Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-05-2009, 09:28 PM   #1  
Dipsy Doodle

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'6"

Default What came over me...

ACCK! I was doing so well.. well, sort of.

It's nearing the end of the semester and I won't say that I haven't been stressed, but I don't abuse food when I'm stressed.. well, at least I thought I didn't! Today I was able to get off campus and went to a really exotic shopping market, where I bought a pint of gelato, jalapeno chocolate. Ahhh. I mean, ! I wound up eating the WHOLE PINT.

I HATE those ice cream pints. They're the perfect size for holding and eating..eating... eating until you realize you've ingested 900 calories. I try to avoid them because it's SO easy to just eat the whole thing.

I am really angry at myself ... the only thing I can do I guess is to go to the gym tonight.
smh219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 91/68/65 kg

Height: 172 cm 5ft8

I know what you mean! Honestly in this 6 months ive been lossing weight thats the ONE thing ive learnt. DONT buy it!

If u want some ice cream, buy a tiny bar, not a whole pint because we all know where thats gonna go. Even if its not all in one go, it WILL be finished.

There is no point stresssing over it, hopefully u will learn from this mistake. We all slip up and its OK just dont make it a regular thing.

Icecream is also my weakness so i try to just stay as far away as possible!
tarryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/275/170

Height: 5'5"

Oh man, I love ice cream and I miss it a lot! I feel your pain though, I'm in the middle of finals right now and, unfortunately, I AM a stress eater. Don't even think about getting me in the same room with cookies....

Don't beat yourself up too much, you made a mistake but now you know what to do (or not do) next time. I pretty much have to avoid cookies at all costs!
RachelOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:47 AM   #4  
Dipsy Doodle

Ahh, thanks guys... you're right. We make mistakes and tomorrow is another day *poses like Scarlett*
It's just something that I am learning through this journey. I don't have a lot of self control. I pray that will change.

Good luck Rachel... we can get through our finals without caving in!!!!!

Last edited by smh219; 05-06-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:00 AM   #5  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Simply chalk it up to a simple mistake and jump back on the wagon. I can definitely relate though...Ice Cream is my weakness!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:53 AM   #6  
Dipsy Doodle

Hey guys,
just an update Today I went to the gym and alternated between walking and jogging for 40 minutes I feel a lot better though still daunted by the task of figuring out what and how much to eat.
Also, I noticed something funny. I brought along a book that I had to read for homework - it covered up the time counter on the treadmill. Normally I am ready to jump ship around 30 minutes, but this time I felt like I could have gone on for another 10!!! I chalk it up to being unable to see the timer... hey, I'll have to do that more often.