Old 05-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/204/150

Height: 5' 10"

Unhappy More questions than answers?

Hi LAWL'ers

I'm having a tough time losing any weight, in fact I seem to be gaining and I would love some help from you.

I went onto Daily Plate (aka Livestrong) this morning to re-adjust my weight, age and activity level and according to them, I have to eat 1671 calories a day to lose - this seems pretty high to me. Does this look high to you?

I've been trying to follow the modified plan 2 with Luna's and haven't seen the scale go down at all. I don't think I have been POP in a while, getting all the food in is a challenge for me. When I have classes or work my part time job, I don't get home until 7 and I remember from the center, they recommended that I shouldn't starch that late.

I do yoga/pilates on Tuesday and yoga for fitness on Wednesdays. The other three days a friend and I try to walk around the lake, 1.6 miles.

I've picked up the slim fast high protein shakes as a meal replacement one time a day. I just started this week and am trying to alternate days with it.

I haven't done a take off in a few months. Maybe I need that jump start?

I would love to hear any thoughts, suggestions, criticisms you have! I'm really stuck and have thought about going back to the center just to make sure I'm on the right track/plan. After I gained and lost the same 3 pounds, I actually quit the center and lost more weight on my own than with them.

Thanks for reading and any feedback you might have!
AngieH75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:01 AM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Both of my trainers always said yoga and pilates are for people who are already thin and don't need to lose weight. I tend to agree with him.

I think you need to up the cardio- you say you walk around the lake, why not start jogging and instead of pilates classes try a few cycling and dance classes instead?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #3  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

If I remember correctly, gold plan is around 1400-1600 cals/day. I never seem to lose when I use Slim-fast, but others have, so maybe it's just my reaction to them. They are pretty high in sugar.

I usually have to be POP or fairly close to it for a good 3 weeks before I start to see continued losses.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote