Old 05-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Red face Keep me accountable

I'm breaking up with my scale for a week. I've lost nothing for the last 9 days (got down to 270.8 and then up from there) and I'm getting frustrated. SO scale is going downstairs until my period is done and my head is in a better space. Because right now it's just upsetting me.

SO

If you see my weight ticker change? You know I'm cheating. Come and kick my butt please
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #2  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Hello my dear; welcome to my world. I PROMISE I did NOT put a voodoo hex or anything on you to keep you from whooshing past me!!!!!!

I am POSITIVE you are not going to stall for as long as I have.

Remain calm. All is well.

You know, 2 and 7 are my lucky numbers (or were). Maybe that's why I got stuck at 272?
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #3  
nirvikalpa samadhi

Well, it occurs to me, maybe this is a good place to talk about my current attempt at stall breaking.

I've tried several things since I stalled on Valentine's Day, a meat-and-eggs fast, more water, less sodium, and joined a gym. I have lost almost three full sizes during the stall, which makes no sense at all, but there you go. My HOPE is that, internally, my cells which previously were full of fat are now full of water...thus shrinking, but not getting any lighter...maybe I'm fooling myself.

But, seriously, who weighs 270 lbs, is 5'8 and wears a size 18 misses? I mean, really??? I ought to be wearing a tight 22 or a loose 24, not an 18! And I just bought a pair of 18 Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, so I'm actually smaller than a Lane Bryant 18 now...jeez.

So my latest stall breaker is called The Texas Low-Carb Elimination Diet. (You can google it.) It's pretty sucky, but I think it's doing something. I was back down to 271.4 this morning in my 2nd full day on it. But the BEST part is ~ IT HAS CURED MY LEG EDEMA. I suspect the culprit in stalling my weightloss, and making my legs swell, has been decaf coffee. I don't drink much, but looking back, I have had it pretty much every single day for years...it's the only consistent item in my diet. I'm afraid it's probably going to have to go...which is sad, but I'm OK with it because I'd rather lose weight and have normal legs and ankles.

So, Tammy, sending you lots of love and hugs because you deserve them, and because you really are just on a temporary stall. Give your system time to adjust a bit ~ you have been dropping weight like a MADWOMAN so maybe your body and scale need a little vacation! (On plan of course, just mentally relaxing and not worrying about it. Ohmmm!)
Old 05-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #4  
NEVER EVER going back

Thank you so much DC. So so so much. Your support means the world to me. It really does. I've been staying totally on plan, lots of water, low sodium. I think it's just a stall. I also ramped up my walking so maybe my leg muscles are holding on to water... I'm not sure. I'll keep trekking for a bit and see what happens.

I got my period today so I'm bloated, crampy and just blergy.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:46 PM   #5  
nirvikalpa samadhi

If it helps at all, I have lost many, many inches during my stall. You'll be fine! You're doing great!! But you know that.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHound View Post
But, seriously, who weighs 270 lbs, is 5'8 and wears a size 18 misses? I mean, really??? I ought to be wearing a tight 22 or a loose 24, not an 18! And I just bought a pair of 18 Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, so I'm actually smaller than a Lane Bryant 18 now...jeez.
I surely don't know! I wore a size 18 at 195 pounds (5'7")! I'm guessing you're not a pear shape
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: S 299/C 247/G 140

Height: 5'6"

Default Don't Worry

cfmama,

Do not worry, the scales will come down for you. But I do not blame you for sticking the scales in the basement, time for a break from them.

Before my tom last month I stopped losing. Then during I gained a couple pounds, but I knew tom was to blame. After tom had left I was anxious to see how much weight I had lost because I had been working out and eating right. Total bummer, gained 3 lbs. But, two days later I dropped 8 lbs. So hang in there and you will see changes on the scale soon.

You are doing so well.

Candy
CandaceG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:31 AM   #8  
Think Thin

How do you add the tracker at the bottom?
Foll0wyourbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:49 AM   #9  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Rooting for the soon to be ex 270ers! You're both so inspirational, and so focussed that you will get there, honest!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:41 AM   #10  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Tammy, you've been on plan for so long....sounds like you need a mental break from the Random Number Generator That Lives In Your Bathroom.

DC, I looked at that diet--sucky is a good word for it! But if it gets you moving, it could be just the trick.

FollowYourBliss: I think you have to have a certain number of posts before getting a tracker at the bottom.

This post does make me wonder--why are we so focused on a number on a scale? I mean, we don't walk around with our number flashing on our forehead. People just see that we are either bigger or smaller compared to them. Numbers can be deceitful, especially on a scale.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:31 AM   #11  
nirvikalpa samadhi

I was down to 271.0 this morning, another .4 of a lb lost ~ I'm afraid to get excited, but I'm kind of a bit excited.

Quote:
I'm guessing you're not a pear shape
Julie, I used to be an apple when I was in my 20s but became an hourglass in my early 30s and still am. I wear a 14/16 top and 18 bottom. In fact I have a friend who's about an inch and a half taller than me, weighs 195-ish, and we trade clothes all the time as we wear the exact same size. How whack is that?!?! Of course, my arms and legs are much bigger than hers, but my waist measurement's actually smaller...bodies are weird.

Quote:
why are we so focused on a number on a scale
Well, for me, I've tried to hang loose for the last 3 months, waiting on them to catch up with how loose my clothes were getting...but those numbers are NOT MAKING SENSE. That's #1. #2, it's totally awesome to weigh 271 and wear an 18...but come on, it's not possible to weigh 271 and wear an 8. Or a 10. So those numbers have to start going down at some point! I'm trying to trip the mechanism to get them going south NOW. I'm soooooooooo ready to not be fat any longer!!!!

(((((((Tammy))))))) how you doing today?

Last edited by DCHound; 05-04-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #12  
NEVER EVER going back

Yep. I'm a size 20 jeans, 5 foot 4 and 271 lbs. I SHOULD BE more like a 24... but... I have a lot of lean muscle mass.

I feel like crap today DC. I came down with the flu yesterday and my bones ache, chills, headache and high fever. Blerg. I talked to my doctor and he says it's most likely the 200 DAY FLU that most of our town has had all winter. Lovely. It just comes and goes... which explains why I've been sick most of the season.

My scale is in the basement in hubbies shop. I have no urge to step on it. I'm going to stay on plan and enjoy a weeks break from it.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #13  
nirvikalpa samadhi

Oh that sounds yucky. Don't worry about the scale, focus on you. Get as much rest as you can.

Whatever it is about the weight vs. size thing, we both seem to have it ~ cool huh.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #14  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

What?!! You're 271 and size 20? Im jealous!!!! But seriously you are doing so well!! Keep your head up and Im sure you will see results very soon........
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:47 PM   #15  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

cfmama, I hope you feel better soon!

Yea bodies and clothes sizes - I'm 191lbs (or hopefully less, tomorrow is Random Number Generator day) but have no muscle tone whatsoever, beyond what is physically necessary to function - but I start gym on Weds, so that may improve. I'm a total apple, with slender legs. If I wear a big, smocky top, I look like a ball of wool with a pair of knitting needles stuck in it.
Sizewise - 18 elastic trousers, 22 - 24 top. Sigh.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote