn't sometimes too. But it doesn't make either of us a failure. For me and my weight loss, food does not equal moral failings.

You had a goal and you did not reach it in the way you had hoped. That is not failure, my dear!! That is a learning opportunity!

So, you were super hungry. Eeek! That triggers me to make choices I wish that I wouldn't too. Your body is smart----it is all about survival and if you are hungry your body will be driven to eat! So, eating frequently helps to reduce my hunger. Are you getting enough healthy fats? Olive oil, avocado, nuts all help to increase the feeling of fullness. How about fiber? Veggies are really filling! Eat lots!

You may see the scale bop up just from the sodium, but you may not. It might be worth trying to eat a little more healthy calories to reduce the chance of overwhelming hunger.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:08 PM   #7  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

It's not a fail! It's all about learning from things like this. If the hunger is that strong, I'm not sure what you are eating or avoiding, but it might not hurt to take stock of what you are eating and looking for ways to make the calories stretch a little further, adding a fruit or veggie side to that lean pocket, or finding foods that fit your plan that may be more filling. Especially if this is a recurring thing.

Having produce ready to be used personally helps me a lot too -- when I'm hungry, I definitely don't want to deal with all that washing and chopping business.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #8  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Its best to have your kitchen stocked with healthy stuff. Have something healthy in your freezer, fridge, & cabinets. I always feel like I have to have something after supper, so I eat several (It could be like as many as 5 or more per night) cups of yogurt. I eat Kroger Carb master yogurt. Its 80 cals per container, 1.5 gm fat and 3 carbs. I can eat a lot of em and still not go off plan.

Try to have things like this around at all times so when you are still hungry, you can eat stuff like that to fill you up.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #9  
For Him, For Us.

I was excepting a Big Mac Attack story not lean pockets!
Gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #10  
-.-K!M-.-

S/C/G: 258/253.4/145

Thanks everyone. I'm laughing at some of the responses - you all made me feel a lot better.

Well, I meant FAIL because... I ate TWO dinners. Oh well. I learned from it.
ShutterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #11  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

nezt time you know your super hungry have a tall drink of water the lean pocket and a low fat side maybe some popcorn, fat free cottege cheese, a steam fresh veggie side ) some thing like that this way you feel satisfied 1500 is a tad low ..... i could never be full on just one lean pocket ......... dont feel guilty it happened once ..... it happens to the best of us
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #12  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinpossible View Post
Don't say it was a total fail, it wasn't. It was just one mistake. You could've done a lot worse.
Exactly
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

Please don't feel bad!!! Here is what I did a couple of days ago (HORRORS) I had to go to the doctor for bad shoulder joint pain. I have a pinched nerve so I was prescribed percocet. Well, that night I was hungry and ate not 1 but 5 pieces of cinnamon raisin bread with weight watchers cream cheese on each one!!!!!! I had NO self control! None! Did not think twice! Until the morning...then I was horrified! So I went out for a walk/jog. I blame it on the drugs but it was bad,bad,bad.
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:32 AM   #14  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Don't feel too bad BUT if lean pockets are a trigger for you (don't forget we can just as easily put weight on by eating lots of healthful foods too!) then I'd get rid of them.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote