Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 05-05-2009, 09:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Its Cincode Mayo DAY!!!!

What is your favorite Mexican inspired dishes? I, personally am looking for something with out black beans or avocado. I would love to have a Build Your Own Nachos night but not sure how calorie friendly I could make it. I just had fajitas the other night with chicken and lots of peppers and onion. just topped mine with low fat sou cream, lots of salsa, and a little cheese, no tortilla. So yummy
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:02 AM   #2  

I love Mexican foods! Enchiladas are great if made with lean beef, low fat cheese, FF refried beans and La Torilla Factoty tortillas. The enchilada sauce is very low in calories. Top them off with LF sour cream, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, etc!
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:26 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Despite being Mexican, I don't celebrate Cinco De Mayo.

My most recent favorite dish is Kale Enchiladas
http://www.theppk.com/recipes/dbreci...?RecipeID=2062

Otherwise, I'm pretty boring. I love beans. I'm making a large batch in my crockpot today.

(Although there are some other dishes I love that aren't very diet friendly...)

Last edited by nelie; 05-05-2009 at 10:29 AM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #4  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Haha, I'm celebrating Cinco de Mayo the American way... with Southwest Turkey burgers... see, they have guacamole on them and mexican four cheese blend, which clearly makes them Mexican. Oh, and they use pork a lot in Mexican cooking, so my use of bacon is also justified.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLouWho View Post
Haha, I'm celebrating Cinco de Mayo the American way... with Southwest Turkey burgers... see, they have guacamole on them and mexican four cheese blend, which clearly makes them Mexican. Oh, and they use pork a lot in Mexican cooking, so my use of bacon is also justified.
LOL, I had the same cheese on my eggs this morning, along with some mushrooms, yummy
Old 05-05-2009, 02:08 PM   #6  
On a journey

S/C/G: 376/we'll see/180

Height: 5'2"

my fav has to be fish tacos. Grill a nice mahi mahi on the grill in some lime, garlic and cilantro, add to corn tortillas and top with shredded cabbage, and a salsa I make from cilantro that is heavenly!
NorCal Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:38 PM   #7  
~*Lupo di Autunno*~

S/C/G: 162/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Fajitas. Steak or chicken strips with all different colors of peppers and onions folded in fresh tortillas. Later in the summer, I also cook vegetarian fajitas with grilled eggplant, zucchini, and crookneck squash instead of meat.
Wolf Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:08 PM   #8  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Dinner tonight-- ground turkey, onions, soy chorizo, frozen peas, can of roasted tomato and garlic, can of unsweetened corn, can of black beans, salsa, small squeeze ketchup (for the kiddies), in a big pot-- spooned into bowls, topped with tablespoon low fat sour cream.

que bueno

Last edited by kittycat40; 05-05-2009 at 08:09 PM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #9  

tonight I ended up making something I made up...lol shredded chicken seasoned with southwest chipolte seasoning, then added a can of rotel tomatoes, a small can of diced chiles, and 1/4 cup enchilada sauce the I placed that mix in a corn tortilla shell and topped with a litte mexcian shredded cheese, black olives, low fat sour cream and salsa. some fat free refried beans rice and spanish rice on the side.