Old 05-02-2009, 02:33 PM   #1  
liker of giants.

S/C/G: 235/189.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default Meetings at Hospitals

I just feel frustrated that most of the meetings in my area are in hospitals. I went the other night and the next day my kiddo was sick. She probably isn't sick because I was hanging out at the hospital for an hour, but now that she is sick I don't want to risk bringing any cooties home. I guess I have to wait a few days for a church meeting. Sigh.
Mama K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #2  

Any time you sit in a small room with a bunch of people, hold hands, etc you are in a more vulnerable place for picking up stuff- whether in a church meeting room or a hospital meeting room. I understand the need to vent, but try to look at the up side if you can- that there are in fact meetings where you are. Many post here and are frustrated by meetings an hour or more away if not further, or very very few meetings. Hang in there!
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #3  
rainy

Hey, it's not that sure you picked that up at the hospital, kids get sick and that's normal. I'd suggest you continue going to your meetings and carefully wash your hands (even twice) as you come home.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #4  

Mama K, I agree with the above. Just wash your hands lots before and after and don't take on your child being sick. In my humble opinion that's giving yourself a lot of power you probably don't have at this point. Keep going to meetings, I'm one of the one's that only has one a week to go too and would love more.

hugs
patd
patd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #5  
liker of giants.

S/C/G: 235/189.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks for responding. I think I was just having a moment of temporary swine flu insanity. I am not in a panic about it, but then I thought maybe I am UNDERREACTING. I was thinking that if she got sick because I didn't take it seriously how could I live with myself!

Goodness gracious.

I feel better now. I am lucky that there are meetings here 6 days a week. Very lucky.
Mama K is offline   Reply With Quote