Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #1  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Default I am having a TOUGH time tonight...

Hi all!
I am, for whatEVER reason, having a tough time this evening staying on plan. I haven't broken my plan (yet) but I am really, really struggling tonight. I don't know why, but all I want right now are those forbidden foods that I don't have the WW points for...just thought I'd vent...maybe posting will help me stay on track...

sigh
Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 05-06-2009 at 08:18 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/222/175

Height: 5'5"

Get out of the house - go for a walk, run an errand (buy toilet paper/kleenex/makeup anything)

try a tall glass of water or better yet hot tea - I find by the time I get the hot tea down I realize I wasn't hungry but bored

man i should really take my own advice most nights! ok we're in this together, don't let me down (don't let yourself down)
kvackkvack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #3  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I'm having the same problem, though I know the cause of mine: PMS. We can beat the cravings!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #4  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Thank GOSH you guys answered! Hanging on by my fingernails! Gonna stay out of the stores right now, but will make some tea and then look at my start weight photos...then watch the end of America's Next Top Model and go to bed EARLY. Better to be unconscious than to be awake and fidgitting...
Thanks guys,

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Sometimes a little mindgame helps me. I tell myself I can have those foods, just not this time. They aren't forbidden, but right now I'm doing an experiment to see what happens if I resist and come out the other side. They'll be around to have some other time, so I don't *have* to have them now. It's kind of the one step at a time approach. I don't think about giving something up forever, just for tonight, just to see what happens.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/178/150 LW:161

Height: 5'6

Im the same way tonight, i just want to EAT! I've used all my WW points and its already close to 9 so im cutting myself off! I know how ya feel though!
vixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #7  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

keep strong! Keep your hands busy, sow or knit or write an email (to anyone, friends, family, even yourself about why you want to say on plan!). You can do it!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/255/150

Height: 5'3"

I've found that nights like these are the best for bubble baths and early bed times! Sometimes there is just no being distracted unless your asleep!
CrissyKClai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #9  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

It must be something in the air tonight i have been having one heck of a time.. I did kinda give in and i ate some cheese Nips.. Not many but a few and then i downed 2 bottles of water to fill me up for now.. I think i will just keep chugging water so i stay full..

Why do we get like that sometimes?? It is weird, i can go forever and not want a thing at night and then all of the sudden i am so hungry at night it is not funny.

Best of luck to everyone that is in the same boat tonight.. Just keep telling yourself that losing the weight is more important then putting it back on..
Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

is everyone struggling tonight? is it a full moon? I've been exercising hard this week so that could be why...

I feel myself sliding off too...I ate a bit more today and I'm still struggling. I had a bit more for dinner thinking that would help and nope, I'm still wanting something. I have a couple of boxes of those 100 calorie packs calling me...I could go through 3-5 bags of those, they are evil.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:03 PM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramira View Post
Thank GOSH you guys answered! Hanging on by my fingernails! Gonna stay out of the stores right now, but will make some tea and then look at my start weight photos...then watch the end of America's Next Top Model and go to bed EARLY. Better to be unconscious than to be awake and fidgitting...
Thanks guys,

Kira
Tea is a very good distraction for me actually. I can't guzzle it because it's hot. It makes me slow down. Takes me out of that frantic "I gotta eat something" state. It takes time, my stomach is good and full and when I'm done with it the cravings have usually passed. It's very often the last thing I consume of the evening. It's my signal that the food is up for the day.

And then I'll go to sleep feeling all good with myself for having stayed on plan yet another day. And not giving into mindless eating that would have made me unhappy.

I have never, ever regretted, not even one time, NOT giving into a craving. Never. Not once. When I do give in - I regret it - each and every time. Never fails.

I hope it worked for you.

Sweet dreams.....
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #12  

Height: 5'11"

I think it's something to do with the time of year -- a lot of the recent threads here seem to be about how people are struggling. I know I've had a rough week, just one week after I didn't make my exercise goal for the week. No matter what I ate last week, I was HUNGRY every day. So hungry that the idea of working out just seemed crazy, and it was a struggle each and every time I did so...this week was no better in terms of exercise, and my diet's struggled, too. Fortunately, something I was dreading finally took place today, which means that I can move forward again in every aspect of my life, including diet and exercise.

Just remember, a new day starts in just a few hours. Time to renew our positive thoughts and get started on our new lives again! Who's with me ?
TheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 300.1/*ticker*/269

Height: 5'6

Another post you started that I'm right on the same wave length! I'm having a terrible time tonight, I just want to eat everything in the house. So instead of doing that here I am, trying to distract myself. Yay for the forum and let's hope we make it the rest of the night!
SmilesIowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:25 PM   #14  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
...I have never, ever regretted, not even one time, NOT giving into a craving. Never. Not once. When I do give in - I regret it - each and every time. Never fails...
Amen Sister! Robin, sometimes I think you can read my mind...I was reading along thinking about what I wanted to say, and bingo, you said it already!

The thing with "cheating" is, that cruddy feeling of self hate/pity/loathing you usually feel, lasts WAY longer than the little tiny "feel good" you get from a cheat. Not worth it...not worth it at all.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post

I have never, ever regretted, not even one time, NOT giving into a craving. Never. Not once. When I do give in - I regret it - each and every time. Never fails.

great words... I'll keep those in mind.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote