Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Default lost 0.8 lbs, not sure what to do

Hi!!

Need advice!

I'm happy to say I lost some weight (0.8 lb) than none at all this week.

I'm just not sure what to do.

Before, I thought about cutting my calories from 1,500 calories so I could see if it helps any.

The question is how much?

I work out hard (I do the elliptical 6 days a week for an hour and the machine says I burn an average 6-700 calories. I also do over an hour of total body weight lifting 3 days a week as well) and I count my calories.

I was thinking, perhaps I should try just 1,400 calories this week instead of 1,500? Or maybe 1,300?

My trainer did say I'd be burning a lot of calories by doing the elliptical, archer, and stair master.

So what should I do? They say u need to eat more to burn more. Should I try 1,400 calories since I seem to be just losing .5-1 lb on average the last 2 weeks? Or less or more?

I also understand as I get closer to my target goal, my weight loss will slow down more. So was eating 1,500 correct to begin with??

I'm one confused 3fatchickie! LOL.

I guess *help!* would be more appropriate to say!

Advice/suggestions?

Thanks!

~ tea

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 05-04-2009 at 01:48 PM.
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

My advice is to celebrate your .8 lb loss. The thing is, you cannot expect to lose 2 lbs a week, every week. It just isn't feasible, particularly if you've lost quite a bit already, which you have.

I'd say that what you're doing NOW is working, and there is no need to tweak...or to worry!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #3  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hi there!
It is really enlightening if you graph your weight loss. I use a free online tool at www.fridgegraph.com. This is so that I can keep all my variables the same and then I can see what happens. I've found that, while on WW, my weight loss pattern is on a consistent 4 week cycle like this: wk1=-2.0, wk2=-1.5, wk3=-1.0, wk4=0.0 or +0.5. This has happened to me since January, once my weight was around 200lbs (whereas before it was fast and consistent). My weight loss graph looks scalloped, but OVERALL I am consistently losing weight at a safe rate. So I'm not tweaking anything.
This might be a good tool for you, because this LOSS of -0.8 lbs (almost a pound) may be simply a reflection of your monthly cycle, or water retention. You might be tinkering with your diet too soon, because what you are doing seems to be working! I'm with Ms. Mandalinn!
Just a thought,
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I'm at a similar point in my weightloss journey and in discussion with my doctor have decided that I'm at that point were weightloss will be slow. I want to lose 6 more kg (about 13lbs) and my GP agreed that it could take me 6 months to lose it. Providing the scale is still going down then I'll stick with what I'm doing (my range is 1400 -1500 cals a day). I am reluctant to go any lower as if I do I think I will have problems maintaining my loss.

I think I could live for life on 1500 cals but don't think I can on 1200, so I'm determined not to go to a level that's unsustainable long term.

I too lost .8 this week so let's celebrate together

Kitty

Last edited by KforKitty; 05-05-2009 at 07:08 AM.
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:15 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I'm with Amanda. Stick with what you're doing. Because apparently, it is "working". You can do the very same thing and get 3 different results 3 weeks in a row. Next week can bring you a completely different number. Could be more of a loss or could be less.

You are satisfied with what you're eating now, right? Weren't you hungry eating less? For now, I'd stick tight. You always have time to re-asses a few weeks from now.

Oh - and congratulations on the loss! That's right - the loss!!!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:27 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Stick with it. No changes needed!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Another vote for sticking with it. You're doing great!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

I would stick with it as well. I remember when I was 180 pounds and wanting to loose 40, the weight came off so slow. At some point you just slow down as your body has to work harder to loose that fat because you HAVE LESS fat than you did before.

I'm 280 pounds and moving around all this weight, so I loose a bit faster right now. However, I will say that I am not loosing as fast as I did when I was 340 pounds. I have a feeling for me personally, that when I hit around the 230s it is going to slow quite a bit. As I get closer and closer to my first goal, 170, it is going to slow down a lot.

Last edited by Jacquie668; 05-05-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote