Old 05-01-2009, 04:37 PM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Cool We're going on a picnic today :)

After school I'm taking all of the littles and we're going on a picnic. I have yogurt, oranges, kiwi's, raisins and multigrain pretzles packed (and water of course.) (just orange and yogurt for me)

and TONIGHT

the girls have ballet so we're having another "picnic" at the studio with hard boiled eggs, veggie platter, dip, cheese and whole wheat tortilla's for hubby and the kids and a grilled chicken salad for me!

So I just spent the last 1.5 hours cutting and preparing and packing but it was super fun. It will be an awesome day and look at all of that yummy healthy food
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Sounds wonderful! Have a great time
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

ooo, can I come? sounds lovely!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:39 PM   #4  
Happy Camper

S/C/G: 274/264/220 then re-eval

Height: 6'2"

I think it's great that even though you aren't eating the exact same as your family you are feeding them healthy meals as well! This is about so much more than just losing weight and we want our family's to be healthy too! Wish i could get my hubby on board.
Enjoy your picnics!
barefootnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #5  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I usually eat almost the same as them. I'll omit extra cheese or stuff like that but tonight I really didn't want to deal with THEM trying to eat salads... lol! Hence the difference food for the littles today.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hope you had a wonderful time. What a lovely picnic and such a wonderful example you set for your family.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:36 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post

So I just spent the last 1.5 hours cutting and preparing and packing but it was super fun. It will be an awesome day and look at all of that yummy healthy food
I know what you mean. As time consuming as it is to eat health-fully, there IS a certain joy that comes with it. The knowledge that you are preparing and spending the time to feed your family well is almost a "virtuous" feeling and I DO get great pleasure from it. Although, every now and then I'll think, "If I have to chop just one more darn thing, I think I'll scream." But that is not very often and the feeling fades very quickly. Thankfully, large majority of the time, I actually get a kick out of it, so to speak and think it's a great way to spend my time.

I hope you had fun and I admire your good planning, as always. Oh, who am I kidding, I KNOW you had fun. Right???
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:12 PM   #8  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Ohh, that just sounds absolutely lovely! I love springy, outdoorsy activities like that! It's not quite warm enough over here to do stuff like that yet, but I guarantee that when it is, I will be the very first one to traipse outside and bask in the sun!!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

That does sound lovely thats so great that your family eats healthy. I am trying, but its a struggle with my clan. DH is just in denial about his eating habbits and thinks he is invincible, and that attitude (on top of the way I ate for the first several years of their lives) is rubbing off on my little ones. I am taking them on a bike ride sunday after noon. cant wait
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote