Old 02-28-2009, 10:45 PM   #1  

Default What's up with the 200+ calorie Wonderslim meals?

Hello! I am currently on Medifast, but after reading this forum, am considering including some Wonderslim and/or NLS meals. All the increased soy is affecting my monthly cycles, and I can't stomach soy based shakes/puddings. (But I like whey based.)

Anyway, I was perusing the Wonderslim products, and I am completely baffled by the dishes like Mac & Cheese and the Fettuccine Alfredo. The have like 30g of carbs and 200+ calories. That seems substantially higher than the values for a meal replacement on most of the programs.

Are these meals (the Wonderslim ones that come 3 to a box) meant to be used in some other fashion?

Appreciate the help!
lazygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #2  

Not sure, but I would assume that they are meant to be used as part of the Lean and Green Meal, with a salad. The carb content is high. Not sure if carbs can be kept under 100gm per day, when adding the 5 or 6 supplements. I am on Medifast/WS but I don't use those products at all. I just joined this forum, my reason for a delay in trying to answer your questions.
sunnywarmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:20 PM   #3  
Let's go LEAN!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I have switched over to using WS and while these pasta meals look really good, I do not order them! Not worth it. I limit myself to the products with less than 20 carbs, and try to buy the 15 or less ones. The WS yogurt smoothie shakes are fabulous- and only 7 carbs- better than any MF shake!
AshleyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Ok, this is just my take on things...but it looks like to me that the WonderSlim plan is more of a high protein diet, not super low carb diet. They claim "no carb counting" and there sample meal plan includes 2 starch servings and 1 fruit (http://www.dietdirect.com/weight_loss_program.aspx), so I think it would be hard to stay around 80-100 carbs like many people do that are on Medifast. When you look at their multi-week starter kits, they don't contain the higher calorie pastas, just the ones that have around 130 calories each. Dietdirect has different products from many different companies, so the higher calorie pasta dishes look like they are more of an option for those creating their own plan.

When you go to the NLS website, they are the same products as WonderSlim, but their meal plan is more like Medifast and carb concious. They say that everything is interchangable, but they do not offer the higher calorie pastas. Hope this helps.

Last edited by babes315; 05-26-2009 at 02:08 AM.
babes315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #5  
Let's go LEAN!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I agree, Babes. You can interchange products and still use the Medifast plan/concept of 800-1000 cals, 80-100 carbs, low fat, high protein, but you have to do more counting and tracking on your own. I started interchanging due to boredom with the food and to avoid burnout and abandoning the plan altogether. Now, I'm sort of tired of many of the WS and other direct direct products, so I'm trying some Eat-Rite things off vivalocarb! Pizzas, wraps for 6-8 carbs but the calories are around 200 so I'll not be eating 5 or 6 meals. You've gotta just do what works for you and what you can live with!

Oh, I just checked out the NLS website and the food options. I guess I've been following this plan lately! It includes the lower carb pasta meals and other entrees. The ratings listed for the products on dietdirect.com are really accurate! If they have only 3 stars overall... not so good... i.e. the chicken marinara (fake chicken, funky), the soy meat stew (weirdness!), but once a product hits 4 stars, it's almost guaranteed to be yummy -- veg. sloppy joe mix (I was scared of it at first, but it is really good all by itself!). The BariWise crunchy bars are dangerous... I've ordered them... They're 18-21 carbs, and 160-190 cals, and are TOOooo good. Don't go there!!! lol

Last edited by AshleyA; 05-07-2009 at 05:22 PM.
AshleyA is offline   Reply With Quote