Old 05-03-2009, 04:16 AM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default No longer in full sail!

For some weeks now my work shirts have been flapping around so I look like a galleon under sail but my next size down has been too close fitting.

As of today, I'm back into the next size down! TBH, it feels a bit uncomfortable, and I have to keep checking in the mirror that it looks all right. It's the unaccustomed sensation of wearing something that fits, rather than something that is big and baggy, pretending to be camouflage but we all know that big and baggy just looks big and baggy.

They are oddly sized shirts, I've abandoned the UK26 for a UK24, when I can wear UK20 tops and UK16/18 bottoms in normal clothes but hey.

I've only got the one shirt in this smaller size, so I'll hang onto the 2 sails for a couple of weeks just in case of laundry emergencies. The, what a bonfire!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:10 AM   #2  

Height: 5'11"

Congratulations! I hope to be down a size soon; I went to town yesterday to try on the next-smallest size jeans because my current ones are HANGING on me, but alas, it's not time yet for the smaller ones (serious muffin top). My bra is also too big; the poor girls are just kind of hanging there in these big pockets of fabric, but again the smaller size is too tight so they'll have to hang for a couple more weeks.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Congratulations! I bet you look wonderful in your smaller shirt.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Woo hoo! Congratulations, what a great feeling it must be to be down a size!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Going down in size is awesome!! Good for you!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:58 PM   #6  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Hehe, "full sail," I love it! I was worried at first, because the title made me think the post would be able having "the wind taken out of your sails" (so to speak), and I was prepared to offer up support and hugs... But what a pleasant surprise to read instead that you've dropped a size in your work shirts! WTG missy! And I think you'd better get used to that feeling of showing off your hot new body in clothes that really hug each curve!! I never would have thought I'd go after clothes that fit snugly like that because they tend to put each little roll on display, but now I love wearing things that *really* show where my waist is, heh...
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #7  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Watch out for gusts! You might blow away!
Way to go!
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote