South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 06:25 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Temptation-Free Tuesday Chat

Good morning. I am outta here in an hour to take my car in to get its new tire. It had to be ordered so I've been driving on one of the old tires.

Today was supposed to be rainy but it looks like a good day out there right now. When I get home, I'll brave the black flies and do some outside work. The township may come this morning to fix the culvert officially but I still need to do a bit of trench clearing to try to get rid of my dog yard flood. I suspect I may need to get my septic system replaced because of the water over the weeping tiles -$7K to $10K. I'm finding it hard to type with my fingers crossed.

The dogs were just delighted to see me when I picked them up at the kennel yesterday. Disney was wiggling, circling and whimpering - she looked like she was having a seizure. I guess rescue dogs worry a lot when they go to a kennel. "Darn it! I'm back in a shelter with all those other dogs. Oh well - it was great while it lasted." Poor thing!

Have a great Tuesday and resist temptations, OK?
Old 05-05-2009, 06:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, too, Ruth. That's a lot of money to have to shell out!

We have a little change in our weather for today. Instead of steady rain, we are only getting drizzle and mist. It makes for nice sleeping weather, but that's all I feel like doing, unfortunately. The plants are loving it, it looks like a tropical rain forest.

I'm going to try to make some Chana Masala for supper, but the directions on the package of spice mix are all in metric measurements, so I have to figure out how to convert them. I understand liters, but on this, everything is in grams. I'm sure I'll figure it out, but I may end up with something totally diffferent than the recipe.

Here's to a temptation-free day!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:00 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies
Fingers Toes and eyes crossed for you Ruth. . .I'd cross my ears but that takes a bit more Talent then I have at 6:55! Give the doggage a snuggle for me!
Cottage/Linda I bet your garden looks amazing! Where did you get the Chana masala? If you love Indian there's a brand called Kitchens of India that has a Great Red Bean Masala
and if you're feeling more adventurous!
I found this site that I'm itching to try some of the recipes
http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/
An Earache awakened me at 4:45 so I got up rocked my hypnotism CD and decided on some Oats a mini box of raisins and some Protein coffee (not exactly Ph 1 or 2 indeed for the raisins but I feel good and uncravy)
Last night I made a yummy ph 2 porkchop and what would have been a yummy ph 2 mushroom sauce if I had smart balance. Dh was amazed!
men are so easy when it comes to food
Today is Jam-packed Lots of editing at work and a club meeting at lunch then cleaning I think tonight. My boss is now on FB so Until I fix my settings no FB from work!
Ok Gotta Hustle to the shower!
Kier
Old 05-05-2009, 07:08 AM   #4  

Good morning to you, KO! I found the Chana Masala in the Indian foods section at Wegman's, and the brand is MDH. That link of yours looks interesting, and I'll have to check it out when I have more time.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:15 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Ruth - I love doggie enthusiasm Hope your weather holds and those darned black flies find another diner!

Cottage - yum, Chana Masala. Yeseterday's email included a recipe for Kitchari with Cauliflower & Peas that I might try tonight. Seems like perfect weather for spicy Indian food.

I'm working from home today. I had planned a day in Boston with DD but the weather isn't good for a walking around town day. We will try again on a nice day.

I'm watching a few evening grosbeaks at our tray feeders. Very exciting for bird watchers as they are a species severely impacted by habitat loss. When I was a kid we had huge flocks but now see just a few maybe once a year.

It's a drippy cool day so I won't be tempted to play outside, a perfect day to produce a newsletter.

ETA good morning Kierie. Hope the earache has gone away. My boss is on FB but not on my friend list.

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-05-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:09 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
My boss is on FB but not on my friend list.
That's funny! Actually, by boss is both on FB and on my friend list. So be careful what you say to me on there!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good morning chicks! Yesterday was a clean P1, go me! Managed to get in a 45 minute walk lastnight and about 30 mins of yoga this morning. Now to just keep it rolling! I have alot of things going on in my personal life that I don't seem to have control over at the moment so it feels good to be able to atleast have this part of my life back in check.

Ruth crossing my fingers that you don't need that septic repair, yeesh that is alot of dough!

Cottage hoping you get to see some sunshine soon!

KO no facebook at work??? Ahhh! Sometimes I need it just to give me a break.

Cyndi good luck with that newletter.

Ok, off to attempt some productivity! Have a wonderful day chicks!
Old 05-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #8  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies....don't have time for personals, so please accept my apologies. My father in law's surgery starts in 30 min. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers today. I'll be sure to update tonight to let you know how he's doing.
Have a great day, Ladies!
BLESSINGS!
Old 05-05-2009, 10:34 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

QUICK hello! Hope everyone is well! I have a little work to do on the computer and then I have to get ready for a noon bridal show! WHEW! Had a great one last night, too! Gonna be a fabulous day!!!!

Hope everyone is OP and feeling fine!

PS Colon cleanse is DIVINE! Thought Schmoodle would want to know.

Lisa
Old 05-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hi, everyone! Running late this morning and then got to the office and jumped straight into stuffing envelopes!

P1 yesterday was a bust, just like DH thought it would be. I'm now on day 1 of P2, just adding in a pre-workout ww tortilla. Yesterday's workout went horribly and it was a 40 min. dvd that I usually have a fairly easy time with.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:02 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

Quick check in for me as I am in class all day.

Hmacneil- lifting your family up in prayer.

No FB at work for me they have the site blocked so no worries about looking at during the day.

Have a great day everyone
Old 05-05-2009, 02:52 PM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi chickies. Happy Cinco De Mayo! In celebration, I will be making some Taco Bake tonight. YUM!

Fingers crossed for you Ruth and for your FIL Hmac.

I went to lunch with a friend today and skipped the brown rice veggie sushi (since I am back on Ph1) and had a nice salad. Yum!

I have to get to the sink full of dishes so there is room for taco baking! It's the one thing I hate about this diet is all the DISHES I have to do

Happy Cinco again!

Last edited by jenne1017; 05-05-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #13  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Just wanted to stop by to let you all know that my father in law's surgery went off without a hitch.
Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:54 PM   #14  

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone! I finally have time to chime in! Being home from work with a horrible sinus infection is really, really boring! I am thankful to have a doctor that could "squeeze me in" today. My appointment lasted all of 3 minutes. Maybe thats a curse of working in the medical field, no explanations just a second opinion. I was sent home with an antibiotic and some steroids that are reaking havoc on me!

I'm going to try and chime in more often. I like seeing how everyone is doing!

hmacneil6, I'm happy to hear your father in-law did well!

Take care all!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

What a frustrating day I've had, I think my brain is on vacation. First, DD and I were convinced that there was a dead animal under the TV stand and it was big, so I called DH all freaked out, and he made me get the broom and pan to get it out of there, and it turned out to be ... a partially deflated black balloon! It surely did look like an animal, so that was a relief, but I know he won't let me forget that one for a while. Then I took DD's computer to her and got home to realize that I had packed up my own work laptop for her (same kind of computer). Since I spent half the day taking her to the doctor, I planned to work tonight to make up for it, but now I can't. I already only had two work days this week, the other three days are all meetings, so now I've lost one so tomorrow had better be doubly productive. I decided to try and get something accomplished by coloring my hair, and put on my smock I always wear to protect my clothes, then realized I'd have to pull my sweater off over my dye-covered head to get in the shower, so I ruined a perfectly good work top. I think hormones are eating my brain.

On the good side I have had two perfectly compliant Phase I days.

DH had a ridiculously huge TV delivered today and wants me to come admire it, so I will go do that and help DS finish his homework then call it a night and hope for better tomorrow.

My boss is on FB too but he is not and never will be on my friend list. That's just asking for trouble!
Heather I'm so glad to hear all went well today.
Weezle, thanks for the update, I was wondering.
Closed Thread