Old 05-01-2009, 06:54 AM   #1  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Default 40-Somethings May Chat

Can you believe that May is here already???

Just wanted to pop in and post a couple pictures, sorry they are so big but really can't re-size them now. I'm on a slow connection and uploading again really isn't an option. I also need to apologize to Tanya that she has to endure double post; I've been posting on the BL thread a copy of what I post here.

I found this quote this morning and it is perfect for how I feel today: "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty."

Most of you know this but it was after a visit with the kids last November that put me on my way to a life style change. Being with them now only reinforces my resolve to get and stay healthy.

I'm doing great with my eating but my only exercise is running after a 15 month old. Then there is the pushups off the floor to chase him some more. I can tell you that it so much easier now than it was six months ago.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:01 AM   #2  
Eat Less Move More

WTG Heidi..... I see your ticker is on the move!!! You will be in the 160's very soon. Keep it up!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 07:32 AM   #3  
On my way to a new me!

S/C/G: 205/168/145

Height: 5'6 ~ 44

oh your grandchild is adorable.... i'm not sure what motivated me this time, i just know i'm gung ho about my weight loss journey now,.... i was like this once before and i lost almost 100lbs so i feel confident to get it off this time again!
Savora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #4  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

CruiseCAT - your GS is adorable!!! How much fun that must be! And your son & DIL must be impressed by how much you have changed... I'm glad you're having a great time! Thanks for noticing my loss... I'm feeling pretty good, and wearing jeans that I clearly remember did NOT fit me at the start of last spring. Yay.

Savora - I'm glad things are ticking along for you -- awesome!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:47 AM   #5  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

oh my gosh! it IS May already!!!

I'm sorry that I haven't been posting. One of my best friends here in the Netherlands passed away a few weeks ago and I'm still trying to get my head around it. That and my husband being away in India the last 10 days meant I really just had no energy to come online. That said, I am still on plan and in fact lost last week 1.1KG in addition to the 2KG the week before. I am amazed that I have handled this bad news in a better way than emotionally eating and drinking. Michael (my friend) would have been proud.

CruiseCAT - what a wonderful reason for a lifestyle change! He's adorable!

and Heidi, keep up the good work!

Hi Savora and everyone else!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #6  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Velveteen - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend... that's got to be incredibly difficult... and then especially with your husband away... Good for you in the weightloss department - I'm really glad you've found something that is working for you, week after week.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:29 AM   #7  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

CruiseCat, that baby is adorable! I've only recently decided that it would be ok to be a grandma. Probably because one of my younger friends (39) recently became a grandma (and she is besotted with him--he is super cute too!) and because DD21 is in a serious relationship with a really nice boy--someone that my DH and I really like. They are not engaged...yet. They are both finishing up college and DD is planning on grad school for Fall 2010.

Velveteen--I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. And it makes it doublely difficult without your husband at home to lean on. I'm so proud of you that you have stayed on plan during all of this. It would have been really easy to use these situations as an excuse to overeat. WTG!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #8  

Cute baby CAT!! Love the blue eyes! I am around but having difficulty with the site so have been mainly reading when I could. I am back to working out full force even with the hip pain. It is not as bad as it was so I just plan on having the doctor check it out when I go next week. I am off to run a mile at my kid's school for their Presidential Physical Fitness mile. Maybe this old lady can show them how it is done, LOL!! Hope everyone is having a good day on plan!
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 244/200/150

Height: 5'3''

Go Beemer Go! Presidential Physical Fitness mile....what a great thing to do with your kids! Setting a good example for my daughter is one of the main reasons I am determined to finish and maintain this journey. I hope your hip continues to improve!

CruiseCat...one word....adorable!

Velveteen - My best wishes to you; you are right to give yourself credit for making good decisions during a stressful, emotional time. When my time comes, I hope I can follow your good example and "can do" attitude.

Losermom - Some of my friends are becoming Grandma's too, I however, need to be content to wait as my oldest is only 16. She is a great kid and has bigger than life plans as we all did at that age.
Ponytail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:49 PM   #10  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hello all....

CruiseCat...that baby is beautiful

Velveteen...sorry for you loss...I'm sure Michael was proud of you!!!

losermom...I am not sure I will ever be okay with being a grandmother. So good for you!!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 142/141/120

Height: 5'4"

I can't believe it's may either! Our May Day was stormy and cold - hopefully soon we will have sun!

Cruise your grandson is adorable! Aren't they so fun at that age - my baby is 6 and I can't believe it, but oldest will be in middle school next year - wow!

Velveteen I am so sorry about your friend - I can't imagine. We had an exchange student from Holland about 5 years ago - she was so sweet - we still keep in touch.

Well, here's to a good month!
Celtic mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Cat sounds like you're having a great trip. Your gs is adorable and makes it worthwhile to make lifestyle changes for someone so cute!

Velveteen sorry to hear about your friend. Good for you and your ability to asses your emotions and not let them control the situation.

Jacque I agree about not being okay with being a grandmother. I hope I have a long wait as my oldest in only 8.LOL

Beemer glad to hear you're on the move again.

We had a warmer day today and I hope it's here to stay.
CanadaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:37 AM   #13  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Thanks all. Really appreciate the thoughts. What can we do but go on, right? Now my stepdaughter's lost her hamster - and man is she crying all over the place. I'm trying to get her to see a more positive light on things and told her about Michael. So we've decided that Michael is now taking care of her hamster in Heaven and she really liked that idea

I have a hair appt in an hour or so, so I'm going to make and pack a sandwich because I know I'll get hungry there!

happy saturday all!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:30 AM   #14  
Eat Less Move More

Thanks everyone.

Velveteen, sorry to hear about your friend and your step daughter's hamster. Sounds like you did a great job easing her pain.

Susan - sure hope you are not over doing it. Be sure to keep us posted on what the doc has to say.

Heidi - Although the kids are proud of my I'm sure they are waiting to see IF I keep it off this time. My DIL still would has a few pounds to lose after having Noah but she is still breast feeding so has to still keep her calories up. She is very interested in my life style change and is amazed at what I eat and how large some of my meals are. She is seeing that not all calories are created equal.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Happy May and Happy Saturday everyone~!

Cat... What a happy looking baby!! and so cute!

Velveteen, I am sorry to hear about your friend.

To everyone else I may have missed.. .LEt's all get outside and enjoy the weather... It's REALLY spring now!!

See everyone on MOnday!!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote