Old 04-30-2009, 08:43 AM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default Not feeling quite so good today

I've been having dizzines for a couple of days and I just feel realy myeh. I just can't be boythered doing anything, and I've got plenty I could do.
Can't even turn to food for comfort, cos it don'e work no more!

If anyone's got a spare positive thought, I'd appreicate it if you could fling it this way!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:57 AM   #2  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm sorry you have the dizziness. I was like that the other day at work and almost fainted. I stayed home from work yesterday and rested, I feel better. I hope you get some rest, mind and body, so that you can come back strong. Sending positive vibes your way, honey!!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

For you? I'll throw all of the positive thoughts I have! I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling so good. I had some dizziness the other day, too. Mine is from severe allergies and sinus pressure in my ears. It sucks. How about a nice warm bath and a yummy book? How about picking up an entertaining series like Desperate Housewives or 30 Rock from Blockbuster and vegging out on the couch with some laughs?

This won't last forever. Just hold onto that thought.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:20 AM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Take care of yourself....
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #5  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

I've had those dizzy spell too. A little rest usually helps. Take it easy for today and don't push yourself too hard.

Hope you feel better soon.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/ONEDERLAND!

Height: 5'9

This has been happening to me too . . . I actually went to the emergency room 2 days ago because my vision became blurry which induced a panic attack . . . only to be told nothing is wrong with me.

I'm on totm right now, and I'm having to change products every 30 minutes to an hour . . . I thought I was bleeding to death and I still feel very drained.

Last edited by heather88; 04-30-2009 at 10:17 AM.
heather88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #7  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I've had trouble in the past with vertigo and the dizziness goes away in a couple of days. I don't think there's anything you can do about it.

I hope you're feeling better!! Positive thoughts go out to you!!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:29 PM   #8  

Height: 5'11"

I have had vertigo in the past and had to take medication for it. Lately I have been feeling dizzy and in fact I stayed home today because of dizziness, headache, muscle aches. No, it's not flu--turns out that I have severe vitamin D deficiency! Except for a trip to the store to buy vitamin D , my plan for today is to rest, refuel my body with lots of healthy foods, and try to feel better. I've been trying to stick to around 1650 calories this week and I think I will up it a little bit today, just to try to refuel.

Ailidh, if you're not feeling better soon, perhaps a trip to the doctor is in order? Just to make sure that it's nothing serious?
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:46 PM   #9  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I have chronically low blood pressure and since I started losing weight it's dropped even lower - usually about 85/65. Could be your BP's dropping because you're eating more healthfully...which is a good thing usually, but it can cause dizziness.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:14 PM   #10  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Thankyou, people, for your support and concern!

I called the doctor this afternoon but they're closed until tomorrow.

I'm on hbp meds, that have been upped several times over the last couple of years, so I was kind of wondering if they're too high now.

I thought at first it was reaction to the weekend, because the memorial service hit me harder than I'd expected, but the days haven't sunnied up yet, and I'm just a bit grey and lethargic, so I think it's sthg physical.

I'll take all advice! and take it easy the next couple of days. and not overeat.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailidh View Post
I'm on hbp meds, that have been upped several times over the last couple of years, so I was kind of wondering if they're too high now.
You've made some big changes. I bet this is the problem.
Either way, I hope you get some answers.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:49 PM   #12  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

I think the dizziness isn't even yours at all and is caused by those remaining fat pounds running around in total panic trying to figure out how to slow you down ---- and FAILING TO COME UP WITH ANYTHING!! ARRRRRRGH! OH, NO!!! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO???

I can't help you with the physical symptoms (which you should keep an eye on), but sometimes all you need to change "meh" into "Oh,my" is to step outside your normal routine: drive home from work a different way and see what you can discover, take 15 minutes and sit in a park with the sun on your face, check out that new health food store just to see what they carry, flip your radio over to a reggae channel.....

Hang in there, Ailidh --- you are making fantastic progress and improving your life in so many ways. Come sit here on this bench with me for a few quiet minutes and just let your brain and heart catch up with your body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz15EcsulOY
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #13  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Ailidh, I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling your best. I have HBP and occasionally I get dizzy as well. In my case it's related to the medication I take; it lowers my potassium level. To feel better I have to eat either half a banana or drink a small amount of orange juice.

Hope you're feeling better soon and that you get to see your doctor tomorrow. Take care!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #14  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I hope it's nothing serious and I hope you feel better soon my friend
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #15  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

Might be worth taking a multivitamin if you've got any lying around. I find I get the dizzies when my iron gets too low. A couple of days of iron tablets and red meat and they stop.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote