Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 01:24 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#227

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 10-13-2002, 03:01 PM   #2  
You and Me in 2003

Hello chickies
I'm home from my trip I have to go back and catch up on all the posts. But first I have to shop for food. I'll be back.
Old 10-13-2002, 05:48 PM   #3  
a work in progress...

Hi folks...

It sure is quiet round these here parts!

I just stuck my dinner in the oven...pork loin with roasted potatoes. I smothered the loin with mashed garlic, sage, salt and pepper, surrounded by quartered potatoes which I first stuck in a ziploc bag and poured 1T olive oil over and squished the bag around til they were covered. The smell is heavenly. I like for dh to walk in from work and be greeted by a yummy smell. I was going to make Apple Crisp, but my son and I made chocolate chip cookies instead. I'm shocked (and pleased) to announce that while I did consume 2 cookies, they were the onlytwo cookies I ate! For me...the ultimate test of strength and willpower!!

I was going to do a nice long postie..but I think I'm going to veg on the couch instead...

see ya'll later
Old 10-13-2002, 09:41 PM   #4  

So, are we all ready for Monday???????

I don't have to work tomorrow - well, not at work anyway. I think I will rake and put up my snow fence tomorrow besides some putsy cleaning in the house.

Tina....I will be expecting the "Tony Report"; Thin...how were those movies and bras; Baylee....hope your body is doing better...Kat...when do you want to chat again....or should I say for the first time????...Mary...how was the geneology; j-ann...2Cute...Michelle...Duckie...Sara...Tonboy... MichelleNH...lets here your weekend reports....
Old 10-13-2002, 10:56 PM   #5  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys!

I know it's been like two weeks, I didn't have my computer set up :/ I am back though. Hmm, I'll just start by saying hi to all the regulars...

I'd been doing the point system from weight watchers...well my mom and aunt just rejoined last tuesday, so i have the extra support right there - I also just got another job so as it turns out i will be that much more active...for some reason diets seem easier to follow when you have a busier lifestyle...i know that sounds contradictory, but for me it is...when i am busier i am much more likely to try and "squeeze" everything into my routine.

Mom and I are going driving through backroads in the morning...hope to get some pretty leaf shots, I'll post them for you all!

Hmm..oh! I've lost five pounds, heh heh.
Old 10-13-2002, 11:26 PM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Just a quickie before I turn in. I should be doing paperwork yet tonight, but I'm just too tired.

Finished with the movie jobs. Saw Moonlight Mile with Susan Suranden (sp?) and Dustin Hoffman. It was good/alright. It was a drama about this couple whose only child/daughter is killed and how her fiance is staying at their house for the funeral and stuff. It's really a story about being honest about yourself and your dreams and being able to get on with life.

We saw The Tuxedo tonight with Jackie Chan. I can't tell you a thing about it because I slept through most of it.

My guys saw Knockaround Guys with Vin Diesel last night. They said that it was pretty good. I swear they didn't let me see it too so I would miss getting to look at Vin Diesel.

Well, girls, gotta hit the bed. I need to get up early tomorrow morning to do paperwork since I'm not staying up tonight to do it. Love to all.
Old 10-14-2002, 02:37 AM   #7  

Default Hiya Gang!

Whew! I have had a FULL weekend! It's Thanksgiving here in Canada (everybody has Monday off as well) so we went out dancing AGAIN... for the third night in a row! Please... no congrats on the exercise this time; I danced but I also DRANK (not too much though) so it all kinda evens out... I hope! I actually bumped into my piano students' parents at the club. THAT was strange! All of a sudden I was completely professional when, two minutes before, I was jumping up and down on the dance floor!

Mel... I was wondering where you disappeared to! Congrats on the five pounds lost! It DOES help to have the support others who are eating healthy, huh? That's what all you guys are to me!

Thin... Sounds like you had a busy working weekend. Refresh my memory for a second... what exactly do you DO when you do a "movie job"?

Kat... Your post made me hungry! Yeah for you for only having two cookies! It does take a lot of will power to have only a little of something. For me, it's sometimes harder to resist something AFTER having a bit of it... so I have to stay completely away lest those two cookies turn into seven!

Mary... Nice to have you back! Hope your grocery trip went well. I did my shopping today too and came back with stuff to make a shrimp and broccoli chinese stir-fry; we can tell from the recipe that it's super healthy but we've never actually had it before. We're giving it a try tomorrow (Monday) night for dinner. Yum!

Lucky... Have fun relaxing on your day off. You know... raking, cleaning, assembling snowfences... all that relaxing stuff!

Baylee... Ow! I really hope your hip is feeling better! It must be SO aggravating/painful! Your post DID make me smile though... I think it's funny that you're too spooked to go into your basement at night! I TOTALLY understand your feeling though... but it's still funny!

Well, seeing as how it's 2:45am... I should start to think about going to bed! Chat with all you chickies tomorrow!

Sara
Old 10-14-2002, 07:43 AM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello all
Well let me catch you up on the news
We left Thurs. instead of Friday we drove part way and stoped for the night at a nice hotel.
We got up Friday morning at 5:30 had a wonderful continental breakfast at the hotel and left out for Little Rock. We arrived about lunch time. They had a hot tub that wasn't very hot but it was ok. Only got in it once. I had two classes FRi night wih a reception in between with cake and punch. I bought lots of new books for our genealogy collection. On Sat. morning DH got up with a stomach virus. I went down for breakfast and on to the seminar. The planners provided a nice luncheon. When the seminaar was over I was so tired that we stayed at the hotel and ate in the hotel resturant. I got up Sunday morning with a bug and we left for home.

Hope all of my fellow chickies had a good week-end

Son got a call about the job has to go take another test for a job today..

It is getting cooler here I put our comforter on the bed last night they say it may be 39 Sat morning.

Well I better go grab a shower I have to go back to work today. You know I actually missed it while I was off.
Old 10-14-2002, 08:54 AM   #9  

Hi Ladies,

Well I did really good all week, and then my girlfriends and I went to Red Lobster for lunch on Saturday. Luckily that is all I ate that day. It was probably 2000 calories by itself. But, I didn't eat all of it I had him box up quite a bit and I didn't drink anything but water the whole weekend! That is really good for me. If you knew me you would be jumping up and down. I can drink 3 (16 ounce pepsi's in one day) and a glass or two of wine a night! It has been going on 4 weeks now with no alcohol. I worked out Sunday and I usually do 4-5 days a week. If I can get my eating under control, the weight would fly off, but food is a constant struggle for me. But that is why I am here to learn and get support for you ladies.

Can anyone tell me how do I get a hold of the list of foods weight watchers has and their points system. Do I have to join weight watchers to get that? Thanks so much to everyone here.

Have a great day.
Old 10-14-2002, 12:02 PM   #10  

Ran across this and liked it....wanted to share:

Don't kid yourself. If you eat a Twinkie, your thighs know. If you sneak a Pepsi, your belly knows. If you eat a Ring Ding, your butt knows. If you go to the gym, your muscles know. If you eat a healthy diet, your organs know. If you drink water, your blood knows. If you smile, the world knows!
Old 10-14-2002, 12:06 PM   #11  
a work in progress...

I just got back from the dentist...always fun, first thing in the morning! This was strictly a cosmetic visit though... meaning, no pain! He fixed an old bonded tooth and replaced a few silver fillings with white...I can't wait til my lip stops drooping so I can see my "New and Improved" smile!

Tontoy...I KNOW you had some of those awesome cheddar/garlic biscuits at Red Lobster! Aren't they wicked? Good job on the soda and the wine. I think you actually have to join to get the "official" list from WW, but I can give you the basics:
MOST vegetables (meaning, the non-starchy ones) are 0 points..., fruits are generally 1 point each, except banana (2), you must have at least 5 fruit/vegs a day. Try to fill up as much as you can on the "0" point veggies. Have some sort of lean protein at each meal. Have 2 servings of milk/day: 8 oz low fat or ff milk, or yogurt. Drink at least 8 cups of water a day. Check out the WW website, but I'm not sure how much info they'll give you without subscribing...but the message boards should have lots of info, as do the WW message boards here. Good Luck!

OK, Tina... Give us the scoop...How's Tony? Most importantly...Did you resist the Slobbering Sandwich??? Missed you!

Michelle... How was the visit? Your folks must have been thrilled to spend time with Andrew!

Lucky... I will follow your lead and get my butt outside to do some yard work...the sun finally found it's way back to us, but it's a bit chilly out there...only 51 degrees. Good soup weather. I'm making a batch of vegetable soup today and some whole wheat bread in the bread machine...mmm! Come on over!

Sara... Dancin' Queen! I think all that dancing cancels out the drinking calories! It SHOULD, anyway! You know...another way to burn calories is to get your butt into bed at night with your cute hubby, instead of sitting at the computer at 2:45 am!!!! just a thought....

Thin... I hope you're getting your much deserved rest today. Or, catching up with your paper work...thanks for the review...I thought I wanted to see Moonlight Mile, (I love Susan Sarandon) but it looks like a bit of a downer...My son wants to see the Tuxedo...I'm always up for a nap! Can't eat any popcorn that way.

Baylee...I wouldn't go into the basement at night either, (if I had one!) No, my washer and dryer are in my kitchen. I WISH I had a laundry room. I hope your hip is feeling better!

Mary... I hope you and dh are feeling better. Sounds like a busy weekend...sometimes it's good to get back to the regular routine of work...especially if you like your job!

Meliss... I was wondering what had become of you! Great job on the 5# off! You rock! I know exactly what you mean about squeezing everything into a busy routine...no time to think, just do! It's good to have someone doing the same plan with you...good lucK!

SweetPea Geez, I almost forgot! I wanted to tell you that you are in my prayers...good luck with the MRI...I hope that it shows some improvement. You seem to have a wonderful, positive attitude. Take care.

Okay...who's missing? Duckie, J-ann, 2cute, Steph...I know there's more...come on down and join the fun...It's a new week, it's Fall, great weather for walking, raking, anything outdoorsy...before it gets TOO cold!

Here is my Motivation Monday quote...

The first wealth is health.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have a great Monday, gals!
Old 10-14-2002, 12:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

I'm here. Weekends seem to be really busy as of late. No time to get on the computer at all. I now bowl in a league with my son(he's 4) on Sunday nights so by the time we're done, it's dinner time, then bath time, then bed time for the kids. So anyway, I'm happy to report another 2 lb loss Now I'm 92 lbs from my long term goal and only 53 lbs away from onederland. It will be a happy day when I step on the scale and the number starts with a 1 instead of a 2. I can now say that I can fit into a size 22 jeans comfortably. Can't wait to be able to wear regular size jeans and shop in regular stores. Just finished my WATP 3 mile tape and still feeling energetic so I think I'm going to strap the kids in the stroller and go for a nice brisk walk. It's a perfect fall day and I want to get out and enjoy it. I'll try to check back in later.
Steph
Old 10-14-2002, 12:43 PM   #13  

Good Monday Morning Lady's and Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadian's.

Well I decided to come into work this morning, just so I can get some over time, always need the extra money. Not much to do, just wasting some time. We haven't had our Thanksgiving dinner yet, we'll be having it tonight around 5, so I got to weigh in for last week with out the extra burden of a big dinner sabatoging my efforts.

I'm kinda of pee'd off at the scale this morning, I thought I did everything right last week, didn't pig out, chose healthy foods, drank lots of water, Stayed below 1500 cal per day, as well as I did 6 days straight of WATP one mile tape, so I was hoping for an awsome loss. I'm not to upset just expecting more, my lost for last week was 2 lbs, which is okay, except the week before I lost 5lbs, ate the same and didn't excersise at all, this week I ate good, did my excersise's and only lost 2lbs, go figure. Maybe I'm not eating enough, I know some day's I only get about 1000 to 1150 cals in, what's a girl to do. But my total lost is now 30lbs, so that's good. Won't stress it, will just continue trying. At least it's a loss not a gain.

Well if I want to leave work early I better get to work,
Old 10-14-2002, 04:03 PM   #14  

Angry Just Chickin' In!

Hiya Gals!

I'm just killing a few minutes waiting for my hubby to finish up what he's doing so we can go take a walk on one of the nature trails not far from our house. Mel's post inspired me to get out there and enjoy autumn!

Duckie... I COMPLETELY understand how you feel about doing EVERYTHING right and only loosing 2 pounds. It's hard for us to realize that 2 pounds is still AWESOME!!! I'm feeling exactly like you this week. I snuck a peek at the scale this morning (WI is SUPPOSED to be WEDNESDAY) and the stupid little needle hadn't moved since my last WI! I have been SO careful with my food this week (other than those few lowest possible calorie drinks at the bar)! I THINK it's important for us to understand that our bodies sometimes need to adjust to things, have a monthly cycle, etc. but, OVERALL, if we do healthy things for our body, we will get results in the long term. We all wish that every week we could drop 5 pounds but, sometimes, doing exactly the same thing, we only loose 1. That's the way our bodies work.

Oops... gotta get the phone! Chat with all you ladies in a bit!
Sara

Last edited by SaraJoy; 10-14-2002 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-14-2002, 04:33 PM   #15  

Well, I raked for 3 1/2 hours and am pooped...just showered and had to check if there were any posts....good thing I usually am at work...it can really be a temptation to know I can come here anytime

I, also read this today and it is playing in my head...

When you take control of your body, you gain control of your life and open the door to your best self. Not just physically but mentally and spiritually.

The When you take control of your body, you gain control of your life keeps me thinking.

What do you all thinks of this???? IT seems so profound .... Maybe I just needed to see this in print.

Well, I have to find something to eat. I will be checking on all of you a little later.
Closed Thread