View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 04:32 PM   #14
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Kaplods, I am sorry for the bad experiences you have had with some of your doctors.

I had one doctor where I actually brought it up. I told him "Listen, I have gained weight, and I want to get back down to where I used to be" and his response was... "Yeah, well, don't we all." I had to push him to get him to say anything else, and all that came out was "lower your calories by 100 a day. when you plateau, lower them again."

Personally, I would want a doctor like my old boss had. He told him "we're gonna get you to a healthy weight, 5 lbs at a time." and he would have my boss come in at the end of every month and weigh him free of charge, and hold him accountable for those 5 lbs a month. It took 5 minutes of his doctor's time a month, and after a year my boss was off of his blood pressure medications and much healthier and more active. Maybe that doctor was just special, and there aren't many others out there like that...

Aneleh, I think you are right- doctors here aren't big proponents of preventative medicine.

LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote