Old 05-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #1  
Fox

S/C/G: 205/197/160

Height: 5'5"

Default carbs/fiber question

I mentioned this in my original post in the food forum but I'd like to post it here too since this ones seems to get so much more traffic.

I've found a brand of tortilla/wrap that I truly love! Taste and texture is great and it's only 70 calories! But I'm confused about the carb and fiber count, it doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Carb count is listed at 5 grams and then right below the fiber is listed as 12 grams. I thought fiber is a carb, so it's impossible that fiber would be higher than the total carb.....am I misinformed about something?
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #2  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Wow, that stumps me too. That would make the net carbs less than zero.
Carbs - fiber = net carbs. Have you checked the company's website? Im not sure how that works out. Hope it's not a typo , , , that would make me wonder about everything I ate.
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm guessing they did net carbs, which would mean the total carbs are 17.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:33 AM   #4  
On my way to FIT

S/C/G: 285/298/130

Height: 5'1"

Are these tortillas made in the United States? The US FDA Food Labeling Requirements are standardized so that the total carb figure that appears on each food label reflects the gross total of carb grams (not net). However, the requirements for how carbs are listed are different in different countries. For example, special low-carb crackers made in Switzerland might be labeled as having 4g carbs and 3g fiber - but the 4g carb figure is net. So in actuality they have 7g carbs (gross), not the 1g net carbs you might think.

Yeah I bought those crackers on netrition!

Eileen2bLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #5  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

What brand is it? I love to learn about new food items from others in the forum. Laughing cow cheese was such a great find!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #6  
Fox

S/C/G: 205/197/160

Height: 5'5"

They are "Ole Mexican Foods" brand and I found them right at my local Shop Rite grocery store. I went to their site and found out their corporate headquarters is in Georgia and there are distribution centers all over the U.S.....but I don't know if it's actually manufactured here.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote