Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-01-2009, 02:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Default May 2009 Runners

Hey ladies. Started a new thread for the new month. I start trainging for the 10K on monday. Today I am just going to run a couple miles and cross train I think.

MBN - I noticed that you said you only run 4 days a week. Maybe I should try that and get a little more rest. IDK. I seem to feel like if I have free time I should be running...haha

SWS - Good luck tomorrow

Shananigans - I hope you are feeling better darling
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:01 PM   #2  
No description available.

bump
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Ahh I missed it, thanks Midwife
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

At least somebody's on the ball around here. It isn't me, I'm afraid...

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:39 AM   #5  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Cakebatter: I only run 4 days a week, but I do a lot of cross-training on the other days. I do cardio, strength training, swimming, yoga, and other sports like hiking and kayaking. Running is great, but too much of the same anything isn't always great.

SWS -- how did you do??
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:09 AM   #6  
the skies way bigger.

S/C/G: 66/61/50

Height: 5'3"

Hihi, can I jump in?

I've gotten myself into a nervous fix. I've signed up for a 10k in July, but as a person who use to fail the running portion in my physical tests previously, I still have a long way to go! So from now till July, I'll be running whenever I can squeeze in a time for it.

Trying to up my distance from a 5k (that's when I'm beat/bored) to a 6.5k.. and slowly increase from there. Hope I make it out of the race alive!

Goal for race: To run 10k in + - 1hr.
lixximajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:04 AM   #7  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi all! Mind if I join?

I started running in March - I have never run before and like lixximajig, used to fail the running tests in P.E. class! I am training for my first 5k in September, and am up to running about 15 minutes without needing a break right now. I live in Colorado so the hardest part for me is the darn hills!! I run about 3x a week right now, with weight training/cross training in between.

My husband and I run the 5k route at least once a week... am up to twice a week now. Today is a run day.. and the weather should be fantastic!

Have a great start to the week, everyone!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Wow, I finally got out and ran again this morning. I can't believe I've been delinquent!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

hey everyone!
the 5K went perfectly fine. it was supposed to be cold and rainy that day but luckily the weather held out and actually turned into a beautiful day. so the answer is that running outside and weaving between all the walkers actually added about 5+ mins to my time, but i can definitely live with that.
i'm presently considering a change in my exercise strategy. the last couple months i've been doing slow and steady state jogs for about 50-60 mins (so 5 to 6 miles). this is really time consuming and i'm not even sure if it's doing anything for me. really haven't lost any weight in a couple months. so i'm considering going back to 2 miles of sprint intervals and 1 mile jog which is what i was doing before the shin splint situation sidelined me for all of march. i just want to expedite my weight loss situation while not spending hours upon hours upon hours at the gym. i figure this way i'm only the treadmill for about 30-40 mins and then can do some weight training stuff. when i do 70 or so mins on the treadmill i tend to start skimping on the other stuff cause i'm hungry and want to go home. is it possible that running about half the distance but using HIIT and then a little more with the strength training might actually help move things along?
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

sws - Glad to hear it went well. I wish I could answer you quetstion w/ expertise....but MBN or Anne will catch that one....lol

MBN - Thanks as usual. I am starting the 10K / HM training today sooooo wish me luck.

To all the new girls welcome!
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 142/136/120

Height: 5'3

Is it to late to join? I'm a newbie around here who lovessss to run and hopes to do a half-marathon by the end of the summer! You are all such inspirations to get out there on those tough days and just go for it! One thing I've learned is that no one EVER regreted going for a run... hihi so true!

Lately I've been doing long 10k runs once a week to get my endurance back up from the break I took this winter (running in -30C weather sucks...) and biking 4x a day. I want to get some speed now!

Good luck to everybody, we can do it!
Patchmaxnala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:41 PM   #12