Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 08:12 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Post Beck Diet For Life/Solution – May 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

Welcome to the discussion group, support group, diet coach group, diet buddy group relating to the two books by Dr. Judith S. Beck:and the first bookThe Beck Diet Solution is a psychological program, not a food plan. It provides a step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life. The program is based on Dr. Beck's clinical research in Cognitive Therapy (CT).

The Complete Beck Diet for Life expands the earlier work and includes a food plan with suggested menus. From the cover:
With The Complete Beck Diet for Life you'll discover the 5 stages of successful deiting and maintenance. You'll learn how to motivate yourself, give yourself credit for every change you make, create time and energy for dieting, and handle hunger and cravings. Dr. Beck easues you into changing one step at a time. You'll master one task before monving on to the next. And you'll learn tehcniques to deal with challenging situations, such as sticking with ou plan at celebrations and dealing with "food pushers." With Dr. Beck's skills, you'll acheive a lifetime of healthful eating and lifelong motivation.
This is a place to discuss the Beck strategies and our daily efforts, to receive and provide support, and, for some of us, is where we serve as on-line diet buddy (coach) to each other.

If you’ve arrived from a search engine, you’ve landed at the site of 3 fat chicks, a remarkable place for those interested in a healthy life style, including mindful eating, exercise, and weight loss. More about the site, including how to register so that you can post can be found here.

The books are available on Amazon through the 3FC store by clicking their names above; buying through 3FC helps to cover the costs of running this site.

Previous Beck threads on 3fatchicks.com:

Beck Diet For Life/Solution – April 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach
Beck Diet For Life/Solution – March 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach
Beck Diet For Life/Solution – February 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach
Beck Diet For Life/Solution – January 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – December 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – November 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – October 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – September 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – August 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – July 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – June 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – May 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – April 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – March 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – February 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – January 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – December 2007 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution - November 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - October 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - September 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - August 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - July 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - May/June 2007
Old 05-01-2009, 08:19 AM   #2  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Friday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Completed the fourth and final day of training with the snack foods left on the table. CREDIT moi for the fourth time. That's a nice feeling, and a good memory for my memory box.

The Elliptical arrives TODAY. I made space last night using <blush> davidette's technique "Pile it somewhere else!" Oh Well. But, space is ready, CREDIT moi. Most likely I won't be here when the "technicians" arrive to set it up and explain its maintenance. DW gets that pleasure.

maryblu - LOL at "$85.00 per eye." Great trip to Trader Jo's. Gotta try that spinach sauce. But the "Raspberry Walnut Gorgonzola Vinaigrette" sounds like stuff I could drink straight from the bottle. Maybe for company.

onebyone - Ouch for second helping following the huge emotions of the surprise meeting with your sister. Kudos for stopping at two and Kudos for keeping the perspective that you have to move on. And for being able to see that a family member had reached out to you.

Thanks for the old OA slogan, "You can either face your stuff or stuff your face." Hadn't heard that before.

Robin (RobinW) - Yep, "Big Honkin' Kudos" for that 7am gym and continuing to chase down this opportunity with your trainer. And congrats for winning a drawing with yours the only ticket; I like those odds, LOL.

Thanks for the reminder that food can appeal as "sexy" to me. It it slips under my radar to my inner-fourteen-year-old, resistance will be very hard. That 14 Y.O. only thinks with the lower male brain which doesn't think of consequences, LOL.

Anne (wndranne) - That Roadrunner is just so cool. I'm jealous; still haven't seen one. When last in Texas there had always been a Roadrunner "just five minutes ago" wherever we went.

Crossing my fingers for your Rosemary bush today; I love that smell.

Tera (twilit tera) - E-mailing an Alaskan fresh salmon steak to Scampers to help the GI track. My Aussie loved salmon more than anything.

Re Kessler: On the maintenance thread they're discussing craving for peanut butter and mention that the stuff processed with sugar is MUCH more addictive. Interesting data point.

Would love to hear the conversation when you called to tell your minister why he couldn't visit, LOL.

ChinaMaine - Yay for "No sign of fatigue or soreness." And Kudos for continuing with your exercise.

Trish (pattygirl63) - Kudos for starting up on the exercises. Yep, smart to be careful. I identify with eating just because other people are eating, hunger or not. That seems to be the social norm all right.

Readers -
Quote:
resistance technique 2
Say to yourself, Oh Well.

You can add the following idea too:
Besides, although I may not like restricting my eating right now, I will definitely like all of the benefits of losing weight.
The Complete Beck Diet for Life, pg 97
Old 05-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #3  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

WI: +1 (salt & water)
Pain: 1/8/3
Activity: 3

Credits: vacuuming , getting the kitchen "mostly" clean , counting calories , keeping chiropractor's appointment on top of an otherwise busy schedule , vitamins

Maybe an explanation of the levels I use is ... overdue.

The pain scale is on 0-10, with 10 being the most excrutiating experience I've ever had (burning my hand with black powder several years back) The first number is the lowest point I was in that day, the second number is the average pain level for the day, and the third is the level of pain I spiked to at some point that day.

I started tracking my activity level when I realized that the relationship between my pain levels and how active I am doesn't really become apparent unless I track both. So I'm using a 0-5 scale:

0: hospitalized
1: getting up only to get food or use the bathroom, laying down otherwise
2: some light housework or a single errand
3: light housework much of the day and/or multiple errands
4: Chores and errands back to back all day
5: heavy chores, moving furniture, running marathons (as unlikely as that last one is right now)

So we had to take the cat back to the vet. He came back a different shape! He's a much more relaxed kitty now.

I still managed to get the apartment somewhat presentable for Rev. H. But by the time we got to the Chiro's office, I was hurtin'! That made getting x-rays SO much fun.

C said that she was confident that I would benefit from rehab and wouldn't need surgery. With a combination of physical therapy, better inflammation and pain management and chiropractics, she felt my body would recover. My next appointment is on Tuesday.

This has really been a learning experience for me. I still plan to go to the Methodist clinic and see what they can do, but I figure at the very least, they'll have better information from C's office than Dr. G's.

So I dropped off to sleep really quickly at 9:30-10pm, then woke at midnight and couldn't go back to sleep for 4 hours! Woke up in some discomfort this morning. I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend.

I need to try to rest up, but I still have things on my to-do list that require being up and about. I think I'll do what I did earlier this week, and just make it a point to get one thing done every time I get up for personal reasons.

Robin: Simply being outside the house before 7am deserves a HUGE in my book.

Interesting information about speed networking. I imagine the technique is more useful in business than romance. I wouldn't be so sure that it doesn't involve hormones. From what I've heard, testosterone figures prominently in aiming for success in business. Congratulations on winning the necklace! I just love mother-of-pearl!

Trish: Again, you demonstrate your receptiveness and determination, hopping on the cycle for 5 minutes, knowing every bit counts! Housework certainly feels like exercise to me. Not as much as it did when my hip wasn't hurting... back then I would dance around with my broom and dishrag. It felt so good!

You are making some excellent excercise decisions, choosing to build up gradually and start with minimum stress. I'm so happy for the way you're taking off!

ChinaMaine: new low! that your fatigue stays low as you continue to build on your exercise program.

onebyone: Yes, this is one of the reasons we make memory cards, to remind us later of the consequences of poor choices, only then, I think they're called "cheat sheets" or whatever name makes the most sense to us. We also make memory cards for the times we do succeed in using our strategies, so we are reminded of our successes and that we CAN succeed.

Good work, analyzing the events that led to your extra helping.

It sounds like you need to retrain your thinking a bit. But hey, isn't that why we started using CBT to begin with?

This isn't about "should" and "ought to," it's just about what actions lead to what outcomes. I sense that you're judging yourself rather harshly when you say things like, "I didn't do what I ought to have done."

Maybe try "next time, if I do this instead, I will have a better outcome." and see how that makes you feel. Work on building good strategies without playing judge and jury.

(Please forgive me if I'm reading more into your post than there is. I might be supersensitive to self-judgment because for years, I was hypercritical of myself.)

for counting your calories and staying on plan, as well as recognizing that there's more to healthy eating and living than counting calories!!

I'm very sorry you had that stressful confrontation (?) with your sister in front of a complete stranger. Maybe it was a wake-up call to her that shutting you out is plain silly? My thoughts are with you as you choose the time to call her.

Maryblu: What happened in '76?

Anne: for your run and hooray for getting back to normal. for going for a walk to work out work issues (hope it all gets ironed out).

Wow! Fast work getting the Kessler book! Keep us posted on it, yes?

Bill: for successfully resisting all that FREE food during training!

on calling the minister to postpone. I didn't exactly tell him the precise nature of the cat's ailment though. He understood, especially when he finally did arrive and Scampers was at the vet again. I go to a very liberal church, and most of us are of the opinion that all life forms in the family are valuable.

Last edited by twilit tera; 05-01-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Bill~
Quote:
"Pile it somewhere else!"
we do that too often! Did I tell you I got the christmas tree out of the trunk of the car...then into the kitchen (in the catch all area)...the we had the furbaby, and we moved it to the living room (tucked in the corner) because the furbaby needed her sleeping spot in the kitchen. I'll get that tree put away yet! Im so not into holiday decorating....I managed to get it all up, but I still need to put it all away *sigh*

Tera~ Kitty came back a different shape!??!!!! poor kitty, but I bet she feels soooooo much better!! That...waking in the middle of the night, and not getting back to sleep has to be one of those MOST annoying things! I hope you got a bit of rest tho.

Not much new here...planning to get my workout in sometime today. I didnt go early because I had to take dh to the eye dr to get stuff done. He's home sleeping now.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Just a quick one here today just to check in and say
I'm very sore from a 1 hour work out. The program I'm doing is so easy that you don't realize the workout you are getting and I'd forgotten that. I felt so bad last night that I'm sorry to say I had a cheat sheet entry. I'm starting Stage 2 today and figured the calories I should be able to eat and lose and I was a little over max calories I could have. So I guess it wasn't too bad, just wish I hadn't done it. I also realize from reading the book that IE is probably to much of spontaneous eating so doing Stage 2 will be strictly calorie counting and learning to have set times to eat as much as possible. Also, I've decided to start fresh Monday with my 30 min exercises Mon - Sat. I'll do 5 or 10 maybe even 15 min on stationary bike.

BBE & davidette - I am really good at move it somewhere else especially if company is coming. Reminds me of one time when I was a teenager. We had just moved into a new house and someone had popped into town and wanted come visit and see the house. Mama had us fly to pick up and she transfered things to a big closet. You can imagine how embarrassed my Mother was when our guest opened the closet as she toured the new house. Till the day she died Mama still couldn't believe someone would just come in and open someone's closet like that.

BBE - Great job worth a Memory Card for resisting all that food. You inspire me.

Tera - So glad you can get help without surgery.

RobinW and everyone else -

Y'all have a great day!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/200/175

Height: 5'4"

Hello,I was hoping I may rejoin the group.I saw my last sign in was 8/08,can't belive it was so long ago.I had completed th Beck book and workbook in 2008.Just recently I was injured at work and have a tear in my tendon in my calf.I have been out of work 1 1/2 wks and have my next appt 5/7.I have been catching up on my reading and currently I am going through the Beck Diet For Life book,both books are great.I have the first book on cd also to listen to in the car[havent been able to go in the car though].Anyway I like the diet plan she outlines in the back of the new book although the formula gives me 2000 calories which seems like alot.
I like in the new book also how she talks about getting prepared to diet and collecting all kind or measuring cups spoons ect...I sell some antique and older glass items on ebay and I user her suggestion and collected some of these dishes to put in my cupboard to use.For example I found pretty glasses that fit only 4 oz or juice,custard cups that measure 3/4 cup and some soup cereal bowls that measure 1 cup and 1 1/2 cups.Alot of older glass is both very pretty and fit smaller amounts which are just right for measuring and eating out of
.I also have 5 very shallow bowls that can be used as a plate as well and I put my dinner on these,they are 8 1/2" wide so I will eat less.Well thanks,Wendy
Old 05-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Tgif

Beck – WI-up .5 lbs. Read my cards and made a food plan. I was op for food and exercise. Fatigue: 2.2 (1=Feel great, 5=Extreme fatigue) I was tired today, and a bit undermotivated – but it is Friday, right? I’ve been home alone this week (well with Moose, but he’s not a good conversationalist.) I get to pick my hubbie up at the airport at 11:45 PM – but won’t be home until almost 1:30 AM. Oh well... His layover is in JFK, IMHO the worst airport for delays. So, I’m just hoping he gets home tonight at all... I'm watching All the President's Men to while away the hours until I leave...
one by one It sounds like you had a nice talk with the lady you encountered in the hall. But, ouch, family issues are so hard. I wish you best and am glad you brought it to the group. It is definitely better than just letting it fester… Congrats for staying within calories. That means you used your resistance muscles right? CREDIT!

Anne for hitting that mini-goal today! Credit for op, especially since work was stressful. And it’s nice to hear that you’re physically getting back to normal. It’s funny how different things are between Arizona and Maine. I find 90 degree heat to be just intolerable, but it sounds like you enjoy it – at least under some circumstances.

Bill There’s no shame in piling the stuff somewhere else – we’ve all done it. Now if it stays were you put it too long, there might be some shame in that… Credit for resisting the platters of goodies one final time.

Tera The news from the chiropractor is GREAT! Only time will tell, but I really do hope she is right. But I do agree it’s also wise to follow through on the ‘traditional’ medical path at Methodist. Congrats on getting so much done in addition to being op and all the usual beck-stuff. Thanks for the explanation of your scales. But the pain one says 1/8/3. Based on your description, I don’t understand why the middle number is 8 (‘the second number is the average pain level for the day’) and the last number is 3 (‘third is the level of pain I spiked to at some point that day’). I guess I don’t really need to understand, but it seems like the number you spiked to should be higher than the average for the day. In any case I’m sorry there’s an 8 in there, whether it’s the level you spiked to or the average for the day.

Robin Good luck getting that workout in! Perhaps the tree should become part of your year-round decorating? It’s too late to put Easter eggs on your tree – but how about lilac branches? You could put flags in for Memorial Day, Veterans Day and the 4th of July. You could put Canadian flags in for Canada Day (I think I have that right…). And for Arbor Day, the tree needs no further decoration! Okay, I’m just slap-happy today I think…

Trish (pattygirl63) Credit for having a good plan for Stage 2; it sounds like you’re doing all the right things. And Credit for doing a cheat sheet for being a bit off plan yesterday – this really helps you to build the skills you need. But I also hope you give yourself lots of credit for eating well the rest of the day yesterday. Good luck!

Wendylan Welcome back!! I joined in January so our paths haven’t actually crossed before... Love all your bowls and cups! I’m sorry you’ve been injured.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #8  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up friday check in

Hi Coaches

I have had a good food day today. OP. No urges to go off track or anything. I guess it really was the emotional stress yesterday. As for that topic. I haven't called my sister yet but I will. I decided "this is not an emergency and I DO NOT need to stress over it. I am allowed to call when I am ready to call. " In essence, I took the pressure off. Who's pressure? My own pressure.

I went into the school this morning. I wanted to go back to bed but I didn't. I got the kiln cooking and then I went to the printroom and did the finishing silk screen printing to my two prints and I brought the three I need to show at Monday's critique back home with me to complete. I haven't done anything with the lino block carvings so that's the top priority for the weekend to get more of them done. I have a No Choice deadline of Thursday afternoon to print my big print so it's do ( I just typed "due" - seems equally correct eh?) or die.

It was easier to get myself into the school this morning because I realized that I really will be done a week from now. Last class finished. Apprenticeship completed (big bus strike print) and that made it feel like I could give things this one last push.

BTW coaches I've been reading The Structure House Weight Loss Plan... which of our coaches recommended that book I wonder? Well thanks anonymous coach. It's good. Very Beckian. I had some kind of super-profound insight that moved me to my core, but right now I can't remember what it was. I'm sure it'll come to me and then I'll share it with you guys

wendylan I remember you from here last year. Glad to see you again. I hope your injury is healing well and fast.

kuhljeanie hope you're lurking and things are coming together...

angelmomma210 just wondering how and your DH you are doing?

And thanks to all my coaches for your comments re: my sister and re: my offplan eating. Your friendly thoughtful supportive responses are why I continue to come back her. Thanks.

Hope you enjoyed your Friday.

Last edited by onebyone; 05-01-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:13 PM   #9  

Coaches/Buddies A good day! I had a wonderful workout this morning, biked 6 miles to the pool, swam 1200 yds, and then biked 11 miles home over a couple of substantial hills. It was wonderful, because I'm really feeling more fit and didn't have to push myself over the edge to do it, but did get a really good workout in. Two hours, so I alloted 300 extra calories for myself. Eating was good. I was on plan except for two legitimate changes, and I was pretty much where I wanted to be foodwise, or at least within a hundred calories. I'm tired tonight. I did sleep better last night than I have been, but the sleep disturbance and long workout are catching up. Need to post, plan, update the spreadsheet, and then hit the hay.

I did meet my 5 lb goal this morning, so tomorrow I'm taking DD to pick out a rosemary bush (plant?). I made my old goal card a memory card, and made a new 5 lb goal and card. My next 5 lb goal puts me back at my pre-preggo weight, which was my longer term goal for my DS's first birthday. I have a reasonable shot at making it.

My tester pants are now fitting, so it is time to go "shopping" in the pre-preggo bin again. I don't think everything will fit, but several more things should.

Bill Thanks for starting the May thread! I'm reminded each month how much this little group owes you for its success.

If I ever have a four day meeting/training and avoid the food, I'm going to do a Memory Card in ALL CAPS. Nice work indeed!

How is the elliptical? Did you play with it? Does DW like it? Does it have new car smell?

Tera I long for a mostly clean kitchen. Nice job getting there, and also on your long list of credits. Sorry bout the pain spike.

Sounds like you are getting some progress on getting some ideas for dealing with your hip pain. I'm glad to hear that. I'll be turning cartwheels when it gets completely dealt with.

Amazon can beam a book to the Kindle in something like a minute. FAST delivery. So far the Kessler book is interesting. Got through the neurochemistry bit, and starting on the food industry section.

RobinW LOL on the Christmas tree movement. Hope you got your workout in.

Trish Sorry to hear that you are sore, but nice job getting your workout in. Seems like I've had about 100 Cheat Sheet entries myself. It happens. The important thing is to learn what you can from it, and keep moving forward. Sounds like that is exactly what you did.

Wendy Welcome back. Hope your injury heals quickly. Glad you are taking some time to catch up on the Beck reading. Your dinnerware sounds cool!

ChinaMaine I think everyone is entitled to feel unmotivated from time to time. Hope your hubby gets home in a timely fashion.

This time of year, we do in fact have a dry heat, so 90 deg isn't bad. But dry heat or not, 100 deg is just hot. 110, typical June, makes the eyelids sweat.

onebyone Glad you found a rational way to deal with your issues with your sister. Sounds like a very wise plan to me.

ONE WEEK LEFT!!

Nightie night everyone!

Anne
Old 05-01-2009, 10:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

A quick flyby to say Hello Had a great day back OP. Still can't believe I can eat this much food. Of course, this is starting Stage 2 so we'll see how it works. Getting things ready for tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:33 AM   #11  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Saturday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - She's here, installed, and operational - my new Sole E25 Elliptical. CREDIT moi for choosing an installer; reading the assembly instructions made me grateful that I paid to have an experienced person do it. 90% of their service calls are due to improper assembly, LOL. Looks smaller in the room than I had feared. But this model comes with a stern warning not to watch TV while using - you might fall off, LOL. DW is ecstatic. For getting this done, CREDIT moi.

Dinner was OP because we had to dip into my stash of lunches due to a time squeeze getting out last evening. DW really liked my lentil stew with the never-too-much cumin. CREDIT moi for having a stash.

onebyone - Kudos for OP while busy with the final days of school. would seem to me that your art teaching gig will have work without the intense feeling of pressure. LOL at "super-profound insight" that won't come into brain-view. BTDT. Maybe you've already absorbed it into your karma - don't need to recall it anymore.

Robin (RobinW) - LOL at the saga of the Christmas tree. Around here, it's become common for some folks to leave their strings of white outside lights up all year.

Anne (wndranne) - Congrats on your 5 pound goal and the trip with DD to pick a Rosemary bush. Just love the thought of teaching a three year old the smell of Rosemary. And Yay for the shopping in the pre-preggos bin. Be alert, LOL, Martha Stewart would note that fashion colors have changed!!!

Yep, DW is thrilled with the new elliptical. It does have a "new car" smell, LOL, at least in my brain. I saw a very small mark on it and immediately set about to remove it just as I would have with a new car. And thank you for the kind words.

Tera (twilit tera) - Good news that your chiropractor sees the possibility of improvement without surgery - a ray of hope at last. Continued Kudos for continued plugging away.

Yay for Scampers back "in shape." Yay for the purrr of a happy kitty.

ChinaMaine - Ouch for the increment in fatigue; Kudos for being OP in food and exercise anyway. Perhaps it's time to learn dog-speak; no doubt that Moose has a lot to teach you.

Wendy (Wendylan) - Ouch for your torn tendon; what do you do to make that heal? Hope that gets better so you can get back on your activities track.

Neat that you collect old glassware from eBay. Those special sizes can be real handy. I'm on the lookout for some 1/4 cup scoops to put in various containers from which I scoop out a measured amount - like my granola. But, so far, I've only found them in full sets. So it stays on my amuse-myself-at-yard-sales list to find them individually.

Trish (pattygirl63) - Kudos for pressing forward to Stage 2. Hope you find the right level of calories for yourself. LOL at your mother's closet story - that is a mind boggler.

Readers -
Quote:
resistance technique 2
Say to yourself, Oh Well.

The technique of saying Oh, well can be applied to all sorts of situations. When you find that the line at the supermarket is slow, you can get frustrated - or say, Oh, well. You can get angry at the inconsiderate driver in front of you - or you can say, Oh, well. You can get upset when you have to move an event inside because it has started to rain - or say, Oh, well.

The Complete Beck Diet for Life, pg 97
Old 05-02-2009, 09:02 AM   #12  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Well, yesterday turned out to be a whirlwind of a day! I spent "ALL" day trapsing across God's green acres picking up and delivering orders. I get back to the shop, and one of our very very good customers shows up to pick up her order. She felt really bad and way out of her comfort zone when she had to tell us that we did her website wrong on the back of her van. I felt bad for her, then I felt bad that we made (more or less) her have to confront the issue so she could get it fixed. I forgot the "The" in the web address Those are the kinds of mistakes that really tick me off! I looked at the order, and my fingers didnt type what was written on the paper to get it cut out properly Ok....so this is one of those customers that is extremely busy!!! She's all over the place, and needs to manage her time to get everything done that she needs to get done. I asked her if she had a few minutes, we'd fix it RIGHT NOW! I run in get the razor blade to get it off the windows, and the cleaner to get all the guk off left behind, hubby loads up the cutter, and gets the new stuff cut/weeded/masked and within 20min we had the old off, and the new on!

Alright......now because I was dangerously hungry during all this, I was scooping up spoonfuls of my soup inbetween all this action.

....no sitting and mindful eating. It was eating to make the aching in my tummy stop!

Big Kudos tho...we went for supper to the greek place just down the street. I asked for a take-away box as soon as my souvlaki was served. Dumped half of it in the box before I put any dressing on it. TaDa! I have todays lunch!

Then....its off to bed bath and beyond to pick up a few "tools" for the kitchen. Dragging hubs off with me. (and a few other places he didnt want to go to)

Home by 8:30, did some posting in the blog, and then crashed No, no workout yesterday, but Im ok with that. It wasnt a missed workout because of laziness. Which is usually my issue. No, I couldnt have gone yesterday morning, because hubs had his eye appt...the kind where they dilate his eyes, so I had to drive. Im really ok with missing yesterday's workout.

Today however!!! Im off. Its a pamper me day...and my workout is planned. I really dont see any reason to miss it

Bill~ Kudos for hiring the installer!! hmmm...you might not want dw to know you are a pretty good cook! She just might put you to work. Oh but maybe if she see's you are a good cook, she wont mind any new kitchen "tools" you may want to cook with. Hmmm its a catch 22

Chinamaine~ You're too funny! I can do the Canada Day tree thing, because Im Canadian sure you can too....no reason why not. The tree is actually in its 3 pieces laying in wait to be put away
So what time did hubby end up getting in. Its nice when they get home isnt it

onebyone~ Big Kudos for taking the pressure off yourself!! When Bill started this new thread, I forgot all about that post the other day. It might be a little late, but when I read it....my first thought was, call her when you "know" she will not be home. Leave a message, put the onus on her to call you. During your conversation that is what I would have done. Told her to call me rather than the other way around. She seems to be the one with the issues, not you. This way, there is no pressure at all. She can't come back and say you didnt call!

Pattygirl~ Trish~

Anne~ good luck in that pre-preggie box!!! I always love finding stuff that fits again. Its like shopping only on the cheap!

wendylan~ Welcome back!!

Im off have a great day everyone!!

Last edited by RobinW; 05-02-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:24 AM   #13  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

WI: -.5
Pain: 1/3/7
Activity: 1

Credits: stopping with 1 bite of 3 musketeers , counting calories and declining cookies when calorie allowance was reached , recognizing my emotional vulnerability and staying away from opiat painkillers , making a stand when B wanted to go out today

It's our anniversary. 10 years, a big one. I'd like to be able to go out an celebrate. B thought we could celebrate by going to home depot and picking up the parts for the desk I want, because that would be less strain on my joints than say, going to a restaurant where I'd have to sit. Unfortunately, I'm still recovering from the week. What I really need is some time off of it. So I told him about the pain and we're staying home this weekend. *sigh* Days like today, I wonder if I will ever have a "normal" life again.

Robin:

Trish: Loved the story of your mama's houseguest!

Wendy: Welcome back! How did you tear your tendon? What treatment are you receiving for rehabilitation? I hope it goes quickly and insurance/doctors/work all operate cooperatively to help your recovery.

Good work finding portion-control sized dishes for your cupboard. It really helps!

ChinaMaine: Sorry to hear about the fatigue level. Hope your hubby touched down safe and sound and I wish you both a relaxing weekend!

And... well... there's no wonder you were confused about my pain scale yesterday. I messed up and put the pain spike number 2nd. I do that sometimes.

onebyone: for giving yourself permission to decide you just weren't ready yet to call! for the profound insight you can't recall. It'll come back to you - hopefully just when you need it.

Anne: for another goal met! I'd forgot you were "Kindling" the Kessler.

Bill: on your new arrival!
Old 05-02-2009, 10:17 AM   #14  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Talking And the start of another week

Good Morning Coaches

I have made Saturday my official weigh-in and as of today I have shed 6lbs.
Lots of water whooshed away. My jeans have loosened up a bit after getting dangerously tight.
*phew*
I look forward to entering the 250's.

NOTE: I am fighting the urge to beat myself up for being here, again, about to fight through the 250's. Seems over the past year I have been right here, on the cusp of the 250's, wondering why I am still here at the cusp of the 250's... well, it take what it takes. Maybe this time I am done with it? I will behave as if I am done with it nad move forward. I'm just acknowledging these seeds of doubt and obvious self-sabotage... BE GONE!

Credit moi for: sticking to my plan - for my weightloss this week - for doing 30min on the wii fit this morning when I woke up when I only intended to do 5 min (guess this is extra credit here).

I'm having a good day today...hope you are too.

RobinW DH mentioned to me yesterday that we had our little xmas tree still up. It fits on a sidetable. So I picked it up and moved it onto the floor behind the couch against the wall. I have no idea where to put it away an this is my major problem. I keep calling to mind Flylady who says "You can't organize clutter. You have to get rid of it." That's my next project, and my taxes, once school officially ends next week. We have DH's sister and her DH coming to visit mid July. I need to give them somewhere to sleep! BTW I loved your suggestions to call my sibling when she's not home. I wish I really knew when that was. I too was miffed that, again, it is up to me to call. *sigh* Whatever. I am trying to stay positive and there is a lot to be positive about until there isn't...

twilit tera Credit indeed for cutting calorie creep off at the knees! (re: cookies/chocolatebar). So sorry to hear your pain is up but glad to hear you will take care of it as best you know how. Big kudos on your 10th anniversary. It's a special day no matter whether you go out or not.

Billblueeyes How fantastic to have a "stash of lunches" to offer your beloved. Methinks this could be better than flowers! And kudos to you for getting the guy to install the elliptical. Many a man would say "no! A waste of money! I can do it!" and then..well..ladies we know don't we?... it's not done, it's unfinished, it's not done right, you decide to do it... cliches? yes. But so glad you had it done and now DW can just use it! My art teaching gig may be postponed to the fall term now. All the Stretch' n' Sketch classes got cancelled due to low enrollment. I have one more offering a Sat morning kids sculpture. It may go but we still had 3 students and we need 10. I'd be happy to postpone to the fall truth be told.

pattygirl63 Happy to hear you getting through the book, following the plan, giving Dr. beck the benefit of the doubt! Kudos to you for taking these actions. Enjoy your weekend.

wndranne So it took you 6 miles to get to the pool and 11 to get home.
And this was after swimming. I'm giving you one of these for doing all that. In the Arizona sun. You inspire me. Oh and congrats on the 5lb goal being met. Enjoy the rosemary bush. They're hardy!

ChinaMaine I hope your hubby is home by the time you read this and that you're getting all caught up! Enjoy your weekend.

It's nice out there. I think I'll go check out the clothes over at the mall. I need some spring/summer tops. I've been wearing that black oversized hoodie for too long now... I want something girly.

Enjoy this fine day coaches.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #15  

I'll be back tonight, but a quick thought for onebyone. Since the 250s are tough, can you track your weight in kilograms for a bit? Do you have digital scale with a setting you can toggle? Same weight, no baggage, less trauma.

Anne
Closed Thread