Old 05-05-2009, 11:18 AM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Red face Le stall is le gone

Hopefully.

Ya ya ya. I know I was not supposed to weigh. I made a big deal of it. I know. I KNOW! But after a long talk with hubby about expectations of weightloss and my feeling and such I decided to just record the number on the "random number generator" (I love that!) and carry on. Day after day. For as long as it wanted to stay at 272.

Then this morning... it was

and I broke my "stall" of 12 days.

Yes!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:20 AM   #2  
On a journey

S/C/G: 376/we'll see/180

Height: 5'2"

Congrats!! The 260 affair has begun!
NorCal Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #3  
Happy Camper

S/C/G: 274/264/220 then re-eval

Height: 6'2"

I'm so happy for you!!!
You stuck to it and it shows
barefootnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #4  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

WOOHOO!!! WOOHOO!!! WOOHOO!!! WOOHOO!!! WOOHOO!!!

A Very Good Day for us both!!!

DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

That is great!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #6  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Good job! (I think that forcing yourself to stay away from the scale would be more traumatic than dealing with the stall!!)
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Stall, no more...... You are AWESOME!!!!!!! I knew you'd do it. And you sure did. You sure did.

By the way, I purposely kept my mouth shut (a rarity, I know) when I saw how you posted about doing away with the scale for a week. I wasn't sure if it was such a great idea. I know where that led to in my past. It was a way of denial and escapism. Facing the scale now, every morning is just part of my routine. It's just what I do. It's part of my health-minded way of life. Some days it makes no sense to me, but I have learned to live with and deal with the "quirkiness" shall we say, of it. When we're doing the "right" thing there is nothing to fear about it. And ya know what, when we're doing the "wrong" thing, nothing to fear either. Perhaps that will shake us up and make us do - the "right" thing. The scale is just one of my tools in the box that I use now to help me be aware that what I do - and don't do. And that each of those choices has consequences. This is my body we're talking about and I want to know what's going on with it. No more ducking from it. Is it perfect? Nope. So be it. Neither am I. We're a match made in heaven.

All right kiddo. You're a two hundred sixty something pound person now. But not for long. Not for long if I know you. Keep up the amazing, amazing work!!!!!

Last edited by rockinrobin; 05-05-2009 at 11:58 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:58 AM   #8  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Le hooray!

Amazing determination and a great result!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #9  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

my friend rockinrobin: if you EVER see me doing something you think is not a good idea. Speak up. Seriously. I admire you and your advice has never led me astray. Ever.

And you know that's what I was worried about with putting the scale away too. And then well if I don't weigh for a week... and if that felt good... why not wait for another week? And then another? You know???
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:12 PM   #10  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

For months, hopping on the scale was my motivation to get out of bed in the morning. I wanted to go read the good news! Then, when the plateau started, I was still doing it most days, but just not excited. I think I'm over the excitement part. It is, what it is. Yeah I was totally excited when I first saw 270.0 this morning, but it faded quickly, and I was just pleased. Pleased is good. Pleased keeps you going. Like Robin says, commitment, not motivation, is key.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
my friend rockinrobin: if you EVER see me doing something you think is not a good idea. Speak up. Seriously. I admire you and your advice has never led me astray. Ever.

And you know that's what I was worried about with putting the scale away too. And then well if I don't weigh for a week... and if that felt good... why not wait for another week? And then another? You know???
Well, you kind of didn't ask for opinions. Sounds like you had already made up your mind and we all need to figure out for ourselves what works and what doesn't. And I'm more then aware that what works for me, could be disastrous to another. And if truth be told, ummm, I kinda knew that you would be hopping back on that scale. I'm glad you figured it out on your own, as I knew you would. And I'm even happier that your stall is finito.

I really figured it was just your normal run of the mill average stall. But could you imagine if it hadn't been? And you avoided that scale?What if it really did last 4 weeks? After about 2 weeks of a stall, I personally would change things up a bit. And if you avoid the scale, you've got no way to know what's happening - or not happening. It's your body. You have the right to know what's going on with it. We've got this tool available to us. It just makes sense to me to use it. With a grain of salt of course. But use it and don't fear it.

Oka,y this whole speech about the scale? It just hit me how funny this sounds coming from someone who hid from that "tool" for close to 15 years. Wow. Habits really can be broken. Tis' a good thing. Cause' I had some really, really bad ones.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #12  

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I weigh daily...it keeps me on track. It keeps me from being able to deny if my weight is creeping up and denying WHY if it is from eating off plan, etc. I know the fluctuations of my weight during certain times of the month and when it is HOT out and I am retaining water and expect the scale to go up then. I just don't allow the scale to affect my mood any more.

Keep doing what you are doing.....
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #13  

Wow. I've been sort of following your weight loss (along with some more people) and you just jumped from 272 straight to 269. You'll pass me in no time if I don't get a move along *smacking myself upside the head*

The way you're losing is just insane (in an awesome way). You'll zip through the 260s too, in no time.
AmberShimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #14  
Tammy73

S/C/G: 254/215/145

Congratulations on getting past your stall.
You're such an amazing inspiration!!!!!
Tammy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:58 PM   #15  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I knew you would bounce back! Yahy!!!!!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote