General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-29-2009, 11:45 PM   #1  
It's ME!

Default Brazilian Wax

Hi Ladies

I've never had so much as a bikini wax before and this Saturday I'm taking the plunge and going for a full brazilian.

Eeeek!!

I've read a thread on this site before on the subject and I think I kind of know what to expect = legs in the air and my hoo-ha on display.

How do they get to the hair that's, erm, on the inside of the lips? And in the "back side". Gosh, what embarrassing questions to ask! I'm kind of scared about the whole thing so if any of you ladies can give me some detail of exactly what's going to happen to me it would be much appreciated.
LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:49 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

No legs in the air if they know what they're doing

On your back with your leg bent sideways, one by one... like if your were to plant your foot on the inside of the opposite thigh. No intricate yoga moves required!

They are soooo worth the $$ if you find someone who knows what they're doing. It will hurt, but it's a very fast pain- once it's ripped, it's over. Easy as that

And I've never had a waxer who didn't make me feel comfortable.

Oh, and as for your backside, you just lay on your stomach.

...gosh. That's a lot of personal info

Last edited by junebug41; 04-29-2009 at 11:51 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:54 PM   #3  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

I am SO glad you ladies posted on this thread - I've always wondered how it worked and whether they really do, um, stem to stern. NOW, any hints on about how much it costs?
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:57 PM   #4  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I had mine done last summer! Went with a girlfriend, we both had it, and I miss it! Got an email from her just the other day saying she went back again this summer, but I'm waiting to lose more weight before I go back just because I'm self conscious I know the boyfriend is a little disappointed :P But good for you for taking the plunge! Have you had a regular bikini wax before?

For MY brazillian there weren't any real legs in the air. I layed down on the table and she had me put my legs like a frog I guess, flat on the table but with knees bent out to the side. For the "inside bits" she pretty much just moved everything around and did what needed to be done! For the uh.. back side.... she had me lay on a side and pull one knee up to my chest, then do the same on the other side.

In my opinion, the hair in the less intimate spots hurt more to be pulled out which was a huge shocker. It hurt more to get hair waxed in the between-hip-bones-pubic-mound area than it was to get labia hair waxed - probably because it's denser and there's more being pulled at once.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:02 AM   #5  
Just keep breathing!

Oh - also mine was about 65 dollars. There was numbing spray involved before the waxing started. And my waxing person asks if you want "everything done" meaning all those hidden places

Edited even more : I keep re-reading and wanting to add more info! So.. I went from never being waxed to a full on brazillian too not knowing what to expect either. You'll be taken to a room, the person will give you a layout of what to expect. Take off your pants and underoos, they should give you a towel to lay over your bits when you're on the table, and they'll come back in and walk you through it.

Hopefully you'll get numbing gel or spray put on you, they'll explain the position, and you're probably the 20th brazilian they've performed that day alone so there's no need to be worried about being embarrassed!

Also a side note is if it's your first one, don't expect ALL the hair to be gone. There will be a few tiny specs of hair they can't get and that's normal. It won't be that noticable, and especially not in a bikini - but don't expect full perfection (I did and I was a little disappointed but I asked around and it's normal apparently) Any other questions I can answer - just PM!

PS - maybe take some ibuprofen about an hour before you go

Last edited by GradPhase; 04-30-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:04 AM   #6  
It's ME!

You ladies rock. I think it's so great to have a forum to ask these questions and get the low down on such things!
LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:09 AM   #7  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanweightorbust View Post
I am SO glad you ladies posted on this thread - I've always wondered how it worked and whether they really do, um, stem to stern. NOW, any hints on about how much it costs?
Mine is around 65-75. I usually get my brows done at the same time.

I was very surprised at how little effort was required on my part- no knees to the chest, butt in the air, or anything really... I just bend my leg a little and she does the rest.

Edit: and one more thing... I've noticed that I have a much more pleasant experience when I go to a place that *only* does waxing. It's so much more professional. I know many places don't have such an establishment, but here in Denver we have Wax In The City and I am so grateful

Last edited by junebug41; 04-30-2009 at 12:10 AM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 364/363/200

Height: 5'4"

The one thing I'll add is that if you maintain it regularly it is easier faster and hurts less. I did it for a boyfriend for his birthday and kept it up for a while. It was easier for clean up during my period which I liked. I stopped when he and I called things off. I toy with doing it again though...
madamruppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:57 AM   #9  

Height: 5'11"

OK, so since we're all being so honest and all.....I've never had any kind of a wax at all, but a few years ago, my guy-at-the-time said something about a wax that takes everything but a little strip up the front, kind of like a little landing strip or something? eeeeek, I can't believe I'm asking about this! But does that style have a name? Is that still a Brazillian, or does Brazillian always mean "everything goes!"?
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:10 AM   #10  
Just keep breathing!

No need for shyness around here!! I've heard the "landing strip" thing as also being called "French waxing". You can talk to the waxing technician person to make sure you describe it correctly to them, so they know exactly what to do - but I'm pretty sure even if you say "landing strip" they'll totally know what you're talking about. Pretty widely used term!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 275/275/170

Height: 5'5"

Wow, I was literally just thinking about starting a thread to ask about brazilians! Luckily, I didn't have to lol. I've thought about getting it done, but I'm not sure I want a stranger all up in my lady business, ya know?
RachelOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:35 AM   #12  
~one cool chickie~

S/C/G: 250/245/135

Height: 5'8"

Neat post - I always wondered about this. Ibuprofen you say? Heh, I would probably get good and wasted first Feelin no pain. Man, wax on my labia - hmmm, I'd hafta get back to you on that. My labia is quite happy where it is. But then again, if millions of women do it, there must be something to it. I wonder if you ever get used to it, ya know like does it hurt less the longer you have it done? And sorry if tmi here, but does your hair down there have to be a certain length (I shave religiously so yer I'm askin if I gotta have a growth for a while beforehand)? And um, an ever worse tmi question - what about the "rear entry" area, will they do that also, or not. My body just can't contort easily for a self job these days on that.

Last edited by honeybear; 05-01-2009 at 05:37 AM.
honeybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:09 AM   #13  
Just keep breathing!

The labia really doesn't hurt nearly as much as you'd think it would. I thought it was less painful than my eyebrows being waxed.

I'd say you probably do get used to it - I know that all the little stings from each strip of wax only lasted about two seconds and they were gone, not really a prolonged pain, just a shock affect really.

The hair does have to be a certain length, something like a 1/4 inch so the wax has something to cling to. And yep - definitely do the rear area - that's when they ask you to pull a knee up to your chest.

My best friend and I also noticed for the rest of the day there's definitely a hightened sense of feeling (and arousal) "down there" after the first wax that for us lasted through out the day. I would feel really awkward and uncomfortable going to church right after :P
Old 05-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

I know this is a really old thread.. but i'm debating this my self! EEK!!
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 229/174/150

Height: 5'9"

I say give it a go. I had my first one several years ago, and have gone back and forth on the up keep. Now I'm there every 4 weeks like clock work. It is painful, (not going to lie) but each time it does get easier. My sister has started going like clockwork as well and this girl flails and flinches just getting her eyebrows waxed! Its hilarious! She asked me to take her and hold her hand the first time. So if she can do it I think anyone can. It isn't awkward like you would think. You may want ask around for a good place/person. Or look online at review places like city search or yelp. I recently moved across country and had to find a new place and it took a couple tries to find one I liked. I love mine, she and I gossip and chat it up and before I know it shes done and Im walking out feeling FABULOUS! Sorry this ended up longer than I intended but if you are thinking about it I would just go for it!
beachlover86 is offline   Reply With Quote